1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

MapleLegends Master Quest - Skuire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skuire, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    5:02 PM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    GET THAT BREADOnionMusic

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    3:02 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    12/16/2018 - Quickie
    Total Playtime: 288h -> 290.5h
    IRL: Didn't have time to play on Monday or Tuesday, but we back now.
    [​IMG]
    triple digits eyyyyyyyy SlimeSmile

[​IMG]
    Vikerolas were gnarly because they have this weird wave attack that extends their hitbox, so I found the best strategy for a weakling like me was to focus on only one set of platforms so that the majority of spawns went to the other side, leaving me plenty of space to hunt. Yabber Doos and Boopers were no trouble imo.

[​IMG]
    Next time I'm gonna finish off Gallos then go HARD for T9.
    OnionMusic

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    12/17/2018 to 12/28/2018 - OK
    Total Playtime: 290.5h -> 296h
    IRL: Hey! I haven't been crazy active lately cuz I've been hanging out w/ family over the holidays, as well as memeing around a bit on OSM. That said, I've been thinking: Maple is a grindy game that only gets grindier the more you progress, so in order to ensure that I have a lot to talk about every time I write up a post, these "time period" updates seem like the way to go for the future.
    I hope you guys had a good Christmas and are looking forward to the new year! SlimeGrin
    [​IMG]
    Gallos are tough, so BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG shoutout to FullyINTing for partying w/ me and helping me get my cards here! Ur a bro, and the exp was dank too.

[​IMG]
    Pro tip for the Extras: Go to Showa Street 2, and prepare for Extra C to be your worst enemy. I'm not kidding, I was able to max Extras A, B and Leader B twice over in the time it took for me to get 5 Extra C cards.
    With that, Tier 9 is ACHIEVED!!!!! tho I'm gonna be honest, this one is ugly IMO. All the other tiers were pretty gemstones, but this one is... opaque black? We'll just have to get T10 ASAP to fix it...
    OnionMusic

[​IMG]
    O btw, it looks like Chapter 3 is completely. done. Looking back at all those cards, we've come far.

[​IMG]
    T10 remains. 30 sets to go. It's gonna be a long, slow, painful grind. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    OnionCourage

• Like Like x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    12/29 to 12/31/2018 - Resolutions Etc
    Total Playtime: 296h -> 306h
    IRL: Let's get straight to the point: I want to make 2019 the best year of my life to date. Each day I want to work on improving myself physically, mentally, and spiritually. To cut out the filler and spend my time doing only things that are meaningful to me.
    AND, I want to finish this master quest. SlimeWink
    [​IMG]
    Lately I've gotten this urge to take on all those nasty cards that I've been putting off for a long time. The dreaded Dark Yeti & Pepe is a shining example. I managed to get pretty lucky with his drops from what I can tell, but if you're planning on hunting this gnarly guy, you should take the legendary DrJason's advice into consideration:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...completionist-lounge.21430/page-4#post-170597

[​IMG]
    Chapter 4 GET!

[​IMG]
    And how could we talk about nasty cards without mentioning the lovely Buffy and Deep Buffoon? Their drop rates are shit. All I can say is, never give up! And pay attention to where they spawn.

[​IMG]
    The grind to T10 continues. I'm an insane person so my goal right now is to clear out the entirety of the Lower Clocktower. Wish me luck!
    OnionMusic

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    1/01 thru 1/05/2019 - The NUTS
    Total Playtime: 306h -> 337h
    IRL: I'm making major changes in my life right now, but we can talk more about that later. SlimeWink
    [​IMG]
    And so the grind to T10 began... u guys, I LOVE the music down in the Pirates/Vikings area. If ur a soulless metagamer who doesn't play with BGM on, give it a listen here while u read this post:
    https://youtu.be/7PO-m2atU2U
    So catchy!

[​IMG]
    KEEP TRYING! even if u get 15 Klock cards before seeing a single Dark Klock, KEEP TRYING! even if Grim Phantom Watches move fast af and take 5-6 hits to kill, KEEP TRYING!
    (i think they took me over 2 hours?)
    OnionMusic

[​IMG]
    i took out Thanatos and thought I was done with ludi, then realized I totally forgot Gigantic Spirit Vikings. They look exactly the same as the other vikings, so can u blame me?
    0W0

[​IMG]
    BTW, I decided to scroll up my 5int/8slots robe w/ 60s to get some extra washing. I've gotten to the point where I used up all the extra MP I've gained since level 1, and tbh I got addicted to washing along the way. NEED. MORE. INT!
    (right now im leveling with 210 total)

[​IMG]
    The final push! I went to Showa to patch up some holes, revisited Lucida in Orbis, then took on the until-now UNTOUCHED area of Leafre for the final three.

[​IMG]
    LAST SET LAST CARD F5!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    YATTTAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! Tier 10 ACHIEVED at only level 106!

It was a lot of work, but also a LOT of fun hunting down all those cards. Thank u MapleLegends staff and devs for taking a chance and introducing this awesome custom mechanic. It adds so much to the game to be able to visit all these overlooked *non-meta* areas for a GOOD REASON! now do something similar for questing PLZ!

