1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update New Party Quest: CWKPQ

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:53 PM
    Moderator Post
    [​IMG]
    *Banner credits: BronzeBronze

Welcome to the release of Crimsonwood Keep Party Quest.

When it come to things we've done with the v0.62 client we are proud to tell this is one of the most difficult challenges we had to do. CWKPQ is a Party Quest that was released after v0.62 and has some mechanics that were not in the v0.62 client by default

With great client knowledge and modifications by Wolf ScrollWolf Scroll , extremely clever thinking by shotshot ,and a lot of patience, we are happy to announce that CWKPQ will be a reality in MapleLegends.

While I have only mentioned those two, the staff as well as myself worked our asses off to make sure you'll enjoy this Party Quest. We hope you'll enjoy it, and if you've got any feedback about the Party Quest you are free to let us know.

What important to me for this Party Quest that is accessible from 90 and above is that there should always be reasons to do the Party Quest. What we have observed at other services providing CWKPQ is that users were hyped for CWKPQ, get the items, and stopped doing it completely because there was no appeal or reasons to do it anymore.

When we first introduced the balance topic (see here) we had a feeling this problem may occur also when we release CWKPQ. Therefore, we have decided to re-think all the balances, and came to the following conclusions. Please note we understand that it's impossible to please everyone, but we hope this makes the side that want balance happy, but also the people that want become as strong as they can be happy.

Mark of Naricain [​IMG]

Final attack stats:
    2-5 attack, 1 slot
    Other stats vanilla

Explanation: We believe with the finalized stats the MoN is weaker than a HTP. However, the user have the ability to spend Chaos Scrolls, which costs mesos, to have the potential to make it stronger as one. This way, users at the early levels should still get a HTP, because you do not have to spend Chaos Scrolls, while more experienced users have another item to perfect. We believe this is the happy middle to have it balanced, but also potential Mark of Narcain that works similar as the vanilla version, which had 10 attack 0 slots.

Furthermore, it will take more effort to get a complete perfect MoN, which hopefully adds to the replay value compared to only needing 1 and being done with it. They stay 1 of a kind, which means you have to drop your MoN before you can grab a new one, similar as Zakum Helmets.

Blackfist Cloak [​IMG]

Final stats: Vanilla stats, untradable

Explanation: When it came to the Blackfist Cloak, we got heavy feedback about that they are way overnerfed. When people bought up points, we were quick to realize the nerf is indeed too heavy. Especially if you take it into account how much I hate Gachapon Exclusive items, which indeed stands true. Therefore, we believe giving them the vanilla stats while being untradable is the right thing to do, and also creates additional reasons to do the PQ.

However, we still believe they should be untradable. The reason for this is because this makes people that need a strong cape be forced to do the PQ, instead of one group gathering them and selling them.

Besides that we have one scroll added into the bonus box crates that were never released before. We hope you'll enjoy the scroll, and you can expect more scrolls of those types coming in the near future.

Thank you so much for the patience while we were working hard on the Party Quest, and we hope you'll have fun!

~ The MapleLegends Staff ~

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    • Great Work Great Work x 15
    • Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    12:53 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Cheers for the team's effort in adding this new content and i hope everyone will enjoy it.
    Looking forward to fighting Heron for the first time :D

• Like Like x 3
  3. Timan1

Timan1 Mushmom

Nov 21, 2017
    3:53 PM
    Night Lord
    Jesus christ i was waiting for this pq for years!!! gj legends!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Now I'm up to do this PQ XD

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. koren262001

koren262001 Mano

Nov 21, 2017
    Male
    5:53 PM
    Hermit
    apple
    i have been waiting for this pq since i joined to server!
    great work by the staff members, couldn't ask for better :)
    btw, just wanted to ask, what does vanilla stats mean?

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Vanilla means they are the stats that Neckson gave to the items.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. koren262001

koren262001 Mano

Nov 21, 2017
    Male
    5:53 PM
    Hermit
    apple
    Oh, good to know.
    Thanks for the fast reply!

8. Nrii

Nrii Brown Teddy

Aug 13, 2017
    Skele
    8:53 AM
    GuiltySymbol
    Bishop
    Influence
  9. HighOG

HighOG Snail

Oct 10, 2018
    Male
    9:53 AM
    High
    Sniper
    Candies
    Do we need 1 of each class to do the pq? For example, Pirate/Warrior/Mage/Thief/Bowman?

10. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    11:53 AM
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    Rip the MoN is nerfed xd

You need 2 of each class to do the pq. To fit at least 10 people into the party, a new party system (expedition party) is required and will make switching parties in the expedition much easier than without the expedition system.

11. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    Also @kimmy, please fix the droprate for crimson hearts from crimson guardians. The etc items seems too rare to be a common etc drop from a monster.

12. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Very interesting take on the mark of naricain.

However this buff to the mark of naricain making it best in slot means that new players don't have much reason to purchase htp (even if it is slightly better) unless the price of htp service goes down. I'm predicting MoN service to be around 20m (maybe less if all 5 bosses drop it at 100% rate) whereas I don't see horntail groups selling for less than 80m.

Blacklist cape revert is nice. Now I can just do cwkpq for a decent cape instead of fork over 300+ million mesos.

One thing I wonder if is if this opens the door for slot modification to balance other equips.

For example , would it be okay to get itcg (read: facestompers) if they were modified to be 1 or 2 attack clean with only 1 slot.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    its not hard at all. I got over 50 in under an hour

Shads need HTP for all 3 stats, most heroes need the HTP for dex for Stonetooth, and most people need HTP still for washing. the HPT isnt bad at all still. and MoN will prob be alot more, because of how "op" it is. That pendant is pretty damn good for a level 100 player. Kimmy has said in the past she will never bring in Facestompers. Thats why xmas socks are here and as an event

its not even a bad nerf lol

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Vanilla is a ice cream flavor

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    For the shadower case I think you might be right. For the hero case, its much better to just add base dex than give up the extra weapon attack from a chaos'd MoN -you lose like 17 dex (or if you are super try hard just swap to dragon claymore and make a SI mule). Though i'm sure it would be nice to have both for warriors with accuracy issues.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  16. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    The rebuff to the MoN made it so HTP no longer needs to be chaosed to be BiS (cuz MoN will be BiS). I dig it.

17. Kruzynn

Kruzynn Slime

Nov 24, 2017
    Male
    3:53 PM
    Kruzynn
    Priest
    i dont remember the pirate boss in the CWKPQ. did u guys custom made that?

18. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The pirate boss was used in different regions such as JMS and KMS. Because we have places and regions from other versions, we felt it more fitting to use the JMS version, which has the Pirate boss. It also makes it feel more complete compared to GMS' version.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    It used to only take a few minutes to get 12 hearts (in gms).

20. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We don't use the exact same GMS formula. If it isn't hard, it's not going to be made even easier.

• Disagree Disagree x 1