1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice MapleLegends roadmap #2 update

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:20 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello all,

With the server uptime hitting 17 days without a restart, some may be getting concerned with the lack of updates going on.

First of all, I want to say that this might be one of the biggest updates in a very long time. Not because of the content by itself, but more so because we are doing a lot of things at the very same time. Kinda similar as updates back in 2015 like this as well as this.

We are re-factoring (basically meaning re-coding/polishing) a lot of important code, and this requires insane amount of time, as well as general testing. Marriage is getting completely recoded and 100% authentic, and so on.

A lot of things we've started on are currently in our 'Tespia' testing phase, which means its getting close to being finished. On top of all that, we are also still working on the Summer Event. The Summer Event is also at testing phase right now, so hopefully we'll be able to launch it sooner than later.

Furthermore, we are still internally discussing some decisions based on feedback for the server, and we'll hopefully come with a conclusion regarding that too soon enough, after we've tackled some balancing concerns we still have to change or fix.

The biggest map-fix patch for higher resolution yet

This is more a project with me and my lovely designers, which is that we've fixed a lot, and a lot of maps for higher resolution, making MapleLegends feel soon (if it wasn't yet) the most polished pre-big bang server to play in true 1366x768 resolution.

Our goal is to slowly but surely fix every map so that they are compatible with the higher resolutions without looking 'weird'. A very long project, but definitely one that is worth it.

This will have the most maps fixed in one patch yet. Every single quest map has been tackled, and now looks completely compatible with 1366x768 resolution.

Better than official servers in our opinions. The official servers took a very sloppy approach when it comes to 'improving' maps for higher resolution, so we want to do it better.

An example is the ToT maps we've been working on right now.

Official servers: https://i.imgur.com/uziLdCc.png
    ML (WIP): https://i.imgur.com/r3ApCe8.png

There's many more similar like that, such as Ludibrium. Ludibrium has very terrifying black bars around the areas that are increased by the higher resolution in the official servers. Not here!

Here's one more example of a map that will look beautifully on our next patch.

Demonstration: https://i.imgur.com/YKi26nl.png

So if there was any thought development may be idle due to lack of updates, or something similar to that: NO. We are all working very hard, each with our own project, and we can't wait providing the next update to you guys. We thank you very much for the patience.

With much love,

~MapleLegends Staff & Administration

• Great Work Great Work x 10
    • Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    6:20 PM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    This does put a smile on my face

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. db42

db42 Red Snail

Jul 16, 2020
    Male
    Israel
    12:20 PM
    orix22
    Cleric
    Pokemons
    This is looking so good! Can't wait for it to go live!
    Thank you for doing this great work for us.

I just wanna ask, I don't know why but it feels like in your pictures you get way more screen space than in my screen, almost as if you're running on 1920x1080
    I already added the custom resolution of 1366x768 using CRU and get a very nice screen space but yeah yours looks almost 1.5x to me is it possible?

4. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Open Legends.ini/Legends and change your HD setting from whatever it is to 2.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  5. Sympatic

Sympatic Master Chronos

Sep 16, 2017
    Male
    Thanks for the update. ;)

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. camilagmw

camilagmw Snail

Jun 13, 2020
    Female
    7:20 AM
    towts
    I/L Mage
    You all do such hard work and take so much care! Thank you for your dedication and care!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    11:20 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Great behind the scenes work! exactly why MapleLegends is set to be THE classic v62 experience Neckson never bothered to provide.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Whyu

Whyu Snail

Aug 9, 2020
    7:20 AM
    Very nice to see the work of yours on the server, really nice to see the compromise to improve the game for us all. I'd like to say that i just started to play the game and there's an error about resolution that bother's me: I use a resolution of 1920x1200 (it's the right one for my monitor) and all the times i wanna play the game i gotta downgrade it to 1920x1080 before i open the game. If i do not do this, i get the error "Failed in finding proper screen mode for Gr2D". After i open the game on x1080, i can then return the monitor to x1200, without any problem. It looks like something simple to resolve, i don't know... I almost didn't play the game if it wasn't a friend of mine telling me this trick to resolve it.