1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

@mapowner

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by mageofdoom, Jan 23, 2016.

1. mageofdoom

mageofdoom Brown Teddy

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    8:51 PM
    mageofdoom
    Bishop
    Project
    I'm tired of people just holding maps for long periods of time abusing mapowner. Can it be changed so that mapowner is first given to whoever has killed something on the map, and then there is a maybe 1 minute time period where that person has the map. If a monster is killed within that time it resets. If nothing is killed, then mapowner is set to no one and the next person to kill something gets map.

2. Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    1 minute is wayyy to short. But I agree this has to be changed somehow.

3. OP
    OP
    mageofdoom

mageofdoom Brown Teddy

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    mageofdoom
    Bishop
    Project
    why is one minute way too short? if you're just holding map then it is. But if you're actually training then it's fine.

4. Boggyb

Boggyb Master Chronos

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    12:51 AM
    Pauldaniels
    Bishop
    Misfits
    Adding a skellie dungeon would solve the problem.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    9:51 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Because you may have to afk to go to the bathroom, to grab something to eat/drink or just to do something in general. So yes, 1 minute is too short, should be more like 10 or 15 maybe. 5 if you really want to push it.

• Like Like x 4
  6. OP
    OP
    mageofdoom

mageofdoom Brown Teddy

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    mageofdoom
    Bishop
    Project
    Franco it's already 6 for mapowner right now... 10/15 is ridiculous wth

7. Boggyb

Boggyb Master Chronos

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    12:51 AM
    Pauldaniels
    Bishop
    Misfits
    Isn't it 10 at the moment? or did they lower it?

8. Invincible

Invincible Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada/Quebec
    Invincible
    Bishop
    Honor
    Right now its about 10 minute already, whatever the time limit is anyone will still be allowed to hold a map as long as he want, if they lower time limit it will only affect people that need to grab food or that need to go toilet loose their map which would make no sense, im pretty sure most of the people would agree to keep it the way it is right now.

9. OP
    OP
    mageofdoom

mageofdoom Brown Teddy

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    mageofdoom
    Bishop
    Project
    of course but i'm complaining about the ppl who just use skills/ move around not kill anything and hold map still.
    and how their party members just automatically get it

10. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Let me get right on that one minute bigfoot solo. I mean it only takes a minute to solo him right? (lol...)

11. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    6:51 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    1 minute is perfectly fine when you are training. If you have to use the bathroom? Repot? Take out the trash? Maybe it's time to let someone else have a chance instead of hogging the map all to yourself. Just remember: easy come, easy go. If you lost a map due to something small like that, it means you could probably get another channel back in the same way.

This would also give people a greater incentive to party. I mean, generally it's good exp anyway, but if you have to go afk your partner can still kill stuff and hold the map for you.

As for bosses, there really has to be an exception for if you're already* fighting a boss.

The current mapowner system definitely needs improvements.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Boss are immune to other people's attacks unless the person dies or if they're in a party with the person (lol). Bosses can't hurt other players (now this would be trolling). The exceptions to this rule would be PQs, Zakum, and Horntail.

13. nevo

nevo Mixed Golem

Dec 24, 2015
    Male
    2:51 AM
    MeIsMage
    Bishop
    Demure
    1 minute is too short. there's people that takes more then a minute to kill mobs.

14. OP
    OP
    mageofdoom

mageofdoom Brown Teddy

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    mageofdoom
    Bishop
    Project
    please explain what mob takes more than a minute to kill

15. Worry

Worry Dark Stone Golem

Aug 4, 2015
    Female
    Middle of Nowhere
    6:51 PM
    Helga
    Spearman
    Halcyon
    Solo-mobbing at himes takes a good amount of time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    mageofdoom

mageofdoom Brown Teddy

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    mageofdoom
    Bishop
    Project
    I know I'm a priest. It definitely did not take me 1 minute even at lvl 90.

and the only time you'd be worried about that is when you first get in the map. After that it's no problem. and it takes less than 30 seconds to kill even if you're mobbing.

17. nevo

nevo Mixed Golem

Dec 24, 2015
    Male
    2:51 AM
    MeIsMage
    Bishop
    Demure
    at gs2 when you low level....

18. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    7:51 PM
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Try an 80 int dk with horrid accuracy at ws/himes. You even came up with a problem for the idea of a 1 minute mapowner. Your game knowledge and cause and effect sense is clearly flawed. We all had to deal with this so stop complaining. If you're patient and willing enough, you will get a map. Sure i got pissed when people did this, but i respected mapowner each time, and waited to snipe.

• Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    mageofdoom

mageofdoom Brown Teddy

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    mageofdoom
    Bishop
    Project
    sorry but you don't understand the point of this. I expect people to have relative common sense and not steal a map from that dk since he's not afk.

but right now maps are being wasted by people who just hold the map hey i'll hit once, leave for 6 minutes come back hit once. There needs to be better recycling of maps. And yes, this makes it so that you can lose your map easier. But it also makes it so that you can GAIN a map easier. ALSO this makes sure that maps are being used the most, and that people who really need the map and really want to use the map are getting use.

20. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    7:51 PM
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Once again, we are on the topic of common sense. Let's put it this way. All professionals are professionals because they make the fewest mistakes, and because they have common sense in their craft. There aren't many professionals. Common sense is a thing a lot of people lack. There's also assholes that tell you to fuck off when they get mapowner. Reference the Chihaya incident. If you look hard enough, you can usually always find a map because most people can't train at Chihaya status. There's only so many people that can train 16+ hrs straight, and most of them are off legends atm like monstro sunshine and Hernan. The only person i know left that are capable of this grind are invincible and Franco and if we go non bishops, ceylon. There are also other maps that give only slightly less exp but are just as fine, so go look out for them.

• Like Like x 1