1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Monster Cards(Book)

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Clouder, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clouder

Clouder Blue Snail

May 6, 2015
    Male
    9:27 PM
    Clouder
    Marauder
    buttstuff
    It was really fun to encounter a new enemy and collect the information they have through these cards.

[​IMG]
    http://nxcache.Neckson.net/spotlight/100/004t7-2c949e99-3994-47c1-b3eb-97615bcfeb26.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  2. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    6:27 PM
    NSFW
    Totally agree. Idk how doable this is though.

Also I remember in GMS that the cards would still drop even if you had all five of them -- i think that if it's possible they shouldn't show up on the ground if you have all five.

3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    7:27 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    yeah it was.. I also notice we have a monster book button on our keyboard layouts, but it doesn't do anything.

4. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    3:27 AM
  5. Maddy

Maddy Slime

Dec 23, 2014
    11:27 AM
    I remember seeing this somewhere during the OB phase...

Eh, MapleLegends Open Beta Revision Thread

Kinda curious as to how this'll be implemented (as Gi mentioned, it's from 0.67) - though that snapshot shows functionality already. :)

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  6. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    9:27 AM
    Achievements for completing the whole book :3

7. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    6:27 PM
    NSFW
    pink bean go go!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Noam

Noam Master Chronos

Mar 29, 2015
    Male
    Free Market
    4:27 AM
    HappyMapling
    Hunter
    I will be so happy if this will be added,
    Can a GM talk about adding/not adding this and if not then why?
    I think this will improve maplestory gameplay for everyone :D

9. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I would love to see this in the game :)

10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Current states of Monster Book is that everything packet related are there, but the trouble we have now is the book opening, which is 100% client. Seeing there's no 62 .exe available that is fully cracked in sense client coding is readable, an easy way to find a "switch" to open it is not there yet. However, maybe in late future phnx looks into it and we can find a way to open it client sided.

P.S: Monster Books is probably my most favourite thing from "new" maple. I really love collecting things.

I am very positive all the packets required otherwise to make it work are supported by the 0.62 client, similar how 0.56 already had the pirate data, even though it was released at 0.62.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    4:27 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
  12. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Get some of the CCplz guys to figure out what packet opens the book? OnionSmart

13. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Like I said: its not by a packet; pretty sure its 100% by client (like opening guild window, equip window, etc) 0.62 has it disabled (or so we believe) because it was not released yet, so someone need figure out if there's a way to find a flag within the client to enable it or something.

Default 0.62 .wz files has all MonsterBook data including mentions of it in the client (even button in keyconfig that does nothing), and the packets (like collecting, etc), so I am positive by 95% that Monsterbook is possible to be 100% working within a 0.62 client. Also, it wouldn't have been too hard if not for this one last client struggle we got with getting it to open.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  14. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    9:27 PM
    Moderator Post
    Rejected for now only because I don't think it is completely possible. If we ever find a solution, we will give it a shot, but it's something we'll do only when we get to that point.

15. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Still trying my hardest making this a possibility, even though it was released on v0.67. I am receiving some outside help from someone researching the game client. Currently we still ran into some problems, so its not 100% done yet. The current state is that if it happen that we maybe need release a separate client with it enabled, because right now we can only make the Monsterbook window appear by replacing something else (ex: World Map, Quest Window..) which is not the cleanest way. Its a shame, because everything server (I believe) and client sided (for sure) besides opening the book is there, just hard disabled by Neckson because it was not available yet in GMS (while it was in KMS at the time).

Anyway, here's two screenshots with the book opened, on a v0.62 client:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Like you see, besides opening the book all the stuff is there, full functional.

Progress, but don't have your hopes up too high yet. Also, server sided stuff would need to be coded still, and we currently have other priorities up first.

• Like Like x 14
  16. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.