1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mob debuffs wearing off early

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Lionheart, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    4:12 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    When you debuff a mob and are on a map with another person, things start acting weird and those debuffs can wear off early when you attack those mobs. Particularly, I think it happens whenever a mob acquires a new target.

How to get it to work:

Have a page hit a mob, then use threaten. You will see the orange swirly thing around its head.

Now have another player hit the mob to make it change targets. Threaten debuff should be gone.

This also happens when using slow, and I'm pretty sure it will work with seal or any other possible debuff too (like disorder, fire/ice demon debuffs, stun). It might even dispel the mobs own buffs if they use any.

2. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    6:12 PM
    Moderator Post
    Think this should be fixed on the next rev.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You didn't post this but... fix is live now, right? Going to see if I can find someone to help test it. :p

4. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    6:12 PM
    Moderator Post
    Yes. Got sidetracked :p

5. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I don't think this is fixed. I had tested it with another player in showa streets.

Basically, I hit a mob with melee attacks. As a mage I just missed and or did 1 damage, but it pissed the mob off anyway, so it was aggro'd on me. Then I cast slow. Then he shot the mobs. What I can say is that sometimes it was obvious the slow effect was removed from the mobs. Other times it seemed to stay though.

I don't know if this method of aggroing a monster without KB is another possible flaw unaccounted for, but either way, I would still say debuffs are unreliable with others on the map.

6. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I decided to take a video of what I'm talking about.

As you can see, slow is applied, then seal. Both debuffs are clearly taking effect, since the mob now moves slower and has "..." over it. But as soon as I hit it, the effects are gone!

This does make my life a lot more difficult when on the same map as and/or partying other people. I decided to make this video because just a few minutes before when Shinra came to visit me, I had sealed some of those pirates while standing on top of a red ledge and began to snipe them, when suddenly they became unsealed and started shooting back! I nearly died because I was completely not expecting it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    11:12 PM
    iDummie
    Thief
    After viewing your video with the debuffs, this is obviously not working as intended, but the knockback is because the mobs are controlled client sided, and the "control" of the mob is shared between people attacking it and will jump forth and back between clients that are interacting with it.

8. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    @Autoassemble@Autoassemble are you talking about how sometimes you hit a mob with KB damage or more, but it doesn't get knocked back? Like, when it's under "control" of the other player? Though eventually after enough hits you gain control and start knocking it back.

9. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    11:12 PM
    iDummie
    Thief
    Yeah that's what I'm talking about.

10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    12:12 AM
    Moderator Post
    I assume this is still an issue?

Tagging it.

11. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Yeah, it hasn't been fixed, and it is an issue for all statuses that might affect a mob, like poison or frozen status.