1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

My next skill changes wish list.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KurayamiLove, Apr 9, 2020.

1. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    9:09 AM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    I would say this is a really big buff to bishops. SI as it currently works is also nerfed for AMs, since spell booster is +3, so they should be getting +5 with SI. Making SI stackable just gives more control to the party members, so I think it wouldn't actually be a nerf for non-mage attackers.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    6:09 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I thought mage booster was also +2 but I never looked into that much. The SI thin more than a "buff" is a fix and I would'nt mind if it was fixed.

3. bluelight

bluelight Dark Stone Golem

Nov 25, 2018
    Male
    11:09 PM
    Linkkin
    Page
    avengers
    I think the holly charge should be buffed to 180̀̀% because it is the skill of job 4 much be better than job 3

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    That is up to debate. I did had the same idea but wasn't sure if this would be way too good, altho it would be very neat if that was the case, making Holy Charge your main charge. 160% would make Holy the best secondary charge when fire is not good and would overtake on certain bosses that are both weak to lighting and holy, so making the charge usable.

5. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    12:09 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I personally don't see a huge issue with making it slightly stronger or at least equal to fire charge in power. Can't think of places that it makes pallies much stronger than they currently already are, and you'd have to invest another 30 SP into it when pallies already have a bunch of skills they want to max early. So the earliest you'd be seeing holy charge come into play would be like level 160?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    10:09 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    DKs could just get SI in bosses but tbh what we really need is an increase for the stance percent.
    It literally doesn't feel like 90% and its not just me

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I think that most classes are in a really good spot at the moment except marksman. Marksman not only does the LEAST single target dps (of all the ranged classes), but also has no tools to consistently attack in end game boss runs.

Mages have high vertical range, warriors have stance, bowmasters have momentum cancels, nightlords / shadowers have insane avoid, and corsairs have bullseye. Buccs are also not in the best spot, but they have access to occasional stance and i-frames.

In horntail, marksman have the lowest DPS out of every single class, even archmages / bishops do more damage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    2:09 AM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    Buff Paralyze because what's the point of having such a sick looking skill when you can't do shit with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    DK with full buffs is pretty strong, altho me like pretty much the DKs you feel like you put out so much work and pot usage to still do less. And if you can't zerk you are pretty much a mule (also we need mandatory HP wash, ignore the you don't need to wash maple tip). When making numbers I forgot to add SE so I overtuned crusher. For DK we could leave it as it is. Perhaps make HB last 200 secs tho? o.o

Bucc has an easy fix: charge 120 mins and either make double charge rate on bosses or make charge gains depends as well on hits isntead of the amount of mobs hit (for example barrage giving x6 cahrge isntead of x1). Making charge reliable will make the nob not only more reliable stancewise, that will make the job tosn more fun imo, making managinc charge a lot more fun so I really really want this change toi happen.

Holy charge is a must imo at this point o.o the 180% dmg is neat for me.

MM buffs for DPS. Im never studdied this subject altho I could do some numbers. Not sure if buffing even more strafe would be the best option or giving them more speed on attacks, or inreasing the multiplier. Let me do some numbers hehe.
    I only wanted to give MM a bit more mobing power to make them do somethign differnt to BM, and the blind buff so they could offer mroe on bosses.

10. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    1:09 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Snipe hitting through weapon cancel should be more than enough

11. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I also want it to do 199,999 damage, fixed damange cos it can do a bit less. Doing numbers now tho

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    With the same equips (using op stuff for fun)
    Bowman range:
    7295 - 8943
    Xbow range:
    7841 - 9617

Bowman average dpm:
    Average damage on the range: 8119
    325 critical hits of 440% dmg - Total 11,610,170
    175 regualr hits of 100% dmg -Total 1,420,825
    Total: 13,030,995

MM average dpm:
    Average damage on the range: 8729
    216 critical strafe hits 450% -Total 8,484,588
    116 non critical strafe hits 110% -Total 1,113,820
    12 snipes with an average damage of 198499- Total 2,381,988
    Total: 11,980,396

This should be on an ideal conditions with no defense values. Lets hope I didnt messed anything up on the numbers.

Some details: This is SI MM vs regualr Bm that doesnt need SI to do this danage. Critical hits on average should be a 65% of the hits you can do so thsi is how I did it o.o. For the range I used perf weapons 1100 dex 115 str on both, 10w att mon, max expert, 2 att shoes, 10 att cape 12 att gloves.Perhaps on high defense mobs like HT heads the dps of bowman may be mroe affected than MM's.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. boost3rr

boost3rr Slime

Dec 2, 2019
    zzz
    Thief
    nice suggestions:) holy charge buff? yess.
    some ppl from a zak run thought itd be a good idea if paladins could hit through weapon cancel.. if their elemental charge damage could slip through somehow? ya.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I will never understand why so many paladins ask for all these buffs. They're already a meta class with top-tier damage and next to no drawbacks. It's like if Night Lords were asking for Triple Throw to be buffed. Paladins are far from the bottom where Buccs/Marksmen are, who actually deserve some good buffs. They're also well above Corsairs/DKs, who probably just need some small tweaks to fit in better in certain situations.

If anything Paladin elemental advantages need a slight nerf. SeemsGood

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Hurricane crit damage should be 340% not 440%, SE boosted crits are +240%, so your dpm calculations are inflated.

16. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Without doing numbers perhaps tuning up a bit strafe from 630ms at cap speed
    isnt it 100% base +200% crit +140% se?

17. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Bucc as far as I experimented are super good, just need the Charge changes to make them balanced on HT. For the rest Bucc has given me pretty good results as a 1vs1 job with casual cleave. I'm crossing my fingers so they implement the charge changes soon haha.

Paladin my idea was just to make the last charge usable thats it o.o since atm is a needelsly useless skill.

I may fucked up teh dmg calculations b4 haha but well thats how you learn right? Besides I'm not sure how to make MM a bit better beside giving em some better mobbing and perhaps a blind that makes them a bit more supportive. 1vs1 dps I'm not sure what htey need sepcifically, more speed or more dmg strafe. The ignore weapon cancel snipe sounds good but thats more of a situational thing (unless you are at Pianus or Scar, these guys are 90% of the time canceled) so I would like to hear mroe ideas.

18. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Nope its definetly 340% crit lines(100% base + 100% crit + 140% SE), my BM has more range than the one in your calculations and I only get around 11m dpm on dummy.

19. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Interesing how crit works, should be the same for the other crit jobs? strafe 110+100+140 and nl 150+100+140?

20. boost3rr

boost3rr Slime

Dec 2, 2019
    zzz
    Thief
    itd be nice if holy charge was useful. didnt know pallies were top tier compared to the rest of the classes so maybe their elemental advantages are too strong atm. stilll. i feel like ele damage hitting through weapon cancels seems thematically correct. (10min scarga fights lets go)

• Disagree Disagree x 3