1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide for MAC [NEW] MacOS Installation Guide & FAQ

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Nise, Mar 16, 2021.

1. pashionfroot

pashionfroot Red Snail

Feb 1, 2021
    Female
    2:47 AM
    pashionfroot
    Beginner
    Floris posted this on 9/15/21 so this should be good for another week:
    "InstallTime"=dword:6aec17a7
    "NagTime"=dword:6cae1340

2. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    8:47 AM
    here we goes again:
    "InstallTime"=dword:6afb2369
    "NagTime"=dword:6cb9278e

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Manhoe

Manhoe Snail

Sep 21, 2021
    Male
    2:47 PM
    Kenjihoe
    Cleric
    thank you =)

4. applango

applango Snail

Sep 14, 2021
    Female
    Beginner
    Thaankyouu

5. soccermom147

soccermom147 Blue Snail

Jul 31, 2017
    Male
    soccermom147
    Bandit
    ---
    I'm having the same exact issue!
    Using Crossover Version 20.0.4 (20.0.4.33197)
    Downloaded XQuartz 2.8.1 (xorg-server 1.20.11)
    MapleLegends30Aug2021-MAC

Using the following times that FlorisFloris posted earlier
    "InstallTime"=dword:6afb2369
    "NagTime"=dword:6cb9278e

I'm getting this error Gr2D error. I've looked in my MapleLegends (ini) file and my HDClient was preset to =0, but I tried HDClient 1 and it doesn't work either. Any thoughts?? :'(

upload_2021-10-4_0-2-6.png

6. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    okay so this issue doesnt have anything to do with it being a mac client or the installtimes or nagtimes. It is an issue similar to the windows Gr2D error problem, try looking for maplelegends Gr2D error solutions and try to apply them. One thing that could be the issue is your screen not being set at 60Hz. For me personally, MapleLegends also works on my external 75 Hz monitor but its something you can consider. You can also try changing the resolution of your macbook / external monitor to see if it helps. Good luck!

7. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    If i get option to update crossover, should i postpone or do it? One of my main problems getting game to run the first time was having the newest version of Crossover. Any recommendations?

I keep getting runtime error when i try to launch every now and then.

8. bravander

bravander Snail

Oct 14, 2021
    Male
    11:47 PM
    Hi!!

Please help, I can't figure this out for the life of me and I've exhausted every other option when it comes to playing Maplestory on a M1 macbook pro. I have the 8GB version or I would've been able to run Parallels perfectly fine at 8GB Ram (if I had the 16GB model), but I have the 8GB model and it runs Maplestory at 4GB Ram and it's unbearable to play, even at the lowest settings. I've gone through every single step on this guide and nothing is working. The farthest I come is the Maplestory logo pops up in my dock for 0.5 seconds (no pop-ups or start screen or anything, litterally just logo pops up) and then it disappears as if I had never opened the MapleLegends. The only thing I can't seem to figure out is the "Game Doesn't Launch" solution 3. I don't have an anti-virus software on my mac, however I know (or think) that it runs something called "xprotect" and some other things to protect from malware. HOWEVER, I've made MapleLegends an "exception" in the Privacy Tab -> Full Disk Access and still nothing; however, I will mention it's not even allowing me to add Crossover as an "exception" so I'm considering maybe that being my problem, but even if it is how would I fix it if it's not allowing me to add it....?

Thanks in advance!

9. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Try removing crossover from your laptop and downloading an older version of it. The version currently available through the crossover website gave me the same issue of the Maple icon popping up in the bar for 0.5 sec and then disappearing. So:
    1. Move the crossover application to trash can and empty it
    2. install version 20.0.4 from this website: https://crossover.en.uptodown.com/mac/versions ***
    If you are prompted with a "Files have to be downloaded to support this version" or something prompt, click okay/install/whatever it says
    3. install MapleLegends as explained in the crossover section of the guide
    4. open the client

This worked for me when I redownloaded crossover and MapleLegends last week, good luck!

*** Installing crossover from that website is at your own risk. It gave me no issues but I am not able to verify its legitimacy, since it isn't the original website for crossover. Sadly, they themselves don't provide the option to download older versions.

10. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Not sure if you're still dealing with this issue but you could attempt to unplug an external monitor / set your refresh rate to 60 Hz / change your display resolution and see if it helps!

