1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Meso sink thread

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Fruc, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    5:12 PM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Oke then I don't get it.

2. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    4:12 PM
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    Skill buffs

e.g

You can buy SE buff in form of a potion from NPC for 250k, it will give you SE buff, same as if a BM with maxed SE would be able to give you.

You can buy Haste buff in form of a potion from NPC for 100k, it will give you the same stats as maxed haste and last the same length.

You can buy HS buff in form of a potion from NPC for 300k, it will give you same stats as maxed HS and last the same length.

and so on.

I don't know if people will like this idea since it's not very GMS-like and doesn't really work towards 'teamwork' on the server, but it is a good way to get people to spend their mesos @ NPCs.

3. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    S>SE 240K Kappa

• Like Like x 4
  4. TumTum

TumTum King Slime

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    I really liked the gambling idea though. Just make it so that the chances for winning are smaller than losing.
    This way over the long run money will leave and people can have a lot of fun.
    We could even have a server wide message that xxxx won the jackpot of 100 mil?

Different games could also come into existence like this right?

5. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    This would outright remove BM's from the game, and perhaps a few at the top get the chance to be at bosses since their damage is relatively okay. If NL could buy SE in potion form or get it not via a BM, the BM class disappears.

• Like Like x 10
  6. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I still like my idea best...

7. WhiteBean

WhiteBean Horny Mushroom

Aug 8, 2015
    Singapore
    11:12 PM
    WhiteBean
    Ranger
    Destined
    i just saw him few days ago red , as for his shop i'm not sure as i haven't been merching

8. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    4:12 PM
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    That's where the pricing change comes along, someone isn't going to pay X amount of mesos per buff, if they can buy HS for X amount of mesos and party with a BM with SE, say Anego duo.

Say if the price was 1m, I'd rather save that cash and just party up with a BM for SE.

It doesn't mean BMs become useless. They still deal a lot of damage and people would rather have them in the party than pay for a buff.

SE lasts 5 min, let's take Zak and say the party clears it in about 45 minutes. That's 9m each to spend on SE, or you can just bring along a BM and not pay 9m each for SE. Anyone in their right mind would invite a BM if there is one available.

It will allow BMs to still be useful, providing SE buffs for free and dealing relatively decent damage from Hurricane.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sam_Vosh

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    You are right. But offering the option makes BM less wanted already. Because only 9 mill and you're settled with 45 minutes of SE. Lets add Heartstoppers to it, reduce the Zak time to 30 minutes. Each heartstopper costs 100k. 30*100k = 3 mill + 6*1m = 6 mill. Every NL in their right mind would keep a stack of these SE pots. BM not on time for a boss run? Why not go anyway. BM is 2 ship rides away but everyone else is here? Why not go anyway.

Sure, creating the potions would not completely make BM useless. But the demand for them would diminish even further since there's an alternative. An easier to get alternative. The perfect party composition right now for any boss run is; 1 bishop, 1 Dark Knight, 1 BM, 3 NL. With SE potion, the composition would then reduce to 1 bishop, 1 DK and 4 NL. Bye bye BM. Sure, it's a good 2-birds-with-1-stone solution. But it excludes people.

Ever considered what would happen if there would be a HB potion? Dark Knights would have the same issue.
    1 Bishop, 5 NL. To be honest, I would not want Maplelegends to be reduced to these two jobs.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:12 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Ah, just goes to show you how 'balanced' maplestory is. Why even have one bishop? Make it 6 NLs and they can pot themselves. Zrun should only take 10 minutes!

11. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I do understand what ur saying but I do not agree. Yes I think all skills should be added so also hb and haste and maybe si. But like bwan says this won't eliminate all these classes. Everyone that does damage is able to join since that will only lead to a better kill time. Currently I don't see only perfect party's and therefor these potions would help a lot for those party's. Runs have been cancelled when there is no se and considering the size of the server this is not going to resolve itself that soon. Whether this should be solved... I'm not sure, but as long as zakum party's are not 30 people I'm sure everyone above 120 can join if he/she wants to and the amount of runs will most definitely increase.

12. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    That's if your going for pure efficiency and btw 6 nl and 10 other classes is still faster then 10 nl's. I'm not sure how I feel about the topic but saying that this will exclude other classes from participating in boss runs is not a legit argument in my opinion...

13. Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    11:12 AM
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    It's also a HUGE NL buff. I'm sure the staff doesn't really want any sinks to alter the balance of the game.

14. Sam_Vosh

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    Bishop has many utilities. Besides being able to mass murder spawns, door everyone to the location of the boss, dispel debuffs. They can also ressurect those who die. Sure 6 NL with all the buffs is the best. But even some of those screw up.

I'm a very experienced Zak runner. Having run with multiple guilds under multiple strategies. Sure, having 16 people at a Zrun is preferable then 10. Also; 10 NL out DPM any combination of 10 people + 6 NL. But that aside. Every guild I've run with has sold or is selling Zakum helms. It's quite the business which pays out well. But better the less people are involved. So you want the most efficient party to get the most pay out.

The issue I'm bringing up here, although not specifically until now. Is that the pots could make jobs redudant. Ever since I got to 130+ in Open Beta I've looked into class balance. Specifically BM as it's my favorite class and as I see it, dangling on the edge of obscurity. People make bishops for the fact they have the most utility and the best mobbing. People make NL for those are the best at bossing. It's why these 2 are the most common on the server. Warriors getting close for the fact they're liked. Archer numbers are only half of warrior numbers. Because you can ask every single one archer and they'll answer they play it because they either like the bow or crossbow. Not because it's best DPM, best mobber or best farmer.

The BM 'ultimate' Concentrate is made obselete by Heartstoppers and Onyx Apples. Dragon Breath damages 6 enemies for 100% arrow damage and knocks them back. But it does not work on bosses. Hurricane shoots 8.3333 arrows solid. But you cannot move at all. Phoenix is barely any DPM and unlike the silver hawk, does NOT stun. Hamstring shot slows down mobs and bosses. But that's 30 points for 40% less movement speed on mobs. The only saving grace, the only thing the BM stands out for is Sharp Eyes. Nothing else of this class is unique, superior or outstanding in any way.

Maplestory is the most game balance broken game I've ever seen hit popularity. It's baffling me even today. So to give everyone the option to get SE without BM. Just like how heartstoppers killed concentrate. It will add this class to the other line of useless classes.

15. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Oke I guess we are once again back to my idea? ;p

16. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    11:12 AM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Just charge a rate of 50k mesos per genesis cast Kappa

• Like Like x 3
  17. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Rip

18. Juan

Juan Red Snail

Oct 21, 2015
    Male
    8:12 AM
    JuanPi
    Since the server doesn't allow 2x cards. How about Holy Symbol buff cards? Bishops need to be nerfed anyway...

• Like Like x 2
  19. tyys1337

tyys1337 Master Chronos

Jul 7, 2015
    Male
    tyys1337
    Assassin
    Decent
    Lol RIP Party play

• Like Like x 1
  20. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Nope training with bishops will still be quite sick. I am though quite scared the Skele maps will get even busy er then they already are...