1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Monster Book drops at 5 cards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kimmy, Jul 13, 2018.

Should cards stay visible after you've collected 5 of the type?

Poll closed Jul 20, 2018.
  1. Yes - I want alert friends when an important card dropped I don't need anymore

121 vote(s)
    73.8%
  2. No - They are cluttering the drops

43 vote(s)
    26.2%
  1. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    2:10 AM
    People with money wouldn't hunt for them, which counters your proposal. High levels wouldnt explore the various maps but just stick to the op, get mesos and buy their way through tier 10. A lot of the maps arent used because simply not all maps are viable for training, whether it's too big, spawn suck, mobs suck, etc its not reasonable to think that every single map should be used.

2. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:10 AM
    Moderator Post
    I see a lot of people suggesting to make them unpickable if past 5 cards. The issue I have with that personally is that it clutters the drops a lot. I would personally be annoyed OCD wise when I can pick everything up but cards are floating there for 4 minutes unable to be removed everytime I am grinding.

That's my personal opinion on that suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    11:10 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    You make them invisible after looting 5, you cant see them. you are kindve "Wasting your friends time" just waiting and sitting in hopes a card drops. When yourself cant see cards, it can be frustrating.
    Monster book card hunting has been a more social aspect with more friends doing them together.
    Farm cards with your friends, not "with friends but only you can see them". i say keep it how it is.

you arent really carrying them and farming their cards for them. you are doing it together. the "card is full and it will dissapear, isnt really an issue tbh"

if you want to complain about "annoying" try getting this message everytime you CC.

Maple0000.jpg

4. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Stop use an old client and you don't see that

>build date 2017

lol

5. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    3:10 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Off-topic: guild picture, hehe, huehuehuehue, guild photo SeemsGood

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    the card spam doesnt bother me. ive used the new clients everytime after patches.
    it lags my entire computer like the issue a long time ago. with this client you sent me, ive never had a single issue.
    opening clients/closing clients/Changing channels/dual clienting. my Frames drops dramatically.

im just speaking about the topic, not my client situation. i am aware it is because of my client.

7. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    its today :3 welcome back Gon

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Some mobs are most efficiently farmed for cards in maps where there are other mobs. Statistically, there will be times when the secondary mob drops an extra Monster Card that I have already filled. When this happens, I get one of my other characters to Teleport Rock in and pick up the card - because why would I not? If I can't see it, then I would have to either drag another character around with me constantly checking to look for card drops, or I end up wasting time on my next character doing more work than I should have to. Making them un-pick-up-able is a very fair solution because then I can't accidentally pick-up a card my current main doesn't need - which I've done occasionally, and it is rather annoying.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    they dont drop enough for it to ever be that bad
    if its really an issue then maybe do as someone else suggested... add an option to turn their visibility off
    i understand this may be difficult to do, but it seems most of the community agrees theyd like to see the cards, dont like the notification that their set is full, and dont want to accidentally pick them up
    regardless, thanks for trying your best to make the server as enjoyable as possible for everyone

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  10. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    If it’s so necessary to please both parties just add a command that toggles being able to see monster card drops of completed sets. Sounds like a solution that would just satisfy everyone tbh...

11. jshyy

jshyy Timer

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    kshyy
    Outlaw
    @togglecards

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. DarkDino

DarkDino Blue Snail

Jul 8, 2018
    Male
    1:10 AM
    DarkDino
    Bowman
    Drop after 5, but not lootable, I think this is the best way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

7:10 AM
    Someone already suggested this and kim said she wasnt doing both in OP

• Like Like x 1
  14. iara

iara Mushmom

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    1:10 AM
    Iara
    Crossbowman
    Make monster cards not pickable AND invisible after 5.

We have to keep in mind that monster cards drop in party quests too. So if I do 50% damage to a PQ boss, and yet I have all 5 cards of it... That would be kind of rough, because I would just hurt everybody in the party.

Make cards just appear for other people once we get all 5 of them in the book.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    That’s stupid, but ok

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Sometimes adding something like that is easier said than done. Sure I could create a setting logged in the database for every single user logged in and each time a drop happens its checked if it should appear on this person's screen or not, AND if the person has 5 of that card, which could get bugged up if the person happen to insert the command after the drop happened, etc. I think with this short explanation you realize a bit its pretty unrealistic to please a few users for such a complex command. Besides that; more commands, more clutter.

TL;DR: No commands/Toggles

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Lazurek

Lazurek Snail

Jul 13, 2018
    12:10 AM
    This person said it best.

18. Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    invisible means you cant see nor pick it up, only others can

19. Rapskal

Rapskal Chronos

Nov 1, 2017
    Male
    4:10 PM
    Rapskal
    Night Lord
    Lost
    To me the whole business with monster book cards makes the game a bit less nostalgic because it's a drop that I never would've seen back when I played old maple. Having said that, I do appreciate the ring now as it means I won't have to HP wash as much, but if I was a new player seeing the card drops it would turn me off from the server a bit, especially if they kept pointlessly dropping after completing a set.
    I think having them not be seen after collecting 5 would minimise this impact for players like me, which would be nice.

Also, I feel that being able to just have a high level mage farm the whole map to get cards for a friend kind of goes against the purpose of encouraging exploration, as some people end up not going and seeing what it's like fighting each monster.
    If I had to go and do all the work over again if I wanted the cards on a new character it would be difficult but also totally fair in my opinion, that's just how it should be.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

7:10 AM
    yes, monsterbook isnt v62, however it came shortly after and the droprate was not rare whatsoever. So unless you only played MapleStory before Monsterbook was implemented, then cards dropping should not affect "nostalgia". And if you played afterwards, well cards would drop regardless of how many cards you had already collected...

• Agree Agree x 2