11. AmyC

AmyC Mano

May 29, 2021
    Female
    Hi friends! I'm having trouble today with the expired bottle - I keep trying to update the "Nagtime" but it won't seem to take...? I save and close the file but it doesn't seem to save the change... I also noticed the first post on this thread indicated a change in "Version" but no "Installtime" so I updated the "Version" (597445c7) based on that... not sure if it somehow messed something up? I also keep getting this "Save Anyway" box come up when I do try to save the new system/reg file... (see screenshot)

(2nd screenshot) Maybe the user.reg and userdef.reg are copies of the system.reg file...? And they're conflicting? Or are those .reg files usually in the folder? Should I delete those and maybe that'll enable me to save the system.reg with updated "Nagtime"?

Also, what is the current working combo of "Nagtime" "Installtime" and "Version"? 1st post on the thread and Floris's Oct. 1 post have differing "Nagtime" LOL. Hope this makes sense to someone :confused: - Thanks!

**EDIT: I didn't delete the user.reg or userdef.reg files so I guess those were always there lol? After force quitting Crossover a few times, I just hit the "Save Anyway" option using these and it works:

"InstallTime"=dword:6ac1eebd
    "NagTime"=dword:6c83ea5a
    "Version"=dword:597445c7

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies
    yes I’m a little confused on what all three of these should look like at this point. If anyone has ideas that would be great!

13. AmyC

AmyC Mano

May 29, 2021
    Female
    Yes exactly! I've never updated the "Version" line either... but it seems to be working for me now using these: (tenkq MarcCMarcC for helping!)

"InstallTime"=dword:6ac1eebd
    "NagTime"=dword:6c83ea5a
    "Version"=dword:597445c7

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Lapulasi

Lapulasi Mano

Oct 16, 2021
    Male
    7:47 AM
    Xingan
    Bishop
    Heaven
    Client: Crossover
    MacOS version: M1 Macbook air Big Sur 11.6
    Describe the error: The game crashed immediately when i clicked open. The Mushroom logo jumped like one time and disappeared forever. I have tired soluation 1&2 but it is not working. I do not have antivirous software on my mac. Please help me solve this problem. I really want to play this serve !!!

15. SUNJIRU

SUNJIRU Blue Snail

Oct 28, 2021
    Beginner
    MacOS version:Catalina
    Describe the error: Crossover bounces without opening the app
    Last Run Log:

Running command: "/Users/____/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Maple 7/drive_c/MapleLegendsHD/MapleLegends.exe"
    Bottle: Maple 7
    Debug channels:
    Extra environment variables (null)

CrossOver 21.0.0.33720
    macOS Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H1030)
    Install location: /Applications/CrossOver.app
    Mac Locale: en_US

CXConfig->read(/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/etc/CrossOver.conf)
    CXConfig->read(/Users/_____/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/CrossOver.conf)
    Product version=21.0.0.33720
    92615: Grabbing the '/var/folders/s5/zt9vh3hx4lv3rrjpmc426h480000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-1000004-300bcc62f.lock' lock
    92615: Got the '/var/folders/s5/zt9vh3hx4lv3rrjpmc426h480000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-1000004-300bcc62f.lock' lock
    CXConfig->read(/Users/_____/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Maple 7/cxbottle.conf)
    Mode = 'private'
    Environment:
    CX_ROOT = "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver"
    CX_BOTTLE = "Maple 7"
    WINEPREFIX = "/Users/_____/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Maple 7"
    CX_WINDOWS_VERSION = <undefined>
    PATH = "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH = "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/lib64:/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/lib32on64"
    WINEDLLPATH = "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/lib32on64/wine"
    WINEDLLOVERRIDES = <undefined>
    LD_PRELOAD = <undefined>
    LD_ASSUME_KERNEL = <undefined>
    WINELOADER = "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wineloader32on64"
    WINESERVER = "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wineserver"
    WINEDEBUG = <undefined>
    CX_LOG = <undefined>
    CX_DEBUGMSG = <undefined>
    DISPLAY = <undefined>
    VKD3D_DEBUG = <undefined>
    VKD3D_SHADER_DEBUG = <undefined>
    92615: Releasing the '/var/folders/s5/zt9vh3hx4lv3rrjpmc426h480000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-1000004-300bcc62f.lock' lock
    Running `"/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/cxavscan" --gui "/Users/_____/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Maple 7/drive_c/MapleLegendsHD/MapleLegends.exe"`

