1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

MapleLegends Skill Bugs

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Navi, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    3:06 AM
    Moderator Post
    Legend:
    S
    = Skill
    T = Tag
    B = Bug
    NN = Navi's Notes

This is an official list of skill bugs that the MapleLegends staff is aware of. If a skill is not listed here, assume that it is working properly and as intended in GMS. If you believe that you are aware of a method to fix one of these bugs, feel free to PM me. If you believe a skill is bugged and it is not on the list, feel free to post below.

S: Speed Infusion (Buccaneer)
    T: Minor
    B: Speed Infusion has been coded to override Booster in MapleLegends, but in GMS you could use it concurrently with Booster.
    NN: In MapleLegends, Speed Infusion has been given a -3 effect from levels 1-10 and -4 effect for levels 11+. Since normal booster has an effect of -2 when maxed, and because in GMS speed infusion stacked it with a -1 effect from levels 1-10 and -2 for levels 11+, our method provides a reasonable workaround to the bug.
    None
    S: Shadow Web (Hermit)
    T: Very Minor
    B: The attack animation of Shadow Web does not appear in 3rd person, however, if the attack hits a mob and lands a web on the monster, the web is visible.

S: Shadow Stars (Night Lord)
    B: There are edge cases in which the attack of the star can differ from the attack of the star that was removed and assigned to Shadow Stars. It would however, be extremely tedious to perform these edge cases.
    S: Meso Explosion (Chief Bandit)
    T: GMS Bug (Can't be fixed)
    B: When exploding more than 5 meso bags at once, the damage animation in 1st person will often stack damage to show 5 lines of damage, while in 3rd person, the animation will be displayed correctly with all animation in their own line.
    NN: 1st Person damage animation is client-side and is a client bug. This cannot be fixed.
    None
    None
    None
    None
    None
    S: Combo Attack (Crusader)
    T: GMS Bug (Can't be fixed)
    B: When gaining a new combo orb, or losing orbs from using a finisher attack, the animation of the Combo Attack skill icon in the top right corner refreshes, so there is a new timer attached to it (with slightly less time). This causes slight inconvenience by making it difficult to tell how much time is left until the skill expires.
    NN: This is a bug in GMS and cannot be fixed.
    S: Charged Blow (White Knight)
    T: Very Minor
    B: In 3rd person, the animation effect with Charged Blow from any Charge Effects (Fire, Ice, Lightning, Holy) are not visible. Animations, however, work properly in 1st person.
    None

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    12:06 AM
    NSFW
    Isn't meso explosion damage supposed to be shown in columns?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  3. OP
    OP
    Navi

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Yes. Afaik, it does show in columns, but the location of the damage animation may move slightly if the mob is moving.

The bug I mentioned refers to an issue where 1st person may see 5 lines of 50k damage, while 3rd person sees 10 lines of 25k damage. It's generally the same damage, but its just displayed differently.

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:06 AM
    Moderator Post
    ~Hero ~

S: Combo/Advanced Combo Attack
    B: The countdown of the skill counts down fine if you have 0 orbs but refresh than breaks completely if you have 1 orb or above. If you used Panic or Coma the countdown works again but much faster because the real server sided counter is still ticking down. Once again, breaks if you have 1 orb again. I think it also acts different (still broken) if you don't have advanced combo yet.

S: Enrage
    T: Very minor
    B: You are allowed to use the skill with 9 orbs rather than 10 as the description says.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Navi

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Hero fixes:
    • Guardian 3rd Person Animation fixed for all cases when it is triggerd
    • Stance 3rd Person Animation fixed
    • Combo/ACA timer skill icon animation issues fixed
    • Achilles fixed so that it reduces 1/1 damage.
    Paladin fixes:
    • Advanced Charge charge cancel calculation fixed
    • Heaven's Hammer formula GMS-like

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  6. OP
    OP
    Navi

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Final skill fixes before Open Beta. Dark Knights fixes:
    • Dragon Blood no longer kills you if you let it run until you have 20 HP or less
    • Changing channels with Hyper Body active and more than the min HP without Hyper Body will now keep your HP at the pre-CC, HB-active HP

