1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice on which class to play!

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Daica, Aug 31, 2020.

Who does more damage?

1. Shadower

2. Hero

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Daica

Daica Snail

Jan 20, 2019
    Male
    9:00 AM
    Daica
    Camper
    I can't decide between Shadower and Hero which I want to play because they require small amounts of washing but I'm not sure which performs better in bossing in general. Shadowers can provide utility such as Smokescreen and Haste but can they compete with Hero in damage?

2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    8:00 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    either is fine, just not paladin

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 7
  3. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    10:00 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    each has unique and charming pros and cons. you may enjoy whatever class you choose.

but in general, hero does more dmg than shad, for most of bossing.

4. rambo

rambo Pink Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    9:00 PM
    21blvck
    If you’re going for damage wise, hero trumps shad all day. Hero does one of the highest (if not the highest) damage in the cleave section, whereas Shads is one of the weaker classes cleaving. But shads do have other skills up our sleeves to counter the lack of dpm skills such as Smokescreen (provides you & your pt invisibility for 1 min issh), Shifter (which we have 40% avoidabilty to all attacks), Meso G (shaves half of the dmg we receive) and BStep (where we can hit 4 targets with this skill)

5. rambo

rambo Pink Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    9:00 PM
    21blvck
    And also we flashy as hell boi

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    1:00 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Shadowers fo sure. yes you wont have high dpm but the utility in the class makes it really enjoyable to play in the end-game.

30-70 would be hell but trust me. when you're 80+ and get a taste of BoT, you'll be hooked

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    6:00 AM
    Shads are really fun and get a large variety of skills to play with. But if you only care about late game boss dps go hero

8. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    I'd say hero's probably the most one dimensional class on this server, but if you're looking at these two classes strictly from a damage perspective, you should choose hero. But I think any shadower would tell you that it's one of the more entertaining classes to play because we have a unique skillset, and we hold up fine in literally every bossing scenario.

Both classes are solid in a variety of bossing so don't feel bad for choosing one over the other. Good luck :)

9. Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    Vibin
    Beginner
    With buccs getting nerfed and si not being as common as before will heroes be taken to bosses more or was it still the same with the bucc mules? I’ve never reached bossing content before so idk how people favor each class considering drk also has hb and similar damage to heroes with si.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1