1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

More Than 2x Bosses Per Reset

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pundit, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    6:13 AM
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies
    I'm not even sure how I feel about this, or if it's been discussed before. But I figured it might be interesting to consider what it would look like if the 2x/reset limit was raised or removed for bosses like Zakum, Krexel, and CWKPQ. Here's my rationale for why this might be a good idea:

At a certain level, it becomes prohibitively difficult to train certain kinds of characters (namely ranged ones) in a traditional way. They get very quickly outstripped at 7F by warriors or anyone with a mage. (It's also super hard to find someone who's willing to grind with you if you're in certain classes. ask my guild they'll tell you.) So, the best way for these classes to level up is with bosses. This is seemingly great because Being Social Is The Best Part Of The Game, and bossing with other players is a great way to meet people (my buddy list blew up once I got to a level where I could boss!)

At level 147, I get 9% exp from a Krexel run. It's like mid-late stage LPQ levels. But, you can do LPQ as many times a day as you like! After you do your two Krexes or Zaks, it's over. I think this makes it hard to put groups together -- I think that if you could run however many times you liked, people would just hang around at Zak and Krex to try to find parties, do a couple of runs, and call it a day. More friends, more levels, we have to rely on leech less. Yay. Right now, I have to cap out at 18% and start over and find a zak group, which is super tedious and takes up a lot of time.

Why might this be a bad idea? Well, it's Not Nostalgic, that's for sure. And it could probably be abused. (I left Pap and Rav off this list because they're kind of too easy and easily solo-able, which would be bad for the Being Social part of this case). It also might lead more elite players to put together smaller, more elite groups that can run and rush over and over, thereby shutting out newer players. It also might make it hard to find a channel.

I didn't include horntail in this group because after two HT runs I am so sleepy I cannot imagine wanting to do that three times, so I don't really have an opinion on it. Not sure unlimited HT is a great idea though.

I'm not convinced by this reasoning myself, so I'm curious if other people have ideas. Basically, I'd like it to be a bit easier to level a ranged player, and I think raising this cap might be a good way. Interested in people's opinions. If this has been proposed already, let me know :)

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Creative Creative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Paladin, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Homies
    I can see issues if Zak didn't have the limit but mainly for anyone selling helms, skillbooks, or gen20s. CWK may also be an issue of just crashing certain scroll or equip prices that drop from the bonus room. However for bosses like Krex, Jiao, and Rav where there are no drops worth much of anything, I think it would be a good idea to get rid of (or increase) the daily limit

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  3. IHealForYou

IHealForYou King Slime

Jan 16, 2021
    Male
    12:13 PM
    LegendKnight, IHealForYou
    Dark Knight
    Losers
    Maby there just need to be more high level mobs to train on (With a party!)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Aligatour

Aligatour Slime

Apr 15, 2020
    Aligatour
    The reality is that people who raise attackers aren't given any choices to level up other than buying leech/bossing (HT/CWKPQ/ZAK) and/or 7F which leads to more competition. I do agree that more grinding spots are needed which won't be enticing leechers but become more favorable towards attackers. While Maplelegends promotes community based activities such as party quests after level 155 the direction of community turns into how lucky can you be to get invited into daily HT to make $ and/or get experience. Currently the way I see it is that there are no middle grounds between FMers/leechers/boss runners and the people are heavily competing for the each slice of the pie.

There should be more grinding spots but they must be far away from the generally popular area to give people more choices based on their level of commitment. For example, HT Cave runners generally stay within the area and have to rely on others for buffs/pots (even tho sometimes they use mules) and sort of developed their own communities which distinguishes them from casual HT runners. We have to consider that sometimes the arbitrary restrictions on contents lead to community bonding as people coordinate with each other to overcome such restrictions.

• Like Like x 2
  5. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Being able to find group for boss is hardly a matter of luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Homies
    I would love some more places to grind, but no matter what it’ll be hard to balance these areas so that it doesn’t just become a leeching hot spot and isn’t completely OP while also being viable for ranged players. 7F and Shaolin in general, the current best end game grinding spot, is a great spot to train...unless you are a NL. I’m not too familiar with archers grinding at 7F but I’d assume that out of the two it would be most viable for MMs while BMs would struggle more. It’s pretty much assumed most ranged players will level up through leeching and bossing. ML seems to be trying to move away from leeching, so may as well make inconsequential bosses like Krex, Jiao, and Rav more viable to grind.

I’d say we should keep HT out of this thread. The OP also mentioned he doesn’t think the HT daily limit should increase either, and it would just be a mess if it was. Should focus on the bosses that are only/mainly done for XP instead

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    3:13 AM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I honestly think if zak limit was increased, you'd start seeing zak arms leech. But other than that, I feel like constant runs of zak arms / JC would be an incredibly fast and fun way to level for ranged.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Would love to have unlimited JC...

9. isamelon

isamelon Mushmom

Jan 15, 2019
    Female
    Isamelon
    Corsair
    DerpFam
    Unlimited JC seems too powerful.... I wouldn't mind if it was like 2(or1) runs every x hrs though (similar to how area bosses respawn)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    6:13 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Is unlimited JC more EPM than raw grinding 7F? If it is, might definitely be too powerful.

11. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:13 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    For things that have some sort of consumable input, it could act as a limiting factor. I'm looking at Toad with the Kachuu fragments, Rav with the sunbursts, and papulatus with the cracks.

However, for bosses like JC, which have absolutely no input required, it just becomes way too free.

Also, big question of "is more than 2x" destructive of people's nostalgia (that's a question for you guys) :p

12. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    6:13 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I'm betting at least 95% of the people here didn't get past level 70 in the "nostalgic" maple of a decade past and would not have the chance to experience these bosses anyway. So no.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Aligatour

Aligatour Slime

Apr 15, 2020
    Aligatour
    If people wanted nostalgia they wouldn't want the 2x exp and would call to remove vote cash to replace with real $$$ lol.

But I think Rav and Pap are good choices (don't know about toad since I've not done it) as they are the entry level of bosses.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Homies
    I'd somewhat agree that JC may just be too good to be runnable an unlimited number of times, but I'd say the number of times we can do it per reset should still increase. Also had forgotten about Toad, that would be another one possible (although its drops are much more valuable, so maybe just an increase per reset as well?)

In terms of nostalgia, I wouldn't say it changes much. The big nostalgia in terms of boss resets for people would probably be running Zak twice a day which I think we all agree should stay twice a day. Plus I agree with xadra that a lot of people probably never got up to that level to make it nostalgia for them anyways :D