So we've maxed out our ring, but we're far from finished with cards. Next time we pick up the hunt, it'll be for nothin but swag. SlimeWink

[​IMG]
    For now tho, I guess it's... grind time???
    OnionMusic

[​IMG]
    UpDog toxic af LOOOL

[​IMG]
    i got 2 CS from event so far!
    chaosed my 4att/clean pgc and... we gained some sweet magic def i guess? SlimeSweat2

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Chow

Chow Selkie Jr.

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    11:02 PM
    I love the deep ludi bgm a lot myself, thanks for sharing - was actually a lil bit of a rough morning but this made it a little bit more bearable.
    Well done with regards to the progress so far ~

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
  8. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    1/06 thru 2/08/2019 - The Come Up
    Total Playtime: 337h -> 394.5h
    IRL: Hey guys, back with another monthly update, Kappa. I've been doing a LOT of cool stuff lately, but one thing I've been focusing on especially over the past few months is getting BIGGER - gaining weight. I started at around 165 lbs (~75kg), and my most recent weigh-in was soooooo close to 180 lbs (~82kg). It was tough at first (especially cuz I'm someone who can go without eating for great lengths of time), but... I've gotten used to it! Let's Get Swole. SlimeSmile
    [​IMG]
    In order from Most to Least Impressive, here are some gears I scrolled. First, these SWEET pirate pants that I was lucky enough to land 7x 70% scrolls, on. Second, a 10dex earring that I managed to make on my first try (again with 70s), and Third... the sad remains of my PGC that I chaosed liked a month ago. I figured that there was no use in keeping open slots on a 4att/4slot cape, so I decided to drop some dex 60s on it. The nice thing about this is, since I'll be using this crappy cape for a while, I can cheap out on some of my dex gears for the moment (looking at u, face accessory) and still hit the req for my Craven.

[​IMG]
    Aaaaaand in similar order, some scuffed gears I bought. The pirate top is decent enough to use, the nose was like 1m (lol) and isac was actually KIND and GENEROUS enough to give me his beautiful 1dex racc mask. What a guy! SlimePolice

[​IMG]
    I have been GRINDING MY ASS OFF at mannies for like, the past five days. Do u know how hard it is to level from 110-115 at MANNEQUINS, as a HERMIT?!?! It's tough. But I did it for the people.

ok, i could go to literally anywhere else to grind better exp, but the combination of levels, raw meso, convenience and gacha that u get from mannies is hard to beat.
    LEVELEVELEVELEVELEVELEVELEVELEVELEVEL
    OnionMusic

[​IMG]
    Our luck has been god-awful so far, but I'm working with my boi isac and his sugarbaby lovely lady em to get my dream 35dex scar helm. well, im actually paying them, but its fun to pretend im doing dmg in the first two phases of scar.

[​IMG]
    INVIDIA IS MY #1 FOREVER

[​IMG]
    I added a bit more base INT recently, mostly because I'm planning on doing some double washing in the future. It's overkill for sure, but I realized that having extra HP is a really, really nice thing, so why not?
    BTW, I'm pretty sure this amount of base makes me an official INTlord. SlimeSmile

[​IMG]
    So the plan's pretty clear: level to 120 (mannies ftw), get my HTP, and hopefully get a decent scar helm somewhere along the line. If I can't get my 35dex right away, that's fine- I'll just scroll a decent STR helm and add a few points into base. For now tho, it's grind time.
    OnionMusic

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  9. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    2/09 thru 2/16/2019 - The Luckiest Man in California
    Total Playtime: 394.5h -> 437.5h
    IRL: So there's this kind of extra challenge I've been doing w/ maple recently, and if ur in my guild or BL u may have heard of it... The basic premise was: 1 minute of maple = 1 push-up. So every 15 minutes, get ur ass up and do 15 push-ups. If ur too strong for that, try 2 per minute, or 3, or however many u need to push urself. Then, everytime u play, increase the amount - I'm up to over 20 push-ups/15mins by now (im a weakling ok?). U can also do planks, pull-ups, crunches, rotate them day by day, whatever is most effective for u. All I'm saying is, get off ur ass and join me in this maple challenge!

(u too isac, we need to do something about those stick arms of urs) SlimePolice
    [​IMG]
    First off, new look for a new grind! I was getting seriously tired of all the bright colors.

[​IMG]
    MANNIES MANNIES MANNIES
    OnionMusic
    hey, check out that chaos scroll i got on a SINGLE TICKET RUN!

[​IMG]
    Alright, so I wanna give a big ol shoutout to each of these guys for training w/ me on my final ascent to 120 in preparation for my HTP run: Jinchuriki, xBabyBear and especially my BOI Ziozo for slogging it out w/ me at Shaolin 1-2 even when the EXP was trash for him. #California

[​IMG]
    ANOTHA ONE OnionCrazy

[​IMG]
    It was at this point I realized that u don't actually need to be level 120 to get HTP. Nope, u can actually enter the cave as early as like, level 80 LOL. So I relaxed a bit and decided to do the prequests. Fun fact, u can actually farm the Tough Dragon Skin etc items from Drakes in vic, which are waaaaaaaay easier for me to kill than those nasty Wyverns. The Cornian Dagger was a bitch to get, but I got pretty lucky and the exp wasn't too bad either.

