1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New Player Here >.< Have got some question regarding HP Washing

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Cak33, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    11:55 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Hello :DD

Played maplestory back in the past (when OSMS was still official) but I've decided to jump back to hopefully achieve something that I couldn't back then, and after spending about an hour or two, I'm here now as a Lvl 15 Swordsman, with all my AP Points went my STR.

I understand that not everything can be 100% the same as the past. After reading alittle it seems that there's a mechanic that I'm unaware of, which is HP Washing, which seems like a game-changing mechanics to me.

No worries here guys, I'm NOT against it. But figured out if I don't learn the trend/norms of it, I might suffer real bad.

Alittle background on small plan on what I plan to do in MapleLegends:
    - Going back to my first useful character in the past, being a Fighter.
    - If trend of Sword and Axe are similar to the past, I'm planning to pick up 2H Axe (it really depends on the availability of them on the market however)
    - Going low-dex as it looks like the most efficient stats build around, so i'll try that.
    - I don't plan to create a second character to babysit my Fighter (I doubt I'll play a second character), therefore I'm trying to maximize my mesos.

Alright, now back to the topic of HP Washing, here's what I know so far:
    - It converts MP into HP
    - There's a limit to the lowest MP per character.
    - Required to not die against certain bosses (I'm assuming people are fighting bosses at lower level OR bosses from post-big bang has arrived in this server)
    - The higher your INT, the more MP u get when you level up. Gives you more MP to convert to HP. Higher STR does not give you more HP per level however.
    - Alot people have invested in INT gear to get as much MP as possible for washing.
    - For pure damage classes (bowman, Night Lord, etc) its not necessary to 'over-wash', as long as you don't die on the bosses that you intend to kill (personal opinion)
    - Washing can start from Level 1, but can be expensive but according to most guides, most people only start washing from maybe 3rd job onwards?? (Maybe in real MS when AP washing requires cash I guess, but not sure about private servers like MapleLegends)

Now for my main question regarding HP Washing:
    - I plan to play as a Fighter, which works as both a Semi-Tank and Semi-DPS. What's the general trend on washing for my class? Do most people start washing at early levels (1-30)?
    - I've rolled 4 INT and 4 LUK. Should I pump into INT (maybe get about 30 int similar or sth) and remove them at late stages, just so I have more MP to convert to HP? (I'm only investing in a character so I doubt I can invest in INT gears)
    - Or, am I just overthinking the whole situation, and should just wash without thinking too much (4 INT), I'm a warrior anyways so I have alot more HP den everyone.

P.S. additional question but off-topic.
    What's the availability of 2H Axe and 2H Swords in general? (from 3rd job onwards, when shops don't sell standard equips for u anymore) And are which ones are more expensive??

Thanks guys, for taking your time to read. Planning to halt my trainings for now until I get more solid infos on HP Washing, as it seems like once missed, you cant fix back. Similar to not-maxing Improving max HP/MP before adding other skills.

2. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    9:55 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Luckily for you washing for heroes/pallies is relatively easy, since you start with a pretty large base HP pool and the conversion ratio of MP to HP when washing is quite large. Even with no int equips, a base int of 30-40 should be more than enough to get you a respectable HP pool in the endgame. Even if you aren't planning to wash super hard, I would this small investment of 30-40 base int is worth it since you barely lose any damage and it leaves your options open later on. Like in old official MS, HP washing requires AP resets. AP resets can be bought for 3.1k nx or obtained through various events, you can vote for 5k+ nx everyday.

As for the inquiry on weapon type, axes are strictly inferior to swords due to the difference in weapon speed/multiplier. The discrepancy is so large that axes are essentially useless and npced instantly by most players. There might be a couple of warriors who use axes for the memes, but for the most part heroes use 2h swords.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Starbright

Starbright Slime

Oct 24, 2019
    11:55 PM
    NightRose
    Priest
    WeenIeHutJr
    This is a very good explanation.

I’m new here as well but I seem to recall that 18500 HP was the “magic number” in GMS, since with Hyper Body (which you can rely on since you’ll almost certainly have a DrK in your party when blessing) will boost that up to the maximum of 30000. Of course you can feel free to wash beyond that if you want to be more self-sufficient but it’s not necessary.

As for warriors and DEX, ideally you want as little as possible, as STR is your main damage multiplier. You want enough accuracy to be able to 100% hit high level bosses, and you eventually want to accumulate as many accuracy bonuses from equipment as you can, without using slots that could grant STR instead. Of course that’s going to get expensive and as a new player it will be a while before you can access endgame gear. Adding points into DEX now won’t hurt you, though I would suggest no more than 70 base if possible, with the intention to reset it later. You could eventually become totally DEXless if you choose, but there are diminishing returns once you have enough damage to boss efficiently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    Crusader
    In addition to what Skarmory said, for a Hero going beyond 18500 is worth it too since you may not have a Dark Knight with you at all times. Adding Int to get 30-40 base would be enough, and in the later levels you can use add int gear if you want extra.

5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:55 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I made a paladin and had 80 int (base + equips) when it was low level, and 120 int (4 base + equips) when it is high level. They have roughly the same hp stats as fighter. I'm 165 right now, and am just shy of 23k hp.

I started washing at level 120. I wish I had started washing at 100. Then, I would have close to 30k hp now.

If you cannot afford int gear right now, just add base int. Later on as you get higher level you will get alot of mesos, and you can use those mesos to buy int gear and then reset your main stat.

Also please do not go for 2h AXE. Its very, very weak compared to swords because the axes have a much SLOWER attack speed. Sure, you might think you are saving money because the weapons themself are cheap and can get higher attack, but you are actually doing less damage.

Spending 100m on a META sword will give you more damage than spending 100m on an axe.

If you are going hero with no mules, you should look into using stonetooth sword or Red katana/NT sword + shield combination. Those are the 3 best weapons for hero with no outside buffs considered.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Thanks for the detailed explanation and norms.
    I've heard about Axe being inferior to swords before, but hasn't really read up regarding that, the only part i know is Axe usually gives a lower min dmg, and a higher max dmg, I was thinking that I might be able to just pump more DEX into my warrior to overcome this issue.

I've actually became alittle paranoid on my first character and went to create a new warrior with base 55 int before reading up on the replies. I guess that will give me alittle more HP to play with, and I might be able to start changing some (not all) of my INT to STR/DEX on third job or sth.

Also big thanks to Starblight and Selquin for the additional informations

Heyy, thanks for the explanation on Swords over Axe. If speed is the main factor, I can see why swords are alot more superior in terms of damage.
    Sorry for asking alot, but is Lvl 100-120 the norm when people starts washing? Also is there a standard level regarding changing the INT back to main stats, STR in my case?

Also, I've came across this video on HP washing in MapleRoyals:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDy0mLf75tI

I assume for warriors, using AP reset to obtain HP is not the way to go, as using AP from level up will obtain alot more HP compared to using a reset stats?
    Once again, thanks for taking time to look at my newbie questions >.<

7. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    If you plan on going 2h axe, your end game weapon will either be the colonian axe (level 90 with “normal attack speed”), or a level 115 neo tokyo weapon that is very expensive to craft

8. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:55 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    People usually start washing whenever they want. You can start at any level, and reset at any level (provided you have the mp pool). I would say the earlier the better, but often you won't have the ap resets to do so. Even then, I would suggest starting to wash at level 100 at the latest.

The main difference between royals and here is that you want to use FRESH AP for each wash. Using an ap reset to wash will give you less HP (though you can still do it, its just less efficient).

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    the earlier the better, aight. I'll take note of that. Thanks for the clarification, I think I have a good understanding of HP washing and the norms here now.