1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help to decide I/L or Bishop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vibin, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    3:58 PM
    Vibin
    Beginner
    I've just hit level 81 on my Priest and was wondering if it would be more worthwhile to make an Ice Lightning to self/sell leech. I saw plenty of Bishops selling leech but I just assumed it was because Bishops can go bossing but I don't plan on doing that with a mage.

2. Winnie

Winnie Timer

Feb 22, 2020
    3:58 AM
    Bishop
    -
    If you ONLY want to leech I would go for Arch Mage , since you already have a HS
    F/P should be better too but some level will be difficult to get through (Once you get mist EZ level)

Arch mage require ALOT less funding , able to 1 hit much much earlier
    Bishop require ALOT of funding and high level to 1 hit

Cons
    Arch mage ultimate use alot of MP
    Genesis book cost alot
    Genesis 10 > Genesis 20

• Like Like x 1
  3. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    12:58 PM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Seeing as 2H skele leech is so cheap now, if you really want to make money, you should make a 16X f/p and sell 5-6 leech.

4. Jvcki

Jvcki Slime

Aug 2, 2019
    Jvcki
    it's better you make an i/l for that

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Eris

Eris Horny Mushroom

Nov 8, 2015
    Female
    8:58 PM
    Beginner
    Depends.
    If its for leeching, 1 hr 1hit skele can get u 20m (payment and drops), the best map to contest it is 5-6 with dou mage so only 1 mage wont be enough, 2 mages of urs and u can do around 20-30m per hr, but unlike 1h skele it require much more work, using 2 clients to attack every 3 sec while also hs and si...
    1h skele will be the best invest for money income, but bish need to be high lvl with good gear.

6. Jvcki

Jvcki Slime

Aug 2, 2019
    Jvcki
    if you use a sweeper mule 1h skele is actually more work than using two i/l's with blizzard macroed 3x tbh since you barely pay attention

i do agree 1h skele is probably better though

7. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    dont fall for the noob trap (bishop 1hit skeles).Instead go i/l + hs mule they can sell 1 hit leech in higher-level areas much faster with good NPC drops (ulu2,wolfspider) .. compared to bishops.. and their book prices aren't ridiculous.

They are also more useful if you devote yourself hard enough to 5-6 leech in the future.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Ice lightning, cus blizzard > meteor

9. Puko

Puko Red Snail

Apr 22, 2018
    New Zealand
    8:58 AM
    Sooing
    Marksman
    Carnival
    If you are planning to sell leech and less bossing, go for i/l.
    Much stronger, have spell boost(as si don't work on mages) and as mentions above, cheaper skill books.
    I have made a high level bishop but still working on i/l to 1 hit ulu3 (I don't really like stay ulu2 toooooo long and I want to level faster in between 100-105 and also working to 1 hit petris in future)
    I just like self leeching over someone leeching me.
    Just a personal thought :>

10. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    i/l and f/p which one is better for leeching?

11. Debian

Debian Red Snail

Aug 31, 2020
    Male
    Wisconsin
    2:58 PM
    debian
    Bishop
    My biggest regrets is not making a f/p earlier. I have a bishop, and though its never too late in order to mule it with F/P I'd need kick and re-invite which is tedious and annoying. Definitely make the F/P imo.

12. WatIsDeze

WatIsDeze Horny Mushroom

May 1, 2020
    8:58 PM
    Camper
    After the SI change there is absolutely no argument in favor of bishops if leeching is the only thing you want mages for.

13. OP
    OP
    Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    Vibin
    Beginner
    Yeah I got baited into making a bishop mule for bossers unlucky. At least I can still kick/invite it for my mage until I feel like remaking hs mule lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Debian

Debian Red Snail

Aug 31, 2020
    Male
    Wisconsin
    2:58 PM
    debian
    Bishop
    F/P does more damage. I/L freezes mobs. So it depends on the map. I think without SI now you might want to get I/L

Really not a massive difference, but damage is wayyy better than Bishop.

15. Blache

Blache Brown Teddy

Jan 12, 2020
    Male
    4:58 PM
    Cleric
    Bishops require heavy initial investment, but can make more profit from leeching than AMs in the long run. Why? Genesis costs half as much MP to use as Blizzard or Meteor. Bishops also don't require HP pots.

For example, I sell Ulu 2 leech quite frequently on my bish and I never buy pots. The power elixirs that drop there are more than enough to sustain my casting. What AMs spend on pots will vary depending on their base MP, but it's certainly a non zero amount. Even if pot costs for AMs only work out to an extra 500-600k per hour (I suspect it's more, but any AMs can confirm) that still adds up to 5-6m more profit for bishops every 10 hours of leech.

We also need to consider that unless AMs have max MP (which involves significant washing) they'd have to sacrifice a spot in their party to run an HB mule. If they choose to do that, it means they can't run trio leech, which is hands down the most efficient and profitable method of leeching. If they leave out the HB mule, pot burn is exacerbated. So, it's not as simple as saying that AMs are flat out better at leeching. Each class has its pros and cons.

If you're new to the server and looking for quick profit with minimal initial investment, go AM. If you're looking to maximize time/profit leeching efficiency in the long term and you're funded, then bishop is the better choice.

• Like Like x 1
  16. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Getting gen 30 alone costs you ~200m tho. It would take 200 hours of selling ulu2 leech to just break even. Also A/M have a much easier time selling petri or shaolin leech which is big money.

17. Blache

Blache Brown Teddy

Jan 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleric
    I could be mistaken here, but I'm fairly sure I saw gen 30 being sold at under 100m recently. Also, the TMAs required for bishops to one hit skeles (~1300) and for AMs to one hit petris (~1265-1285 depending on the ult) are comparable. With similar gear, AMs can sell one hit petri leech at ~5 levels lower than bishops can sell one hit skeles. That seems negligible to me—especially given that skele leech tends to be more profitable than its petri counterpart. I won't comment on Shaolin since I've never leeched there. Regardless, selling leech is a long-term method of money making. Depending on your goals and whether you intend to play for at least a few years, 200 hours of leech is nothing. As I said, if you want quick and unfunded profit, AMs are the way to go. If you're a sweaty efficiency merchant, bishops win out.

18. Aligatour

Aligatour Slime

Apr 15, 2020
    Aligatour
    HB mules can stay in the party as long as they are not within the 5 levels of the monsters. As long as you're not selling low level leech as AM you'll be fine with an HB mule

19. Blache

Blache Brown Teddy

Jan 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleric
    I'm talking about trio leech scenarios specifically. AM + HS + MU + HB = 4 party slots. HB is probably the one that'd be kicked to make room.

20. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I'm pretty sure he said 200M because the book has a 50% success rate so on average it's going to cost you about 230M since the book is 115M. Also you can sell trio leech even if you have an hb mule you just kick and reinvite one of the mules; its really easy. Also there are very few people who play this game for years. Most people will quit within 3-12 months of starting and most people don't plan to sell leech for their duration on the server. Most transitions for dedicated players looks like mage to fund self > transition to attacker > HT for splits because its more fun being on discord with friends for 4 hours bossing than it is leeching for hours on end by yourself.