1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Map owner abuse?

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by LeftBawlSack, Dec 24, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    LeftBawlSack

LeftBawlSack Blue Snail

Aug 6, 2017
    Male
    4:51 AM
    LeftBawlSack
    Hunter
    Unfortunate, I don't got time to camp out a map 6-8 hrs a day so I guess I'll just forget Anego even exists xD. Idk, just feels bad I can't kill a boss as a casual player cause a guild is monopolizing the shit out of a boss lol.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jlimlim

jlimlim Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    7:51 PM
    Bobo
    Corsair
    BoboFamily
    If you dislike the mule camping, why not you bring your own mules there and camp. If the other party is making an effort to camp the anegos. Why not you do that too.

3. OP
    OP
    LeftBawlSack

LeftBawlSack Blue Snail

Aug 6, 2017
    Male
    4:51 AM
    LeftBawlSack
    Hunter
    also, IxorazIxoraz, you don't got to be such a dick about it lol. just explain it to me bro cool yourself

4. jlimlim

jlimlim Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Bobo
    Corsair
    BoboFamily
    I get where you're coming from. But others are giving up their time to camp. So they kinda deserve the map for their efforts. HAHA they're putting in their time and effort. Alternatively you can just go Anego when the server resets.

5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:51 PM
    Moderator Post
    Random fact for new users: The timeout for @mapowner in 2015 was 10 minutes, it was also very buggy on the first week MapleF3

So it sort of changed over the time, technically :p

6. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

12:51 PM
    Unfortunately thats a pretty big slippery slope (taking the time to determine who are siblings, who arent, whos pretending to be [on royals they ask for official id which is pretty insane], even the voting system gets it wrong [people manage to vote abuse for months without getting caught while siblings accidently get banned and have to wait 1-3days for their ban appeal to get treated]) and super time consuming, adding these IPs to the exceptions 1 by 1 .
    I think HWID would be much better / less time consuming for this issue.

It also saved the map if you left it ... MapleF13 and you didnt need to kill any mob so you could @mapowner towns like Leafre :D

7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    That was a bug :p It even happened sometimes that someone that left ages ago never lose the owner, because it was very buggy, until Navi fixed the bugs about 2 revisions after, and Gi even further later where there was a loophole, which I forgot exactly what it was.

But yeah, after that it haven't really changed.

I agree with the IP vs HWID. As for Royals, you need provide a real life picture of yourself with a paper, your name, your IGN, as well as your siblings. This is something I absolutely frown upon due to privacy reasons, and is something that will never happen here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Danny07

Danny07 Pink Teddy

Dec 18, 2016
    Male
    7:51 AM
    MrRogers
    Priest
    Would that not be technically "kill-stealing" while the map ownership belongs to them??

9. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Sure, but if they don't know your mule's IGN they won't know who's doing it. They can't SS you killing on the left side of the map because you're too far away (while they're on the safe plat) and they can't SS with /find to prove you're in the map if they don't have your IGN.

This is a serious post by the way, pointing out another issue worth discussing with mapowner. I'm contributing to the discussion and would appreciate if my comment didn't get deleted. Thanks.

• Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Danny07

Danny07 Pink Teddy

Dec 18, 2016
    Male
    MrRogers
    Priest
    I just hope the kids who try it out aren't dumb enough to get caught. Meanwhile -- if rules stay the same in 5 years then call me Rockefeller like I was Standard Oil -- CUZ I'M MONOPOLIZING THE SHIT OUT OF THE WHOLE SERVER*

*In 5 years time I will have a 30k HP NL will perfect scrolled everything .. along with 3 more computers and 18 more game-related Gmail accounts with 3 mules on each of them. .... F3 FACE DONT LAUGH. ITS GUNNA HAPPEN)

11. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    12:51 PM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Supposedly nostalgic server but bans people for things that were seen as a nostalgic part of gameplay in the official servers...hmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Anyways, its up to the GMs to decide whether or not to cater to carebears who cry over being ksed; i just gave up on killing most area bosses after i got purposefully entrapped with the mapowner bullsh-t, don't really wanna risk some self entitled new player hiding in the corner of the map waiting to "mapowner abuse" me again :)

Debate regarding this topic is completely useless, the one and only thing to do is to play along to the ToS, if the GMs finally notice how easily and often manipulated the rule is; they might think about revising it. Just make a guild consisting of 30 mules and camp every single popular map in the game (petri,skele,ulu, gs2); sell the mapowner for 50m each. Not against the ToS so it's legit! :D

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  12. PlaceHolder

PlaceHolder Mushmom

Jul 28, 2017
    Male
    5:51 AM
    GiantDad
    Warrior
    How about sticking a bunch of Jr. Neckis on the safe platform?
    They're only a threat to people who afk in the Parlor.

13. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    how about removing that savespot ?
    if there is no save spot like bf than there wont be any map hugging.

not sure how it is going to affect killing angeo but its a good though:D

14. oochinchin

oochinchin Timer

Jul 2, 2017
    Antartica
    12:51 AM
    ooChinChin
    Hero
    DeathSoul
    Good thing I hoarded a shitload of sacks.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. Manny

Manny Mushmom

Mar 7, 2017
    6:51 AM
    Manny
    Bowmaster
    Animals
    just fuck up 5 nego timers so the rival guild doesnt get them ez pz

On a serious note when i was doing negos, the nightmares guild stalked me when i did all my channels. The mules were just looking at me the whole time until i killed the femaleboss so they can get the timers. Its the wild west out there in the parlor.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  16. Ixoraz

Ixoraz Horny Mushroom

Aug 29, 2017
    Male
    Magixforever/CityofLights
    NightMareZ
    Oh im pretty sure stalking is not allowed now since GM said you can be banned for harassment(just sitting in the map btw) welps. Lets see, where are the quotes...

1) can u please cc? you're making me feel uncomfortable :(
    2) you're making me feel like you're stalking me.. i'm not enjoying the game :(
    3) i don't like u sitting here, makes me feel like you're watching my every move
    ------- KingSonii (Maplelegends 2017)

17. oochinchin

oochinchin Timer

Jul 2, 2017
    Antartica
    12:51 AM
    ooChinChin
    Hero
    DeathSoul
    Reminds me of this song

Every breath you take
    Every move you make
    Every bond you break
    Every step you take
    I'll be watching you

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. yukkichan

yukkichan Timer

Oct 3, 2015
    Female
    The good ol anego days

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    2:51 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    not so fun when you are under lvl 100 and some lvl1xx destroys the wall map with one skill

20. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    8:51 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Fun fact... u don't need a new email for every new account you make. I got 4 that's linked to the same email

Is that reallyyy a serious note? :thinking: ppl always watch Bigfoot hunters.. unless you have 'performance' issues ;)

Also if they're willing to waste their time to watch u kill a boss, the way I see it, it doesn't violate ToS. If you do consider it harassment, next thing u know ur gna be reporting afks at your mapowned petris map kappa xD

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1