I've finished a pretty detailed rundown of all job skills, so please check the spoiler of the job(s) you plan on playing so that you are aware of possible bugs associated with that class. This is also helpful when you make bug reports during Open Beta. For all jobs, the number in parentheses is the number of non-GMS bugs that I have found. All GMS skill bugs have been listed and should have an explanation of why we can't fix it. Any skills with the tag "Very Minor" are most likely either 1st person or 3rd person animation bugs that do not have a notable impact on your gaming experience. Any skills with the tag "Minor" have an impact on gameplay but either have fixes applied or do not affect gameplay too much. Fortunately, everything that is not listed should have a patch applied so all of those skills work as intended as far as my knowledge of those classes goes. There were no bugs that I went through that I considered worthy of a moderate or severe tag.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    2:06 AM
    S = Wrath of the octopi
    T = Minor
    B = Bug

You should be able to summon many groups (at least 2 at lvl 1) of octopi every 10 seconds, yet whenever the 10 seconds pass, the previous octopi you have summoned dissapears and gets replaced by a new one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Where does it say you should be able to summon many groups?

9. FireMushroom

FireMushroom Horny Mushroom

Nov 28, 2016
    I'm fine with the skill either way but since this is a Pirate matter I decided to leave a comment. I don't consider this reporting something as much as providing historical information, if it turns out to be helpful in any way then that is good too.
    It has been like 100 years since I was on my Corsair in PreBB so I might not remember all of the ins and outs about the octopus summoning skills but I should be close.
    For the Outlaw skill, summon Octopus I believe how they had it in GMS was the player could only have one at a time and if you re-summoned before the last one expired then it would replace the first one.

Now for the Corsair skill Wrath of Octopi, the skill itself allowed the player to summon up to a max of 3 Octopi towers. But keep in mind that it takes a little while to call the Octopi and they also have a cool down in between summons. (about 10 seconds)
    So it worked like this:
    Summon first Octo - Duration 35 sec's, 10 sec's until next summon
    (10 sec's later)
    Summon 2nd Octo - Duration 35 sec's, 10 sec's until next summon. 1st Octo duration remaining about 25 secs
    (10 sec's later)
    Summon 3rd Octo - Duration 35 sec's, 10 sec's until next summon, 1st Octo duration remaining about 15 secs, 2nd Octo duration remaining about 25 secs

Assuming that the player was able to continuously call the Octopi's and also the duration's would keep counting down when summoning the next Octo. Even if the Corsair could potentially have multiple Octos at once, it was actually quite tricky to maintain them for very long. This is why the extra 5 seconds from level 11 was such a big deal because otherwise the 3rd Octo was practically not usable. (by the time the summoning was done, the first Octo would already be getting ready to leave) With the 40 sec duration it enabled the player to keep all of the Octo's out if the Corsair wanted to.
    And all of this going on with monsters and things running around! But in the right situation and with enough set up, they could be formidable.

You would only see them in specific builds though, which is why I am fine with it either way.
    My explanation got much longer than I thought it would.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ziv

ziv Red Snail

Mar 31, 2017
    Male
    10:06 AM
    Priest
    right now i have the skill holy symbol lv 1 that say "all members of the party gain 102% EXP" but when i kill a monter of 400 exp i get only 401exp(that is 100.25%) insted of 408exp.

11. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    This is because you're solo. The full effect of HS is only achieved when you are in a party

12. ohviviho

ohviviho Slime

Jan 11, 2018
    Female
    3:06 PM
    ohviviho
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    S: Snipe (Marksman)
    T: Major(?)
    B: When fighting papulatus, pressing snipe when papu dispells causes the skill to go into permanent cooldown (You may not use this skill yet).

13. ohviviho

ohviviho Slime

Jan 11, 2018
    Female
    3:06 PM
    ohviviho
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Update: Happens whenever snipe and dispell is cast at the same time. Happened at Manon and Griffey as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.