1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

MPQ Level Cap Increase

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Iodine, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Iodine

Iodine Red Snail

Jun 24, 2020
    Male
    9:25 AM
    Bowman
    Hi ML community!

First off, I want to take a second to appreciate everything the ML staff has done for this server! You guys have spent blood and tears working to provide this opportunity for Maple players to enjoy this game. I really love the recent changes to PQ items that you guys implemented. I've been thinking of ways to increase the PQ community's livelihood and gather folks up especially as an alternative to leech (one that's more sociable).

Currently, MPQ's level requirement is for level 71-85 and I was thinking about the idea that the level requirement be altered to include 71-90 or 71-100. I don't know if it's feasible, but I feel like it would be a good plan to get more players interested in doing MPQ as a way to level up and meet new players. I read somewhere on a recent post about the idea that 3rd job is non-existent on this server and that people often leech their way through these levels.

How do you guys feel about this change? PPQ has a very wide level cap range, so why can't MPQ have the same? I'm really excited to hear what you guys hear about this!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. SmellyCat

SmellyCat Orange Mushroom

Jun 9, 2021
    9:25 AM
    Bowmaster
    While much like you I do wish the game would embrace a more social aspect via party questing, I do not feel like this change would reverse the trend of leeching pass 3rd job. As leeching is still much faster. Increasing the tier of equips did peak some interest when the staff worked on it. However maybe a tweak in the exp or heck make certain scrolls available at certain party quest like 30%. Just spitballing but yeah, the game in its current state only really embraces socializing in the fm or if you’re end game raiding. A good guild is always a mean to alleviate the lack of communication.

3. lemonpasta

lemonpasta Horny Mushroom

May 21, 2020
    Female
    9:25 PM
    lemonravioli
    F/P Arch Mage, Bishop, Corsair
    Love this idea of extending the PQ level requirement! All for changes to improve the PQ community's livelihood.

Information - Anniversary Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained] | MapleLegends Forums - Old School MapleStory

I think despite the buff, many people are not drawn to MPQ because of these reasons:

(1) The pendant alternative
    It's easier to get our hands on the Silver Deputy Star (Min Level requirement: 50, +5 all stats) than the Eye of Horus (Min Level requirement: 70, +4 base stats, 3 x upgrade with the rock of wisdom = +3 all stats).

And at level 110, it's easy to switch out the Silver Deputy Star for a MoN, +3-6 All stats, 9-11 Magic Attack, 2-5 WA. As such, most people are willing to wait it out for an improved pendant at level 110.

(2) The difficulty in gathering mages
    I think many mages are trapped in the GS maps, casting heal/AOE or rapidly levelling at FoT. That's why we don't find them at OPQ and MPQ.

(3) Other possible reasons
    - Magatia is far from alternative training maps.
    - A PQ round takes approx 20-40 minutes (I blame the jump stage for it)
    - It's hard to obtain the bonus EXP (maybe it's hard to keep Romeo and Juliet alive long enough for the attackers to bring down the Angry Franken Roid)

I think there must be a greater motivation to join MPQ even with the extension of PQ level requirement.

For PPQ, it originally took 25 x 4 rounds of PPQ to get a Lord Pirate's Hat (IV) which is an alternative to the Zak Helmet. I think to cater to the 100 rounds of PPQ, a wider level cap range was needed.

** Attackers - Int Lords aren't expected at MPQ

4. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    6:25 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Also just double the exp from it. Even then I don't think it'd be very strong, maybe competitive for ranged training but still a massive loss for mages and their crazy 3rd job speed. One could quadruple the exp and it still wouldn't beat out leech though.

5. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    9:25 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    For me, the biggest reason to avoid this PQ is due to unknown nearby training areas that can compete against my EPM in mannies. There may be areas, but without them being meta, I have no idea if they exist or not.
    I think this is a very valid concern. SDS is technically free if one is willing to grind out the quest.

While I do understand, I don't think I can fully agree with this. From a funded second character's standpoint, 15M for a chance to get 1 additional stat to wash seems to be overkill - better wait for lvl 120 to get HT pendant. Very likely at this level, I don't think most people are concerned with total WA yet. From a first-char standpoint, 15M is a big investment, and unless one is smart with merching or has been lucky with gachas, I don't think they would consider MoN at this point, and will likely wait for lvl 150 to get a free pendant or similar.

This is ofc my opinion, and the actual reality of MoN market may be different.

I do feel its better for Eye of Horus to be a MoN alternative instead of a SDS alternative. Perhaps buffing it with a locked 2wa and 9 magic attack (lowest roll MoN) may attract alittle more people to come over, but this alone won't be enough. Ariant/Magatia has to establish itself as a 3rd job training spot that competes with Taiwan first (much like Ludi & Ellin is a great spot for 30-50), for this to happen.

• Like Like x 2