1. Need help finding an item, mob, or map location? We have a library full of information about MapleLegends, which you can see by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Feel lonely on the forums? We also have a MapleLegends Discord that you can participate in with many users! For more information click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Experiencing crashes with 'Unknown Error'? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version (March 30, 2018). The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Forgotten part of your account information? Want to recover it? Please go here and follow the sticky. We'll try our best to recover it!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Did you know we have multiple skins you can use, including dark ones? Manage your forum skin by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

MapleLegends Library

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Poofcakes, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Part-Time Plumber Staff Member Game Developer Game Editor

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    6:29 PM
    Ninnie
    Islander
    Moderator Post
    www.poof.ml [​IMG]

A month ago or so I felt like making a website. I decided to make one where people could look up things about MapleLegends, because BBB and mapletip don't always cut it, especially with the non-GMS content here as well, and also I couldn't think of anything else to do.

The only piece of information I used for the website that is not already publicly available is the monster drops (and gachapon, but there was a full list already available on the forum). Everything else on the website has been extracted from the game-files.

The website is not entirely finished yet, but it is at a point that I'm happy to make a thread about it. I'm always open to feedback, so if you want, you can leave suggestions or feedback in this thread, or PM me here or on discord.

Notes:
    - Everything is by default sorted on ID.
    - The (quest) EXP are shown as they would have been in a 1x EXP server.

Love,
    Poofcakes

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    • Great Work Great Work x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Kimberly

Kimberly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Fixed your image URL because it was localhost

• Like Like x 1
  3. Derryl

Derryl Red Snail

Aug 14, 2016
    Male
    11:29 AM
    Derryl
    Assassin
    Friendly neighborhood reply
    :pinkbean:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. ProTato

ProTato Capt. Latanica

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    9:29 AM
    SweetTato
    Bishop
    Honor
    I really appreciate the time and effort you have put into making this library. However, despite I find it very helpful, I still go to bbb 90% of the time simply because it has more user-friendly interface, so I would like to give some humble suggestions on how I think we can make poof.ml a much better ML library :heart:

1. Displays information up-front
    One of the things I like about bbb is the ease of reading information on items (though it's not perfect). Being able to read all the information, if not, the key information on a list of items at once without needing to open their independent pages saves a lot of time. It doesn't only shorten the waiting time for the new pages to load, it also displays everything in one page/screen, which makes it easier to compare items.

2. Show more items in a page
    This somewhat ties with the first suggestion. Being able to display as much information as possible in a page generally gives users easier time when browsing the website. Although I agree that not every page needs to be filled with information, only be able to see up to 10 items is too little in my opinion.

3. Extensive filters
    The filter system you have implemented is cool. I like the self-explanatory icons. However, they are limited in a way that I can't apply multiple filters at once. Having an extensive filtering system allows people to find specific items that they don't have much knowledge of. Imagine if we could have a filtering system like Amazon!

The most basic filter system I think would be useful...
    - Be able to look for a specific item category for a specific class.
    - Be able to look for monsters and monsters within specific level range.
    - Be able to look for skill books for a specific class.

To go a bit more advanced...
    - Be able to look for items that can only be obtained from mob / gachapon / quests / events.
    - Be able to look for specific category for scrolls.

4. Sorting
    I am not sure how items listed are being sorted as for now, but it doesn't seem organized, so it's hard to go down the list to find a specific item because it can be anywhere on the list. Ideally, it would be great to give the users ability to choose what sorting method they want to use, such as by level, by name, by rarity...but having at least a decent default sorting system would help a lot already:

- Gear (equip/weapons) is sorted by levels (similar items should be listed side-by-side, so there won't be a headband in between two skullcaps)
    - Potions are sorted by heal amount (similar pots should be listed side-by-side, so there won't be a heal pots in between a list of buff pots)
    - Return scrolls are sorted by locations (victoria, orbis, ludibrium...)
    - Scrolls are sorted by category and are listed together in order (claw att 10%, 30%, 60%, 70%, and 100%...)
    - Arrows, throwing stars, and bullets are sorted by dmg
    - Skill books and mastery books are listed together and in order (gen 10, gen 20, gen 30...)
    - Monster cards and leftovers are sorted by level of mob in which they are dropped
    - Monsters are sorted by their levels
    - NPCs are sorted by their locations
    - Quests are sorted by their level requirements

Note that not all sorting suggestions are ideal or possible. These are just some of my thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Ninnie
    Islander
    Moderator Post
    Wanted to make a quick post to let you guys know that I split up the equip page into two separate pages for armour and weapons. If you ever linked to the equip page, please be aware that those links won't work anymore.

All the images should be fine.

But yeah, you can now first select between armour or weapons, then the class, and then the individual item type.
    [​IMG]

EDIT:
    Also changed the monster page layout and added the mesos formula:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Lin

Lin Master Chronos

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    12:29 AM
    Liny
    Paladin
    Horny
    thank you for dis :')

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. bunniescool

bunniescool Horny Mushroom

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    12:29 PM
    Bunniescool
    Night Lord
    Animals
    The website looking better than ever. Keep at it
    :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Ninnie
    Islander
    Moderator Post
    Added level searches to equips, monsters & quests.
    [​IMG]

Also added this a while back, shows when you hover over an equip at the monster drops/npc store items/quest rewards.
    [​IMG]

And also equip stat ranges on the actual equip's page.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
  9. SternJohn

SternJohn Blue Snail

Nov 30, 2017
    Male
    Hunter
    I love how much this site is getting update. Maplelegends wouldn't be the same without it!

PoofcakesPoofcakes is there any change you could post a change log with updates? I understand this is a hobby project but knowing what's going on with each update would be awesome too.

Keep up the great work!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Kimberly

Kimberly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I usually put changelogs on our discord. I suggest joining there if you wish to be updated about poof.ml.

11. OP
    OP
    Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Ninnie
    Islander
    Moderator Post
    I want to keep a changelog but I'm so shit at explaining stuff sometimes that I don't know how to write things down. crymush I might try in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. SternJohn

SternJohn Blue Snail

Nov 30, 2017
    Male
    Hunter
    Changelogs are hard! I'm a web developer (.net ecosystem) too, the struggle is real. I'd offer to contribute to the project if you needed a hand but I don't know a thing about PHP.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yatayata

Yatayata Timer

Jan 19, 2018
    Yatayata
    Assassin
    Abyss
    With the multitude of early game items and weapons that fall in a specific level range and same with monsters is it possible to:

1. When you search for monsters of a specific level range to have the list populate (or have an option to make it show results) in ascending/descending order.

2. Add a next button at the top of the site so you don't have to scroll necessarily to the bottom.

Also, how difficult would it be to add map images that show npc and portal placements making it easier to locate hidden streets and such?