1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Maple MUD

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Alyosha, Sep 24, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    5:33 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    You sit on the box. With your weight shifting on the box you feel something rolling around inside of it.

Sitting eases your aching feet, but it does nothing for the dozens of bruises and numerous scrapes that have enveloped over your mud-and-blood-patched skin.

You feel like you have a some potential for learning new skills, but nobody is around to guide you.

2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    6:33 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Curiosity gets the better of me, and I try opening the box. Might as well take whatever is inside too, I guess.

If the box can't be opened, I just take the whole thing instead. It dissolves into the hyperspace that is inventory, and will probably be thrown at something later.

3. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I look at the surrounding for water (rivers, lakes, puddles, etc). I am hoping to wash the bruises and the scrapes on me. The last thing I want to see right now is to get infected.

4. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The box doesn't appear to open no matter where you tug at it. Whoever built the box seems to have sealed it permanently for some strange reason. You take the box with you.

Off in the distance, you see what looks like a well. It appears to be at the edge of the snail farm that you were looking for.

5. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    That's perfect! Being sneaky is not my strength, but with this muddy leaf toga I have, I might be able to bland in with the nature. I make my way slowly towards the well, making sure the guard doesn't notice me.

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    As I move quietly towards the snail farm, I reconsider my options. Would trying to clean my wounds in plain view at a farm well be the smartest thing to do? Infections take time to develop, and these snails just might put up such a fight that it doesn't matter. Not to mention guards. And then the camouflage would be ruined too...

~~~~~~

Just a comment that maybe we should postpone the washing for a bit?

7. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    You don't see any guards, but when you get close to the well you see that there is a house overlooking the field, and on the porch is an old woman. From this distance you can't tell much about her, but she is sitting still in a rocking chair and possibly sleeping. You arrive at the well.

You start to become one with the mudmen.

8. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Since there is no guards around, I no longer need to sneak. I carefully rinse the bruises and the scrapes on me and clean myself up a bit from the blood while maintaining the camouflage. Then I approach the old woman to double check if she is indeed, sleeping.

9. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    You become less muddy. Your skin also feels much nicer after the day at the mud-spa.

The old woman is in fact sleeping, and on her lap are two surprisingly pointy knitting needles and half of a knitted hat. But from a window you can hear people talking, a man and a woman.

10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Oh crap! I quickly move to the side and duck to get out of view from the window. Maybe in order to get at the snails, first I have to make a diversion.

11. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I like the feel of my new smooth skin <3

I think to myself...I expect there to be a lot of snails at the farm. It wouldn't be an easy task to kill them all without a proper weapon, especially with people near the farm. The old woman reminds me of my old grandma. I do not want to harm the people in this town. Perhaps I could do something to get a win-win for me and the town folks. I walk pass the old woman and knock on the door of the house.

12. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    As you think, you begin to hear the faint ramblings of what is being discussed.
    Man: I told you already, we aren't going to risk our people's lives by sending them out on some freak hunt.
    Woman: You aren't listening! This isn't even our island anymore! It belongs to freaks and perverts, and we can't even make it to Southperry anymore!
    Man: Listen, I know that new naked freak you saw today freaked you out, but that's why we stay in the areas that have the proper wards.

You knock on the door.

13. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Ah! Just as I knocked on the door, I realized they were talking about me, but worry not because I am camouflaged, she can't possibly recognize me.

I speak in a calm and peaceful tone. "Hello! Are you the owner of this snail farm? I want to discuss something with you."

14. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The man opens the door.

Because you washed the mud off of your face, the woman recognizes you. "NUDE-MAN!"

In that same instance, the man yells: "MUSHROOM MAGE!"

The old lady wakes from her slumber, stands, and holds her knitting needles pointed towards you.

Man: "You want to discuss something? Then talk."

15. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I shout a bunch of magic-sounding gibberish at the three humans and throw my maple leaves everywhere in a magic impenetrable smoke screen!

"Abracahocusvininniviccibra!!"

16. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The two in the house are silent at the scattering of the leaves. The old woman says "Oh my".

The man speaks up: "What are you even trying to do? Do you not understand wards?"

There are now leaves all over the porch.

17. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    "Uh... guess not!"

What was I thinking? I can't be the great Mushroom Mage's apprentice if I play nice with these people!

Fearing my butt is about to be stabbed by an old lady's knitting needles, I run off the porch and around to the back of the house.

18. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    You go behind the house. After a moment the woman runs past the house and towards Amherst.

19. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    The lady was probably the biggest problem here. Now she is gone, I could finally talk to the owner without interruption. I go back to the porch and talk to the man,

"I apologize deeply for what the lady saw. I went through a hell lot of troubles before I got washed up on this island. You see, I was a traveller who love to travel around the world. Not too long ago, I was attacked by a group of bandits. They left me with nothing and threw me into the ocean. I was just trying to ask for some help at the beach, but forgot I was naked. She ran away from me before I could explain anything to her."

"Then I saw this town and decided to come here to seek help. Without any weapons, I was ambushed by a group of evil mushrooms. They seduced me to make you think that I am a mushroom mage, but in reality, I am not. I made a deal with them so that I can escape from their seduce."

"That's why I am here. I want to discuss the deal with you because if we could work together, we could eliminate the evil mushrooms that are outside of your town effortlessly. I am sure you don't want them around your town seducing people, do you?"

"We could either sit down and talk about it now if you want. If you don't want to hear about it, I will be on my way, but things could get more and more serious if you don't deal with it soon." wink wink*

I try to make it sounds like it is a big deal.

20. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The man replies: "I'm having a hard time believing you. You dress as that trickster the Mushroom Mage does, only you appear much younger now that I look at you closely. I can't deal on promises alone though, I need tangible information and I need to know that you're on our side. So if you want to help, the first thing you need to do is find the Mushroom Mage's hideout, and tell us where it is so we can finally bring him to justice. We've sent numerous guards out looking for it, and not all of them made it back. I'm tired of spilling our own blood, so you find it yourself. If you are a capable adventurer and do find it, then I'll know you are telling the truth about being able to stop that madman. Can you agree to that?"