1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiclienting/Multi login

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Invictus, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Shaved

Shaved Mixed Golem

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    10:55 AM
    Ceylon/Shaved
    Night Lord
    Fairy Tail
    +1 to mike good idea ~ #sandboxieftw <3

2. Worry

Worry Dark Stone Golem

Aug 4, 2015
    Female
    Middle of Nowhere
    2:55 AM
    Helga
    Spearman
    Halcyon
    Holy necro-post batman. I'm surprised this is still a topic.

Opinion is still the same, 2 months later.

Multi-clienting shouldn't be allowed on the same computer.

3. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    9:55 AM
    iDummie
    Thief
    They even said that as there is no reliable way to enforce a rule that would prevent this, they just decided to not have that rule.(but they will also not support it by disabling the multi client check.) ./thread

4. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:55 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Your new post made me read your old post to check for arguments and I gotta say I disagree.
    How many new members have you seen quit or complain about the online member count being higher thatn it should be because of people auto leeching? None. Those are, to be honest, dumb things to look at. The people that join might notice that the actual people online (not characters) is way less, but they don't get bothered by it because those people online make a close and friendly community. Personally I'd rather have a server with 100 people and many I know than one with 1000 and barely know anyone.
    Secondly, this doesn't force anyone to make a bishop. It still is a choice. You can still make money as an attacker, I can guarantee you that. Sure, it won't be as much, but you still can fund yourself with your attacker. People make bishops because they are the easier way, not because they are forced to :)
    Lastly, since when is leeching yourself not playing the game? They are not botting, they are hitting keys on their keyboards so that their character moves, so they are indeed playing the game. Now if you mean the character being leeched isn't playing the game, that isn't true either. The reason they leech themselves is so that they are stronger for boss runs or whatever the fuck they want to do with their attacker. It's just saving up time in which you can grind both characters. When you leech yourself, you are playing your bishop. When you boss, you are playing your attacker. I don't see where you stop playing the game.

I also want to add that I never leeched myself in this server because I don't even have a 4th job mage. The reason I support multi-clienting to be allowed is because if you prohibit it, the only way to play the game is with 2 different computers (in terms of hardware). This leads to unnecessary electric energy consumption and if there is something this world doesn't need is waste of resources :)
    It also means having to pay higher electricity bills Kappa

• Like Like x 4
  5. Worry

Worry Dark Stone Golem

Aug 4, 2015
    Female
    Middle of Nowhere
    Helga
    Spearman
    Halcyon
    Well, I'll explain how your argument is flawed.

Multi-clienting isn't promoted as it would be with this suggestion. Therefore, my statistic is still relatively reliable as an example, 1/10 people multi-client, and 1/1000 are RedwineRedwine. So no one should quit for that reason, because multi-clienting isn't a promoted strategy.

You've been around the server for a long time, that's established. Funding yourself without the requirement of a bishop was much easier prior to the gachapon changes. It was vastly easier to make 100m+ in just a few weeks of voting because Gachapon was much more reliable a source of guaranteed income. Now take into consideration the context of my post. This is an explanation of what would occur 'if' multi-clienting was a promoted strategy. Not a look at the current market. If multi-clienting were more common, there would be a huge influx of mesos into the community, skyrocketing prices, and making funding a character much more difficult, for any class, other than bishop. Relying on Gachapon is no longer a trusted source of income since the changes, which frankly made it pretty awful when compared to prior-gach versions.

I'll quote you ". . . People make bishops because they are the easier way, not because they are forced to ." In a world where multi-clienting is promoted, you would be at a gigantic disadvantage not to make a bishop. Look at the current economy, who are the richest people? People from Beta/ Pre-Gach nerf, and bishops. Old gach is gone and dead, so what is the best route to gaining funds in a explosively expanding inflated market. Why making a bishop of course. Whats the easiest class to make, bishop, what is the cheapest class to play, bishop, what class has the most beneficial buffs (I.E. Holy Symbol), I think you get the point.. When everyone is playing by themselves, in a party with themselves, occupying a map, by themselves, you're not playing MapleStory, you're playing solo-story.

"The reason I support multi-clienting to be allowed is because if you prohibit it, the only way to play the game is with 2 different computers (in terms of hardware)."
    Owning two computers is not the only way to play MapleLegends, I can assure you of that. Owning two or more computers is the only way to multi-client MapleLegends, and for all intents and purposes, it should be. We should not be promoting to new players 'Have 2 computers or go play Maple Royals, as soon as they hop into the game.'. Multi-clienting should never be more than a luxury, it should never become the standard.

My apartment has 6 computers running 24/7. Electricity is not the expensive. Kappa

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:55 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I didn't make any of my mesos from gachapon, too busy washing as many of the people in the server from beta pre-gach revamp.
    I repeat even if multiclienting is allowed it is not mandatory for people to make bishops. They chose it because it's easy, with multi-clienting or not, most players will still make bishop their first character to fund themselves.
    My bad for saying "only way to play the game". For what I was saying, it was clear I meant multi-client, but I guess you didn't catch that.
    Why the fuck would you have 6 computers running 24/7? Do you want to see the world burn? ^^
    Pardon my rudeness, but the "6 computers" thing just ticked me off

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  7. Fragilistic

Fragilistic Red Snail

Oct 2, 2015
    Australia
    4:55 PM
    Yours / Mine / Bullet
    Priest
    Legends
    The way I see it (this is not really a reply any anyone in particular btw), most people who are against multi-clienting are just salty that people would use it to gain some kind of advantage over themselves.

At this point it's so incredibly easy to multi-client it would be dumb to never utilize it out of some misplaced sense of "legitness" or whatever you want to call it. If it benefits you, you do it. Simple as that. If you are not going to use your available resources to get ahead in this world, that's fine, just don't complain about the people who do.

8. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    iDummie
    Thief
    There is literally no way no stop multi-clienting using virtual machine (vm ware) even the live versions of maplestory can't fully block it (requires editing of the vmx files to run though). THEREFORE, the staff of maple legends made a judgement call to not ban it as it would give people who could and would still do it an unfair advantage (this includes running from a 2nd pc or laptop). The only way to track it would be to use IP in which case people could just say it was a family member or someone else living in the house and it would require a large amount of the staff's time to investigate each case of this happening.

I would also like to respond to:
    This is simply not true. Anyone can install and run a virtual client if they look into how to do it, the ONLY case that would prevent someone from doing this would be if they are using a pc from the dark ages which cannot handle the stress of a virtual client, but as my £300 laptop from 3 years ago can do it, I would call bs on this even being a 1/100 thing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fragilistic

Fragilistic Red Snail

Oct 2, 2015
    Australia
    4:55 PM
    Yours / Mine / Bullet
    Priest
    Legends
    Just because anyone can do it doesn't mean most people will actually do it. From what I've seen in the server multiclienting is not actually as common as you seem to think.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Worry

Worry Dark Stone Golem

Aug 4, 2015
    Female
    Middle of Nowhere
    Helga
    Spearman
    Halcyon
    The wonderful world of 3 working adults living in the same house. Shocking I know.

11. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    iDummie
    Thief
    I was merely talking about the availability of multi-clienting, not the amount of people who do it on this server specifically. And as previously mentioned it is allowed because of reasons that was also mentioned previously.