1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

mapowner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kirep, Sep 1, 2019.

any thoughts?

1. good

37.5%
  2. bad

25.0%
  3. idc

37.5%
  1. Kirep

Kirep Mano

Mar 19, 2019
    Male
    7:07 PM
    Porosk
    I don't know whether this exists or not, but

I suggest adding a feature to the game where you can check @mapowner of certain maps while not being in that certain map.
    i.e, The ghostship is always such a popular place to train and finding a channel that's open in the ghostship takes time, you have to go through all the channels on every map while trying to not get hit to change channel.
    I suggest adding something like "@mapowner "the map id"" i.e(@mapowner 541010040) which is ghostship 5, and it will tell you the current owner of the map on the channel you are on.

You could also get a bot to do this, and instead of players being able to use this command, allow players to go to the maplelegends library, and there will be a list of channels there, and by clicking the channel of a map on the library it will request the bot to use this command, and it will show the mapowner of the map, on the channel s/he clicked.

Doing this might also allow more players to utilize the maplelegends library, and if you want to, you could add none intrusive ads to the library, it could be a good way to get revenue.

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    12:07 AM
    I don't know if I would actually use it, myself, because of a certain nuance to how mapowner works.

My experience looking for spots at gs2 was that you'd often find people afking in the map. Currently, if you afk in a map, mapowner stays yours until someone else actually kills a monster. If you're manually looking for a spot, you can see if someone is just standing there doing nothing and can kill an individual monster to see if mapowner transfers to you. If you remotely check, it will just tell you that they're mapowner and won't tell you if they're active in the map, or if they've been afk for long enough that a kill would take mapowner.

I don't think adding it would reduce usability at all, which is why I've voted "idc", but I don't see it really adding anything either. If a map is full, I'd want to actually go there to double check, still.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Kirep

Kirep Mano

Mar 19, 2019
    Male
    Porosk
    Yea, I guess that makes sense. However i'm suggesting this currently because of the event. The event has actually brought more activity into grinding maps (people farming for bait), and finding an open map with no players, is pretty hard currently, and probably till event ends. Before the event I could find an open map after a couple of channel switches. However now I can't find any open spots on good grinding maps.

Most likely in the future an event similar to this will happen again, and all these maps will be full again.

4. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    12:07 AM
    I mean... I expect people other than myself would use it. Just throwing in my two cents on the matter.

Honestly, though, the number of people who don't even know that mapowner is a thing that exists is kind of shocking.

5. OP
    OP
    Kirep

Kirep Mano

Mar 19, 2019
    Male
    Porosk
    Yea, its fine, it's always great when people give their opinions for things. It helps create discussion, and gauges interest towards something, it also will help prevent the developer/s time being wasted on things that won't be used or barely be used.

It's also great to fine tune things, and make sure that in the pre-development process, to make sure to include all the things that may or may not be needed in a feature, so the developer/s don't need to go back, and waste time editing something that's already finished.