1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Musings on the State of Shadowers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gurk, Dec 2, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    2:32 AM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    If halving proc rate isn't enough to do away with the supposed lag, we could go even further, i.e. reduce proc rate from 60% to as low as something like 10%, though as Dan mentioned below if PP generated meso bags then only the shad would be able to loot them. Hopefully an exception could be coded somehow for PP mesos.

Considering skar has gotten as high as 4.5m in PB, that doesn't seem likely :p
    As for my shad's "single target" dpm, it still featured some minor cleaving in that I made use of nate-bstep. That being said, sairs can get over 9m in HT so even with taking my shad's DPM at face value it would still be a long way off, not that I think shad numbers should be close to sair numbers. A hero or DK in that same situation would have also done just about the same in single-target if not more, with the upside of being able to occasionally double or even triple that figure with cleaving.

Yeah, pinning nameless as a shad is a bit scuffed with how slow it is. From what I remember, as long as I was doing 50k+ consecutively and having those numbers appear early on (i.e. within the first two lines) it was fine. However, as soon as I had a nate that had no 50k+ lines or ones where the 50k+ lines were appearing last, nameless would just run off into the sunset and into all the mules. My hope was that if bstep was also doing 50k+ lines, that it would help support the pin as it would come out faster.

That being said, a QoL change and potential buff I've proposed before was removing the need to first use DS for nate, which would make playing shad more friendly for those with high ping. It would of course also make nate faster, which would probably have to take on at least a bit of the delay from DS so as to not be too strong, but ideally still faster.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    From what I can tell, I believe it is not the generation of mesos from PP that causes the lag but rather both the pile up (if left alone for a long time; some players have reported lagging as a result of all the meso bags lying around due to sweeper changes) and the continual looting of the mesos, i.e. the continual stream of messages on the side letting you know how much mesos you've picked up and/or the mesos actually entering your inventory. I have heard from friends that having two shads use PP in HT would cause their manual potting to be delayed.

3. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The problem with pickpocket mesos being looted is that for folks manual potting, you get loads of ghost inputs that don't go through. If there are lines of mesos being spammed in the corner of your screen, you're simply unable to pot for a short while. It might be related to failing to go through portals while potting or being able to climb past teleport ropes by spamming potions. In HT it has potential to kill DKs if Wings are still up, so it's an added risk for anyone who relies on anything other than pet pot.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:32 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    redux on time needed to assassinate damage to 0 or close to 0 will be a hugue dps improve

• Like Like x 1
  5. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    6:32 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    I really liked the 2nd and third idea, i dont even play shadower, but looks like good changes, they can made pickpocket unlootable too, remove ass charge damage and make ME hit bosses with cancel, looks good for me

• Great Work Great Work x 1