[​IMG]
    HT run! Bring lots and lots of power elixirs, and watch your HP like your life depends on it... because it does. SlimeSmile

[​IMG]
    BECAUSE IT DOES. I died like a nub, but was lucky enough to get ressed and NOT die again to some kind of mass-seduction from big boi HT.

[​IMG]
    Runners' luck was trash, thankfully mine was decent. I managed to get myself a #GoodEnough HTP. Originally I was set on getting an 8dex/8luk, but now with the release of MoN this isn't even my endgame pendant, so we're totally fine taking a less-than-stellar one. I mean, it's only 1 stat difference anyway.
    Thanks to the runners btw. We had some *cough* issues, but yall did pretty well regardless: DELVAUX, Indie, thirdbirth, Trebuchet, Johnn, and SweetHeals.

[​IMG]
    I'll be honest, I was pretty spooked about falling off the cliff during this quest (cuz apparently that breaks your egg?), so I forgot to take any screenshots of the quest itself. That said, I'm happy to announce that I did not fall. SlimeSmile

[​IMG]
    There was only one thing to do after I got my pendant squared away... go back to where it all began and grind out that last few % to 120!!

[​IMG]
    A nice thing about being obligated to complete every quest is that u get to be lazy and take the 10mil spell scroll instead of having to hunt down Manon and Griffey.

4TH JOB YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    OnionBlush

[​IMG]
    I FINALLY got to use the TT10 book I've been carrying around in my inventory since like level 55. Now that it's gone, I kinda miss it... the slot is so empty... SlimeCry

[​IMG]
    OwO whats this? OnionCoffee

[​IMG]
    Yesterday we managed to assemble the Cali All-Star team for a couple scar runs. I was still trying to scroll a 27dex+ STR scar helm, especially cuz I just got that HTP and was super thirsty to finally equip my Craven.
    look at these nubs dying by literally letting the boss walk into them OnionMuha

[​IMG]
    CAN U BELIEVE THIS HELM! that's two 70% and seven 60% passes fyi. SHIT IS CRAZY! if u didn't know, my IDEAL helm that i was trying to get w/ isac was going to be a 35dex (DEX) scar helm, not (STR). in a way, this is better than anything i could have ever anticipated, cuz this means if i ever want to make a godly ~40 dex scar, i won't have to dump my current helm to do so.
    (if anyone is confused by this, it's because there are two types of scarlion helms: STR and DEX. u can only hold one at a time of each, so if i had a DEX helm as my main hat, then i wouldn't be able to scroll another DEX helm until i got rid of the existing one)

HUUUUUUUUUGE shoutout to the Cali crew for coming on these runs, u guys are the reason i was able to scroll such a great helm, plus ur all cool ppl: Ziozo, michaelxii + Tartine, Postcard, and vectory!

[​IMG]
    You may have noticed I was one single point away from hitting 140 DEX, which is what I need to equip my craven. Luckily (and impatiently) I was able to find this Branch Nose that's 1 point better than what I currently have. I wanna get a better face accessory eventually, but this was cheap and works really well for me right now.

[​IMG]
    FINALLY I get to equip this damn thing. Here's the comparison of my 54att NRC + LUK gears vs my 71att Red Craven + DEX gears. As u can see, it's quite significant.

[​IMG]
    Dam, we just hit like, four milestones at the same time. 120, HTP, 4th job, DEXless Craven,
    and 2 CS + 1 WS Kappa.

For once IDK what's next, but see ya next time anyway!
    OnionBye
    [​IMG]
    this is who u meet when u die and go to hell

[​IMG]
    this man died during the FIRST STAGE of HT! dont rely on ur pet to heal u guys. he did good on the second run tho, so i guess he gets a pass... SlimeWink

[​IMG]
    kek

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Doing it. Will report.

11. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    MapleF15! keep grindin bby! OnionPerfect

• Like Like x 1
  12. Louisbr13

Louisbr13 Blue Snail

Feb 7, 2019
    Male
    6:02 PM
    Tranox
    Fighter
    Newcomers
    Cool man, grats for the conquests. I love to see to things like your Journal, makes me remember my Tibia times and the Life Threads we have in there. Reading this i inspire myself to make a proper Journal, I am noob and keep discovering how this game works, but i'm excited with the idea.
    Keep going with this thread, and I will keep reading.

• Like Like x 2
  13. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    2:02 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Dam sku! You got a higher range than my lv 148 corsair! You are def going to be a bossing monster by the time u are 135.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Only grinded 3 hours so far since you last updated, but dammit I did them pull ups. (I hate push ups sry)

Ty for the inspiration

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pentillum

Pentillum Red Snail

Feb 21, 2019
    Male
    5:02 AM
    Zynthos
    HI! I just wanted to ask at around what level did you start HP washing, with around how much base INT?

16. healskys

healskys Slime

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    5:02 AM
    where did skusku go... f4

• Like Like x 3
  17. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    First time going through this journal, even though this is from a while ago thanks for the journal SkuireSkuire