1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Making MapleLegends an exception in your Antivirus [Guide]

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Dutch101, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Dutch101

Dutch101 Mushmom

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    3:15 PM
    Night Lord

Hello all.

This is a guide on how to make your MapleLegends client (.exe) an exception in your antivirus,
    i took the time and trouble to test and log multiple virus-scanners/Antivirus programs so it will be easier for other people to find and accomplish.

The ones i will be adressing in this particular thread are:

-Avg Antivirus
    -Avast Antivirus
    -Norton Antivirus

-Kaspersky Antivirus

NOTE: I did not include Mcafee, because you should not be using that in the first place. ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avg Antivirus:

Steps:
    -------

1) Open Avg and click on Options, and then: Advanced Settings..

2) In Advanced Settings click on: Exceptions, and then click: Add Exception

3) Under: Exception type, select: 'Application or File', then click on Browse, to browse to your MapleLegends .exe (or shortcut).

4) Under: 'Ignore this file:' check the box 'Even when the file has been changed or updated', then click OK.

avg1.png avg2.png avg3.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avast Antivirus:

Steps:
    -------

1) Open Avast and click on Settings (Cogwheel), then click on the tab: Active Protection

2) In the tab: Active Protection, click 'Customise' located next to: File System Shield

3) Click on the tab: Exclusions, and then browse to your MapleLegends .exe (or shortcut) and click OK.

avast1.png avast2.png avast3.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norton Antivirus:

Steps:
    -------

1) Open Norton and click on Settings, then under 'Detailed Setings' click on: Antivirus

2) Click the tab: Scans and Risks, then scroll down to the category called: Exclusions / Low Risks

3) In the category: Exclusions / Low Risks, find 'Items to exclude from Auto-Protect, SONAR and Download Intelligence Detection' and click: Configure

4) Click on: Add files, then browse to your MapleLegends .exe (or shortcut) and click OK.

norton1.png norton2.png norton3.png

I hope this will be of help to some people.
    I wish you all a pleasant day, and i hope you will continue to enjoy the game.

Included below are the steps for Kaspersky Antivirus:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Dutch101

Dutch101 Mushmom

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    3:15 PM
    Night Lord
    Kaspersky Antivirus:

Steps:
    -------

1) Click on Settings, then the tab: Additional>Threats and Exclusions

2) Under: Exclusions, click 'Configure exclusions'

3) In this tab, click on: Add

4) Browse to your MapleLegends .exe (or shortcut) and click Add.

kasper1.png kasper2.png kasper3.png kasper4.png