1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make the Challenges System level-gated (level ≥100) instead of job-advancement-gated

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by deer, Oct 10, 2022.

1. wolf666

wolf666 Timer

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    1:58 AM
    Wolf
    Shadower
    The new HP system is a huge benefit to the server and I would like to see it implemented ASAP. I prefer Devs focus their limited time on creating a solid foundation for the new HP system that is centered around your typical maplers first.

If the various odd-jobbers happen to benefit from its first iteration then great. Like others have mentioned, to try and fit every single odd-jobbers and beginners just seems like a process that will take a while and further delay due to complications. GMs have noted OP's proposal and have indicated some desire to include everyone. But I think it's best for staff to move on and we as players to continue to give feedback as testing progresses.

Once the initial structure is accomplished and we have a better idea on the actual challenges for each level bracket, then I can see an expansion to include the others. So for the sake of time, beginners and odd-jobbers should be kept out of the system.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    10:58 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Ya apparently people are ‘nice’ until they have differing opinions. People with opposing opinions can’t be ‘nice’?

Is it just me or is there a shit ton of passive aggressivism in these posts?

A large majority of people are probably okay with beginner inclusion, but the continued self victimization is what is leading to your community’s vilification.

If you want beginners to gain free HP from challenger quests, argue that. That’s all you need to do. Stop trying to make it seem like beginners have been oppressed as if they can’t always job advance to be included.

Being a perma beginner is always a choice.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    7:58 AM
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    Exclude Night Lords from the system entirely.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    1:58 PM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Oddjobbers and Perma beginners, regardless of what inclusion they get or not, wouldn't affect the rest of you, i think? idk, i don't think any sane person would choose a spear wielding corsair over a normal corsair right

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    10:58 PM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Everyone knows a Night Lord's true destiny in life is to be carried for 120 levels. OnionCourage They deserve no other option.

• Agree Agree x 1