1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Maple MUD

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Alyosha, Sep 24, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    8:37 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The knife appears more polished as you scrape it in the sand and against the rocks, but it doesn't appear to be any more effective in combat. While working in the sand you find a small locket buried.

[Checks page number... checks level... Probably...]

You don't see any more snails in the immediate vicinity.

2. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    11:37 PM
    Crusader
    Shiny! I un-bury and examine the locket.

Speaking of rocks... I look around for some small rocks that I can use as ranged weapons. It’s always good to have some form of ranged combat capability.

3. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The locket doesn't appear to possess any magical properties and doesn't appear to be of any real use to you, other than the fact that it looks valuable. Engraved on the back of it is a name: Maria.

You find many throwable pebbles a short walk to the north of you. You grab about 20 of them.

+Locket
    +20 rocks

4. Snapples

Snapples Mano

Jul 15, 2018
    Female
    Snapples
    Islander
    Newbology
    Interesting. Thinking back to my previous life, I wonder if the lady that saw me naked last time was here looking for her locket? Need to remember to ask her name next time I see her.

I survey the surrounding area to see if there are any mushrooms anywhere.

~~~~~

Now that we respawned, do the npcs/people that we came in contact with remember us?

5. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    You see some fungus growing on a tree, but other than that there are no mushrooms hopping about. It's also becoming dusk, making it slightly more difficult to see.

You have no idea if people will remember you, but you can clearly see that it's slightly later than it was when you had died, and there are still signs that you had initially been here, with there being fewer leaves and the mud has been disturbed.

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:37 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    comment: I'll just help you all out a bit...

I "wield" the knife.

+1 str to hit things harder
    +1 dex to be more agile
    +1 luk cause we need it
    +2 int in memory of mushroom mage dream

7. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    I decide that it would be wise to prepare for the night. I attempt to make a small pit in the ground near the tree and clear away any flammable stuff like plants from the pit’s vicinity. Next, I attempt to gather some firewood and dry leaves, put them in the pit, and try to start a fire.

8. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The knife feels good in your hands. Not only that, you feel all around slightly stronger and more well rounded.
    7 str
    8 dex
    8 int
    7 luk

You have a cozy little hamlet now after brushing away all the debris.

You attempt to make an easy skill check in order to start a fire with your newly gathered supplies.
    [int/int+20]
    roll 28, 8 or lower succeeds the check.
    You rolled 26.

You have absolutely no idea what you are doing. Hitting the sticks together doesn't work. Saying magical words doesn't make magical fire appear. Smashing the wood just leaves you with smaller pieces of wood. It's a real head-scratcher. You feel inconceivably stupid, not that you know what "inconceivable" means.

9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:37 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Comment: Should luk be considered in all dice rolls? It's not all about skills, but some luk too.

I don't know if I should I risk sleeping in the wild, but I also don't know if I should risk being shot at again at the quaint town. I could dig a hole below me and just spend the night there minecraft style, but it won't be as easy to dig a hole without proper tools...

Let me head towards the port town for now, that seems to be the safer option.

11. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    Comment: We do have some unspent AP. If LUK turns out to be useful we could invest some AP there. But I am a lil tempted to throw the points into INT though...

12. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    [Ho boy my internet has been down for 15 hours, and I'm glad they finally got it back up ;) Also, yes, I think it's a good idea to consider luck in the calculation too. Now one third of your luck gets added to the skill checks, so now you're rolling (skill used + .33*luk / skill used + .33*luk +20) It's now slightly easier and now you can know when your incompetence is superseded by sheer dumb luck. Nice.

Not that anyone asked but the damage you deal already had luck factored in to it in the same way. Damage dealt = primary skill + .33*luk + weapon damage - enemy defense. Because of that there are only 3 types of damage: melee, ranged, and magic.(laughs in dex thief) I think you can figure out which one affects which. If you want to do it all then getting lucky is probably a good way to do that.]

You follow the beach towards the very slight light off in the distance, signifying the port town you saw earlier this morning. It looks like a walk you can manage before it's too dark, but at the same time it's very easy to get distracted.

[You have less AP than you think. ;) Maybe a couple snails could help that]

On your walk towards the port you spot three snails, one of them appears to be quite mean and is clearly the alpha, with a menacing blood red shell. The other two have blue shells, and although they are smaller, they still look fearsome to your innocent eyes.

13. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    [Nice! By the sound of it, full luk build could be very strong here, considering almost everything involves luk in someways]

14. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    [*adds hard skill checks*]

15. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    5:37 PM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Comment: Oh boy this roleplay is a huge trainwreck. I'm hopping in! I'll admit, I liked the mushroom mage idea but it seems we're off it. Please though, let's agree not to flip flop with our goals and just write a comment if we disagree woth the last user's command. Or maybe Alyosha could disregard a command if it goes completely opposite the last course of action.
    Anyhow, Southperry it is... hopefully we can get off this island.

I look at the 3 snails, afraid to repeat the mistake I made with the mushrooms. I theow a few rocks aimed at a blue snail, hoping that since I didnt attack the leader the others won't be aggravated. I smear the first rock with goo, hoping the poison effect will work.

16. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    One of the rocks hit the first blue snail square between its eyes, dealing 9 damage. The snail goo didn't appear to affect the snail in any physical way, but it did emotionally scar him knowing you just threw a mix of his cousin's internals at him.
    Blue Snail 1: 6/15 HP
    Blue Snail 2: 15/15 HP
    Red Snail: 40/40 HP

The snails, startled at your attack, begin to crawl towards you. Menacingly. And slowly. Oh boy they'll get you. Eventually. The Red Snail shoots some sort of mucus shot at you but it lands about halfway between you and him.

[The reality of this story is that all of your choices in the beginning are just there to lead you to EXPOSITION! So for that reason going against whatever you just did is actively encouraged, gotta gather that information and play both sides before a climactic final confrontation.]

17. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    5:37 PM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    I don't understand what you mean by this. I'm not saying to strictly stay on one path, but keep some semblance of structure and flow to the actions he takes. If that's what you were talking about. What exposition?

Anyway, looks like no one responded yet. I'll have another go, then I'll clear the stage.

In-character. I'm a little creeped out, but it's hard to be really scared when they move so slowly. I take a few steps back to regain my distance and throw a rock at the first snail and a snail shell at the other blue snail, chanting ominous sounding things in voodoo language and trying to activate my inner magic to activate a stronger throw.

(I'm looking to see if rocks and snail shells hit differently)

18. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The snails give worrying glances at each other as you step back, and another rock catches the first snail off guard as he is looking for guidance. He dies from the impact and some of his goo flies at the red snail, streaking across his face.

+2 exp [4/9 to level 4]

Watching their comrade die and feeling completely helpless, the two remaining snails turn around and begin to crawl away.

The snail shell you throw hits the second blue snail on the back of his shell, and the force of it breaks a large opening in his shell and shatters the shell you threw. It deals 9 damage.

Blue Snail 2: 6/15 HP
    Red Snail: 40/40 HP

The objects you threw seemed to glow with an aura, but you are unable to tell if it accomplished anything. You feel as though you released a bit of energy.

Character: 19/20 MP

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018