1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

@mapowner

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by mageofdoom, Jan 23, 2016.

1. OP
    OP
    mageofdoom

mageofdoom Brown Teddy

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    12:29 AM
    mageofdoom
    Bishop
    Project
    Again, you miss the point. It's not the people who grind for 16 hrs straight. If they do that I commend them. It's the people who do other shit and comeback every 6 minutes to HOLD the map. Please read before you type.

2. BlurryFace

BlurryFace Mixed Golem

Dec 8, 2015
    Female
    Netherlands
    6:29 AM
    Shoo
    Marauder
    GoedVerhaal
    I'm not in ppl2pass mode when I grind so occasionally I engage in conversations for a few minutes. Then again my lvl is not that high so I don't face any problems related to grinding.

Not sure whether it has been mentioned in this thread, but I'd say such a thing (aka shorter time thing) would work best if it were to be implemented in highly popular maps + maps with area bosses. Not exactly sure if there already is a distinction in mapownership depending on maps, or whether it's actually possible :p.

3. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    11:29 PM
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    And you missed my point that not all maps are going to be occupied that long(up to 16 hrs+), youll get one eventually. Whether they hold it or not, youre going to get one. If you dont, i also stated that there are maps almost as good. Part of the reason i made it so high up was that i didnt only train at skeles when they were full. Despite me slowing down for a period due to me stopping training for a bit and prepping horntail, when i did feel motivated to train, i trained anywhere that was availible because some exp is better than no exp. So please, take your own statement and follow it yourself. You didnt even get the mapowner being 10 minutes right. All ideas you suggested you countered by yourself or we have an alternative to. Sure 10 minutes would be a little long and i wouldnt mind reducing it a bit, but some people need to use the rest room or do chores real quick, once they do this, they will be back again for a solid hour or 2, potientally more. Trust me when i say this, but I've tried countless of times to get more skele map, many others like i have as well, and we all failed miserably. I followed the past few days by being salty as i usually am, before I discovered something almost as good. If you stick your neck out there's things to be discovered.

4. Invincible

Invincible Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada/Quebec
    Invincible
    Bishop
    Honor
    Well sometime i poop and it take meh at least 5 minute! :S

• Like Like x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    mageofdoom

mageofdoom Brown Teddy

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    mageofdoom
    Bishop
    Project
    rewyuiorewyuio are you even reading what I'm saying? Have you ever been looking for a gs2 or skele map for half an hour and see the same EXACT person who is sitting on a rope, and only if you cc to their channel will they start killing mobs, then once you cc away stop and sit on the rope again? You aren't reading any of this so there's no point in arguing with you. I'm sure most people agree that 10 minutes is way too long. Why do you need 10 minutes if you're actually wanting to use the map to train. If you have better things to do then come back to it later. Once someone else needs a break you can take the map.

6. Rawfodog

Rawfodog Chronos

Mar 18, 2015
    Norway
    Rawfodog / ItzMjauzzz / Foxy / Foxsky / TheBaker / ReaI
    I/L Wizard
    Project
    decreasing the time would just be unhealthy,
    ppl would grind instead of taking those small breaks to get food and drinks or goto the bathroom

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    mageofdoom

mageofdoom Brown Teddy

Jan 2, 2016
    Male
    mageofdoom
    Bishop
    Project
    1. I doubt that would happen.
    2. do you need 10 minutes to get food?
    3. just eat when you need to eat, come back and you can take the next map once someone else needs a break.
    4. ALL i'm saying is this would be more efficient map use.
    5. YES you would more easily lose a map but it would be THAT much easier to get a map.

8. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    You don't think i haven't dealt with this at all? You think i magically hit 176 without encountering this? Get fucking real. I already agreed that it should be lowered. But you know what you could have done instead of qqing on the forums? You could've searched for alternative maps. People to mother fucking pass. Some exp > no exp. Can't train cause it's not the best exp? Go farm. I remember when i was qqing about gene, and would have it either best exp or no exp, and that lead me no where. Instead, midway through, i decided to farm on my drk to gain hella mesos to fund better int gear. Point of this is, 1 YOU DON'T NEED SKELES, 2 BE EFFICIENT. Once again, I'll point this out that I'm IN FAVOR of reducing time, but not to much in which a person cant take a quick pit stop. If those assholes want to hold a map, let them. I've sniped plenty of maps from them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    10:29 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Ok, if we want to talk about common sense... if a character is so bad that they can't even kill one mob in one minute, that makes me ask what the hell are they doing even trying to train on those maps, since obviously that is horrendously inefficient and they ought to be grinding at places that they can get better exp/hr.

10. Boggyb

Boggyb Master Chronos

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    5:29 AM
    Pauldaniels
    Bishop
    Misfits
    This is the really important stuff. What if someone wants to take a long poop?
    Keep it at 10 minutes and add a skellie dungeon. People have to poop damnit!

• Like Like x 3
  11. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    You'd be surprised. I recommend you try it before any statements detective lionheat.

• Like Like x 1
  12. iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    I think u're just salty that u dont get a map xD
    It always happen to me, wut i do is "click market" chill kappa OnionMusic

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Sorry, I don't train inefficiently and do extreme potburn. I think you should have gone back to MP3.

On that note, I don't think warriors who knowingly put tons of points into int should be demanding the game be designed to suit them.

14. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Ppl2pass :) . either way one minute is way too quick. Not demanding that it suit me or future washing dks either, but as a realistic thing 1 minute is definitely short.

15. Invincible

Invincible Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada/Quebec
    Invincible
    Bishop
    Honor
    IKR, to keep my map if they reduce time, i will have to take break while pooping and run naked around the house just to hit the mobs to not loose it!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Or maybe we could just not let Maple control our lives? Regardless of real life needs and responsibilities, everybody has them. I doubt the people who just hang on a rope and kill a mob every 5 minutes in order to reserve the map for their friends are stuck on the toilet all day.

They are the reason this topic is brought up. Mapowner was supposed to be for protecting yourself from ksers. Not reserving the map for you and your pals indefinitely.

• Like Like x 1
  17. cowgoesmoo

cowgoesmoo Master Chronos

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Massachusetts USA
    Eisa
    Cleric
    Captivate
    Just allow KSing so it can be just like old times, problem solved
    lol

• Like Like x 2
  18. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You know, I'm starting to think this might not be such a bad idea, so long as you aren't allowed to follow someone and harass them...

19. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    It might be an idea to have a form of KS war feature. Where someone 'challenges' the mapowner. Then some race or competition can start, with anyone (possibly, may be decided upon) able to join in. And after a predetermined amount of time, it concludes. Moving mapowner to the winner.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Oh, but Sam~~~!!!

What about the poor level 90 people who want to train at skeles and don't want to be forced off the map by the big evil 4th jobbers???

OnionBaby