1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

High MTK / BalanceFury turn into steely when sorting USES inventory

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by btbb, Apr 2, 2021.

1. btbb

btbb Red Snail

Jan 2, 2021
    1:20 PM
    Description of the bug: When having a full inventory and many sets of Steely, clicking "GATHER ITEM" aka sort Inventory on USES will cause MTK and Balanced Fury to change into Steely.
    What is supposed to happen?: USES should just get sorted as per normal.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?:This happened twice, when exiting from Horntail main map (Entrance to Horntail's Cave), and the map before it (Cave Entrance), and clicking 'GATHER ITEM' button on USES.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    *PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LOG IN TO MY ACCOUNT TO TEST THE BUG* (might be a problem with my character only because it does not happen with my other character)

-The bugged character BenPico is a lv90 White Knight (non-thief class). Must be standing inside [Entrance to Horntail's Cave] map.
    -USES slots expanded to full.
    -has a bunch of elixirs, ACPs, cheese, other potions, and about 16 to 20 sets of empty (0) Steely, all of them empty, and 1 set of MTK.
    -all potions, steely, MTK should all be jumbled up randomly in the inventory.
    -The MTK was thrown on the floor by another character and picked up by the "bugged character".
    -Bugged character immediately exits to [Cave Entrance] map. Open inventory, maybe click TAB a few times, and reach USES and spammed click 'GATHER ITEM' multiple times.
    -Happened to me twice doing the same routine, all stars (MTK and Balanced Fury) disappear but because my inventory is full, it looked as though they changed into Steely.
    Extra information:
    The first occurrence happened 26/02/2021, servertime between 0115 ~ 0200. I filed a thread thinking it was the problem with the Myo Myo, but today I realized the MTK/BFs disappeared from my inventory (and turned into steely perhaps) even before launching Myo Myo.
    LINK: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/missing-stars-for-no-reason.38304/

The second occurrence happened between within the few minutes of 02 April 2021 2:17PM servertime. Please get engineers to check my inventory log that a few minutes ago I had 2 MTK and 1 Balance Fury, and no one else was in the map, and after clicking 'GATHER ITEM', pooof.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    7:20 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello,
    I don't have experienced this issue before, which means that I can't give an explanation on it yet as I will need to test it asap.

I will not need to use your account for this, so feel free to continue playing normally; once we have figured where/what exactly is the issue, we will also sort out your Throwing Stars both for this and for the February occurrence.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, and thanks for providing the step-by-step that seems to have caused it for you!

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    btbb

btbb Red Snail

Jan 2, 2021
    Thank you! Hopefully you can figure out the root cause...

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    btbb

btbb Red Snail

Jan 2, 2021
    Hi! Any update on this bug?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    Hello, not yet, as I've tried following the step by step procedure but I couldn't replicate; this probably means that there's some more data that I'll need to gather from your logs, but I haven't had the time for it yet.
    I will get back to you as soon as I have news.

Thanks for the patience!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    To give PastaPasta an idea:
    Maybe it’s caused by stacking issues. Did you end up with one more steely set than you originally had (did mtk really turn into steely, or did it just disappear)? If the mtk disappeared, the following might have been the cause:
    Remember when ciders could stack to 5? When they changed it to 3, old stacks still had 5. When you click sortInventory, maple basically takes your items away and places them back. This changes the stacks of 5 to stacks of 3. Meaning if you had 15 ciders, they’d take up 5 slots instead of 3. Now if your inventory was full before, it’s now over-full and thus overflows. This makes some stuff disappear. This happened to one of my cave-potion-mules where a bunch of something went poof (I don’t remember what. Probably some ciders or honsters or something. It didn’t feel important enough to report).

So try the following (as a dev):
    Fill your inv with 5-cider stacks and a few MtKs. Click sortInventory and see if the MtKs disappear. Don’t try this as a player as it might be a costly test ;)

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    btbb

btbb Red Snail

Jan 2, 2021
    hi Devs! Any help / update on this?

8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I've asked this before and Davi even mentions this

There's no reply, so there's no news. Stop bumping threads like this.

9. OP
    OP
    btbb

btbb Red Snail

Jan 2, 2021
    Any luck cracking this high severity bug?

10. OP
    OP
    btbb

btbb Red Snail

Jan 2, 2021
    hello, is this bug still not rectifiable?

11. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Basically your reply, until there is a reply.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    And there's still no news.

13. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    2:20 AM
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    Are you guys sure this isn't a visual bug?
    I remember that many times when I used the sorting inventory filter on my cash shop tab it used to turn my two pets into the same one (e.g cat and dog pet became dog and dog pet), but if I change one of their inventory slots manually it just fixed itself

14. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Idk if it's still relevant, but was a solution ever found? Just curious