1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Monsterbook Ranking Fun

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Shab, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Shab

Shab Slime

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    10:55 PM
    Malachite, Nezit, llachesis, Nesitisin
    Marauder
    Hey, just wanted to share this in case anyone found else found it funny / of interest. To practice web scraping and data sharing, I decided to analyze some stuff from the Legends rankings webpage. (My image processor ran into issues, but a shoutout to DrJason because he is high on the MB rankings and IS NOT WEARING A HAT TO CONFUSE MY POOR IMAGE PROCESSOR). Data are from roughly November 14th, 2018.

In terms of analytics, what's so funny is how there was only 1 bishop in the 1550+ MB Cards group, despite there being so many in the other two columns. Since MB cards give absolutely no in-game benefits after 1500, this 1550+ group collects out of personal interest (hard core collecting). Assuming that no one / very few people are crazy enough to make 2 or more characters and collect 1550+ cards, the data would seem to suggest that hardcore collectors have strong negative association with bishops (care more about levelling instead? or mules). Haha.

Also also, if anyone has experience with Tableau / Tableau alternatives and has some suggestions of how to otherwise visualize this data, give me a shout! Very new to Tableau and am not thrilled about certain elements being non-adjustable. I have some ideas of how to get my image processor to work despite evil cosmetic hats, but we'll see.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/kithara.koro#!/vizhome/ms-cosmetics-analysis_0/Dashboard1 (Full click-interactive version)
    monsterbook ranking.png

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    7:55 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    My White Knight is Tier 4, my Hermit and I/L Mage are Tier 5, and I just began my Ranger at Tier 1. I am that crazy to eventually have them all 1550+ but I wouldn't hold your breath of me getting there any time soon. =o)

3. OP
    OP
    Shab

Shab Slime

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    10:55 PM
    Malachite, Nezit, llachesis, Nesitisin
    Marauder
    Haha, that's pretty intense. But what really cracks me up is that despite going for it with 4 different characters, still none of them are a bishop-type characterOnionXD
    I think I would only have the energy to get to 1550+ once..

By the way, if anyone else wants to take a crack at image matching maple hairstyles, I can send you a link to my github where I got it to work for people with no hats (so satisfying when I got "Gentle Breeze / Slick Dean matched with 83%"). Any Python editor with line-by-line execution will do. Original idea of this whole thing was to see whether or not crazy collectors tend to have hairstyles / cosmetics from particular years or not (ex. kpoppy or not). FoxBye

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

3:55 AM
    In my personal experience, i did not bother getting cards on my bishop whatsoever because i do not need them.
    I do want to collect them all, i have been going area to area, however i have been doing this on my attacker because the ring is simply more useful on that character.

I truly believe many people who have bishops also have mains in another class. So its very possible they, as i, are collecting the cards on their attackers/mains and using their bishops as hs mules/leech mules/farming mules.

Edit: i currently have 806 mb cards so i have not entered the 1550 threshold yet (time constraints) BUT I PLAY ON IT! Gotta catch em all

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    8:55 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Yeah, this is what we call bishop syndrome. The fastest most efficient way to play and level a character is actually just leeching with a priest or bishop, or sometimes at the very least benefitting from that OP 2-party holy symbol.

The vast majority of bishops are just leechers and mules for the real main characters. And that's why their monster book completions are very low.

Thanks for the data though! Kinda shows who the "real main" characters are. :)

6. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    7:55 PM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Ah I see what you were saying now the other day...!! That's so crazy, I love it MapleF14

Btw, which colors are the arch mages and paladin? The key on the bottom runs out of space

7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    8:55 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    FP arch mages are red, IL arch mages are pink, and the paladins are dark gray.