1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New Feature: Smart Buff System

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Kimmy, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:40 PM
    Moderator Post
    I feel this deserves a topic on its own since I am getting some confused people how suddenly buffs work differently.

Basically, last maintenance we made buff changes. One of them is a change that makes weaker buffs no longer overwrite stronger buffs. This is known in some servers as the 'Smart Buff System'

Example, if I eat an Onyx Apple, and then use Rage. Previously, I would lose all my attack from the apple. Now, you will keep the attack from the apple, because it's a stronger buff, and Rage is a weaker buff. You won't gain the attack from Rage, however, so it won't stack together. This also works if your party is using Rage while you have an apple.

Furthermore, Beholder was known to be killing attack buffs at later levels. Now that's no longer the case!

Demonstration videos.
    Beholder: Click me
    Rage: Click me

We hope you'll enjoy the feature and for all the other information we've added on this big maintenance please click here

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. rondogoat

rondogoat Snail

Mar 11, 2019
    4:40 PM
    rondogoat
    Warrior
    Can you check if this applies for Hyper Body. When I used my lower level HB, it cancelled my GM HB buff. Thank you

3. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Reminder that any buffs that do not affect your primary stat (weapon attack, magic attack, defense, speed, etc...) is not affected by this change, which means which ever skill you recently cast gets applied instead (ex. you casting hb on top of gm hb will cancel out the gm buff, giving you a regular time for hb instead)

4. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    3:40 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Hmm, I'm not sure how the hyper body buff works compared to something like meditate or rage, but surely there is something that could be coded eventually?

5. LeeDragon

LeeDragon Orange Mushroom

Dec 11, 2016
    Male
    5:40 AM
    LeeDragon
    Dark Knight
    Meditate and rage will still be overwrite each other?

6. shot

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Not sure how that will override because rage deals specifically with weapon attack while meditation deals with magic attack.
    Did those skills used to override each other?

7. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    10:40 PM
    Does Dark Sight at less than level 20 still remove the speed buff from Haste? I don't think it would be a horrible balance change if it doesn't any more, but I can see it upsetting some people.

Purely asking out of curiosity, really; I've never been clear if the speed reduction counted as a "buff of a negative number" or if it actually had a separate debuff category.

8. shot

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/dark-sight-doesnt-affect-speed.24644/
    As of right now, no. It will be applied next restart