** Wed Oct 27 21:45:40 2021
    Starting '/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wineloader32on64' 'winewrapper.exe' '--new-console' '--workdir' '/Users/______/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Maple 7/drive_c/MapleLegendsHD' '--start' '--'
    '/Users/______/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Maple 7/drive_c/MapleLegendsHD/MapleLegends.exe'

-> rc=768 (took 0.0223169326782227 seconds)
    output=[]
    Command:
    /Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wineloader32on64 winewrapper.exe --new-console --workdir /Users/______/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Maple 7/drive_c/MapleLegendsHD --start -- /Users/_____/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Maple 7/drive_c/MapleLegendsHD/MapleLegends.exe
    0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x9c03
    0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x9b07
    0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x5f07
    0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x9907
    0094:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x6403
    0024:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
    00b0:fixme:seh:get_thread_times not implemented on this platform
    00b0:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0031F18C 1 C) semi-stub
    00b0:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0031F00C 1 C) semi-stub

16. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    New times ~
    "InstallTime"=dword:6ad72fed
    "NagTime"=dword:6c952b0a

<3

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  17. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    I had this when recently installing, read my comment above on how to install an older version of crossover. The latest version of crossover available from their website causes this issue.

18. Lapulasi

Lapulasi Mano

Oct 16, 2021
    Male
    Xingan
    Bishop
    Heaven
    Thanks. After download the old version of crossover the problem is solved ! Thanks a lot !

19. Lapulasi

Lapulasi Mano

Oct 16, 2021
    Male
    Xingan
    Bishop
    Heaven
    MacOS version: Big Sur 11.6 M1
    Describe the error:

Is the mac client English only? I tired to install other langauge by following the guide but the game still appeaer to be English when it lanuched.

20. SUNJIRU

SUNJIRU Blue Snail

Oct 28, 2021
    Beginner
    Client: Crossover 20
    MacOS version:Catalina
    Describe the error: Crossover bounces without opening the app

Hey hey, it looks like the log that I posted was an earlier one, from when I was using CrossOver 21. However, I just ran MapleLegends again with CrossOver 20 and still experiencing the same issue: when I try to run MapleLegends, the application will appear in my dock for like a second then disappear without the program ever opening.

Last Run Log:
    Code:
    Running launcher: MapleLegends (StartMenu.C^3A_users_crossover_Start+Menu/Programs/MapleLegends/MapleLegends.lnk)
    Command-line options:
    Bottle: Maple 7
    Debug channels:

CrossOver 20.0.4.33197
    macOS Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H1030)
    Install location: /Applications/CrossOver.app
    Mac Locale: en_US

CXConfig->read(/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/etc/CrossOver.conf)
    CXConfig->read(/Users/kadallah/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/CrossOver.conf)
    4070: Grabbing the '/var/folders/s5/zt9vh3hx4lv3rrjpmc426h480000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-1000004-300bcc62f.lock' lock
    4070: Got the '/var/folders/s5/zt9vh3hx4lv3rrjpmc426h480000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-1000004-300bcc62f.lock' lock
    CXConfig->read(/Users/kadallah/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Maple 7/cxbottle.conf)
    4070: Releasing the '/var/folders/s5/zt9vh3hx4lv3rrjpmc426h480000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-1000004-300bcc62f.lock' lock
    CXRWConfig->new(/Users/kadallah/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Maple 7/cxmenu.conf)
    '/Users/kadallah/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Maple 7/cxmenu.conf' not modified -> no need to save
    Starting 'StartMenu.C^3A_users_crossover_Start+Menu/Programs/MapleLegends/MapleLegends.lnk'
    system encoding='UTF-8'
    Exec-ing '"/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wine" --bottle "Maple 7" --check --wait-children --start "C:/users/crossover/Start Menu/Programs/MapleLegends/MapleLegends.lnk" --cx-log -'
    002d:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
    002d:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00004100
    0033:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation returning fake driver list
    0033:fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__stdio_common_vfprintf_s options 24 not handled
    0033:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0031EA80 1 C) semi-stub
    0033:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0031E848 1 C) semi-stub

this line "0033:fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__stdio_common_vfprintf_s options 24 not handled" repeats 100+ times