1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

MM/BM or Hero?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Celoril, Nov 1, 2022.

mm/bm or hero

1. Hero

14 vote(s)
    20.3%
  2. MM

33 vote(s)
    47.8%
  3. BM

22 vote(s)
    31.9%
  1. Celoril

Celoril Blue Snail

Feb 17, 2018
    Male
    2:14 PM
    Celoril
    Cleric
    Hey everyone, I played over 4 years ago and have a bishop. With the new HP Washing quests that came out me and a friend decided to start playing again. I just can't decide if I want a bowman for SE in parties, or a Hero because brandish looks op. Will I be able to get into bosses and stuff on a Hero? Or is BM or MM just a better choice. I like all 3 but I do want to make a good choice.
    And if i do choose bowman, i won't need any HP washing because of the new quests, correct?
    p.s my friend is going bucc if that changes anything at all lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    5:14 PM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Since your friend is going to bucc i'll probably go to MM, if you go to hero just do normal washing, challenges are not worth it for warriors

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    4:14 AM
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    As they currently stand, the challenges aren't worth doing on mages, warriors or shads. Everyone else will do fine with HB.

In terms of classes, all three have extremely varied playstyles.

In my unlearned opinion, of the 3, BM probably has the best free dps output, but the worst AoE.

MM does better when facing active bosses that move around, interrupts you a lot, has damage reflect or high damage reduction, which is most critical bosses if I'm being honest, and will continue to have better dps output than BM until the very late stages of the game, ~ level 16x ish iirc.
    Heroes have the best 3 target AoE of the 3 classes, extremely consistent dps and is naturally tanky so it's brainlessly easy to wash to 30k hp even without challenges. They have the lowest dps output for single target of the 3 classes though it has improved after the recent updates to hero. That said you're still gonna basically be spamming one skill the whole time with a few Panics thrown in for single targets.

Levelling wise, BM and mm have decent AoEs through second and third job, though I prefer BM's consistent stun compared to MM's higher burst. That said, you're still gonna face the problem of having mobs in your face and smacking them with a bow no matter where you go (bomb arrow certainly helps make things much easier here).

Hero is hero. No matter what you won't have an issue levelling, accuracy and boredom aside.

End game gear wise, I think swords are a it more expensive than bows, while their scrolls are about the same price.

• Like Like x 2
  4. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    1:14 PM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    If you want cheap and easy near perf weapon, go for MM.

xbows are cheaper than 2h/1h+shield/bow

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    10:14 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I suggest you using some owls

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    4:14 PM
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    I say marksman because the crossbow looks cool,

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Celoril

Celoril Blue Snail

Feb 17, 2018
    Male
    2:14 PM
    Celoril
    Cleric
    Thanks for all the input everyone! I chose MM :D my IGN is Ydoc if anyone wants to be friends add me!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. mjk

mjk Master Chronos

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    MattNL
    Night Lord
    Pasta
    Bucc

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:14 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    It depends your play style, if you
    for hero is easy to wash, and you will get hp faster and more than the new system

If you go to bm/mm you have a spot garanted in most boss cause of SE, and you can do some wash just to get a bit more QoL til system come

For mm patch, snipe do fix damage (190-199k?) and its a good improvement since it boost you damage ignoring gear/stats.

I dont know about archer Farm, but i am pretty sure hero is better to farm and grind outside boss (7f, tot, etc)

10. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    11:14 PM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Kay so I see some misinformation going on here in the thread, just summarizing shit real quick

Bowmasters
    Stronger than Marksmen in the endgame, but until around 180+ Marksmen are a lot stronger (especially around 130-170).
    Extremely desired in any boss due to their Sharp Eyes buff (yes even in Pinkbean).
    Very independent, does not benefit from buffs of other classes.
    Terrible at mobbing, they rely mainly on bossing to level.
    Facing extreme difficulties in Pinkbean due to the fact it has Damage-Reflection, and the more frequent you attack the more 15k hits you take (your main attack is called Hurricane, I think it's self explanatory). When Damage-Reflection cooldown is down they use Strafe instead which affects their damage.
    More expensive than Marksmen

Marksmen
    Strongest class in early 4th job advancement, but slowly scales off as they reach Late-Game/End-Game.
    One of the best classes for Pinkbean.
    Extremely desired in any boss due to their Sharp Eyes buff.
    Very cheap weapon scrolls
    Dependant on Speed Infusion (Buccaneer buff) to deal more damage.
    Terrible at mobbing, they rely mainly on bossing to level.
    Ugly weapon that covers your face and ugly weapon-holding animation.

Hero
    Arguably the best cleaver in the game (I'm not a cleave player so I don't wanna say outright "The best").
    Does not need to use Ciders as they have the Rage buff (unless you fight a boss that dispels you every other second).
    Has a lot of HP (though I'd recommend washing it to 30k cos washing warriors is a joke), and so are the warriors without 30k hp (sry warriors w/o 30k who see this).
    Easy to level
    Dependant on Speed Infusion (Buccaneer buff) to deal more damage.
    Slow mobility

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  11. artrex

artrex Horny Mushroom

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    11:14 PM
    Dark Knight
    what is the new washing quest

12. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Go to Lith Harbor and talk to NPC Rosa, thats pretty much it.