1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make the forums great again

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by beegoratto, Dec 22, 2022.

1. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    9:54 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    "Unfortunate" doesn't begin to describe my Pink Bean runs, this game rewards blind luck and nothing else, I am beyond convinced at this point. After getting completely tooled by scheduling with my host changing times on me last minute and refusing to provide confirmation prior to the day of the run, being kicked this way somehow felt even worse than I had thought possible. My preparation was superior, my play was superior, and I died and got kicked, so I don't see a reason to continue engaging in an activity where what is within my control is overwhelmingly outweighed by what is not.

I am done with endgame Maple Legends, and you won't get a fond farewell. This community is infected to its roots with a degenerative disease that grows stronger over time but stops short of killing its host. Endgame content used to have a competitive spirit at its heart, this has been transplanted and replaced with an artificial organ that feeds on vitriol and mockery from insecure little boys that heckle by the sidelines and tear each other to shreds over scraps of attention. The environment we fostered has trapped us all like this in a vicious cycle, and escaping it requires acceptance of the harshest reality we all scramble to explain away, that none of the countless straining efforts we put ourselves through here will ever amount to one single shining glimmer of significance. I would make this the end, but Aufheben is still ongoing, and I would never leave so many great friends out to dry, so I'll suffer through a few more runs for them.

One last thing before I leave you all to react with disdain, ridicule, and self-righteous fervor, before you do everything in your power to minimize my words and thoughts, box them up and shove them to some cobwebbed corner of your memory, and hope they disappear forever as a stain on your finite time ground to dust. From this moment on, nothing you say matters to me. The foulest insults you hurl with intent to wound will calmly settle at the earth before my feet, and the venom you spit will bring all the pain of a warm summer breeze. You are less than anything you can conceive, while I carry on, brimming with joy distilled from detachment.

• Creative x 5
    • Useful x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Is this NT PT2 dialogue or something

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    12:54 PM
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    Have you considered joining copy?

4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    For those who are unaware of the context, this is a legendary pokemon copy pasta by a top player. He essentially got haxxed in a pokemon match so hard that he rage quit the game and wrote this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zruui3yeBk&ab_channel=Freezai

Also R>Copy, we have lots of copy pasta similar to this.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    11:54 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    copy?
    "Unfortunate" doesn't begin to describe my Pink Bean runs, this game rewards blind luck and nothing else, I am beyond convinced at this point. After getting completely tooled by scheduling with my host changing times on me last minute and refusing to provide confirmation prior to the day of the run, being kicked this way somehow felt even worse than I had thought possible. My preparation was superior, my play was superior, and I died and got kicked, so I don't see a reason to continue engaging in an activity where what is within my control is overwhelmingly outweighed by what is not.

I am done with endgame Maple Legends, and you won't get a fond farewell. This community is infected to its roots with a degenerative disease that grows stronger over time but stops short of killing its host. Endgame content used to have a competitive spirit at their heart, this has been transplanted and replaced with an artificial organ that feeds on vitriol and mockery from insecure little boys that heckle by the sidelines and tear each other to shreds over scraps of attention. The environment we fostered has trapped us all like this in a vicious cycle, and escaping it requires acceptance of the harshest reality we all scramble to explain away, that none of the countless straining efforts we put ourselves through here will ever amount to one single shining glimmer of significance. I would make this the end, but Aufheben is still ongoing, and I would never leave so many great friends out to dry, so I'll suffer through a few more runs for them.

One last thing before I leave you all to react with disdain, ridicule, and self-righteous fervor, before you do everything in your power to minimize my words and thoughts, box them up and shove them to some cobwebbed corner of your memory, and hope they disappear forever as a stain on your finite time ground to dust. From this moment on, nothing you say matters to me. The foulest insults you hurl with intent to wound will calmly settle at the earth before my feet, and the venom you spit will bring all the pain of a warm summer breeze. You are less than anything you can conceive, while I carry on, brimming with joy distilled from detachment.

6. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    1:54 PM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    i'm flaring Anger everywhere to me its simple i dont care about many things idc what the fuck they do but if u start fucking with the way i play this game thats enough for me to lose my shit i ask for literally nothing other than leave things alone i dont care if other classes outdmg NL or whatever thats none of my concern but if ur telling me ur going to nerf ML NL weaker than GMs NL then i can't enjoy the game i can't enjoy reaching my original goal which was play my GMs NL in ML thats all i ever fking wanted so i dont care how all of u do dmg calculation or what is good or bad i just want ORIGINAL CONTENT thats honestly enough for me to quit this game if my NL becomes dog shit i'm going to quit the game u think GM will actually revert? this is nerf legends homie until all classes aren't playable this game isn't fixed real talk if u can't crt u will be shit when ppl realize taht if ur gonna make it inconsistent make the dmg higher bro i dont believe in statstics my 10% = 6% based off that math u might as well let NLs have a 5% crt chance and 1700% crt dmg NLs will be viable that way dont debate with me on this

R> copy & pasta

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    6:54 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    OK so i don't hate you for wanting to balance mages ok its fine, what ever. What i'm talking about is the snails, you said that they were not important, but i disagree, they are the most nostalgic and essential mob to the maplelegends community, everyone has killed a snail at some point in their lifetime. So to change the difficulty of the snails is to undermine the experience that every player on the server has experienced killing snails. It is not about how much time you spend on snails, I don't care if it takes 20 or 30 minutes, you are correct that the time span is not important,. I want to say that the EXPERIANCE of killing snails is important. There are things about early game that cannot be strictly quantified into time zones and experience points. I'm talking about how the game flows. If you can one-shot most mobs with ease in the Victoria island how is that good flow or rewarding? one shots should only be given to the players that have leveled up enough. What about the old players who have had to struggle with the snails. I think it is a fundamental change to the nostalgic experience that directly conflicts with my vision of the server. I think there should be some level of tediousness to the early game that makes players sit back and think "wow it was challenging" getting from level 1-8. I believe that no level up should be too easy, and that this early game struggle separates the wheat from the chaff. I believe it refines and cultures the entire player base. Kim wanted a smoother early game, but I believe that the early game is as already perfect. This is just my opinion on what an ideal maple story game would be.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    12:54 AM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I started to feel better about HP-washing/voting when I thought about it more like going to the gym. Thinking about going to the gym for the first time can feel extremely daunting, as HP washing might be to a new ML player. The machines are confusing, everyone else has gigantic biceps, and I am a moron who struggles to bring in her groceries from the car. The first couple visits can feel like death and make me want to quit altogether.. But after reading some guides and getting a few friends to show me the ropes, I get more comfortable with the process. I start to look forward to reaching my goals through the hard work I'm putting in daily. Do I wish I had rock hard abs without getting off my couch? DUH. But just because something takes time and effort doesn't mean it's bad. When a yoked guy comes and gives me advice on how to get a 6-pack, I wouldn't think he is trying to exclude me from the gym.. he's just sharing what he found was the best way to success! High level players who come into these threads and explain the various ways to HP wash aren't trying to exclude you, they're trying to help you reach your goals in the easiest ways. Am I going to judge you for not going to the gym? No way! You do you, and I will cheer you on regardless. But if you told me you wanted to climb Mt. Everest and you hadn't ran a mile in years? I would probably gently encourage you to put in the time and do some training.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Ah yes! The "EXPERIANCE" ily Nightz.

Also you forgot to mention that the Green Snail levels up too unto late game, The slugs with the green shells outgrow their gear as well and have to upgrade to Blue then Red, they get mad and upset at the maplers then become a Mossy Snail. But to their dismay they still lose so they just begin to accept that and grow old into Mano.. because MAN-o man, those snails.. really helped us level up on the start of our adventures.

10. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    NIGHTZ the worst shit that exists in ML is you. You think you're great, but what you are is a big piece of shit. And I tell you something friends of ML, nightz is not anyone's friend, don't trust him, I tell you from experience. many are happy because he exterminated the RWT, but now they are crying because there are no vendors in the ML to leech... if they are assholes...

I am so confused! Is this how GMs interact with the community? Lol @Nightz . I had a genuine curiosity as to who had the godliest item (because I love to check here often to see godly items). Nightz responded to meet me in FM and I whispered him to come. Then he BANNED ME! There was no RWT involved. That’s so crazy. I don’t even play anymore. But I am in disbelief that GMs auto-ban like that. [​IMG][​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. SharpestEdge

SharpestEdge Slime

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    SharpestEdge, Celaeno, Adrastos
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Another great post Blen, keep it up love you bby ❤