1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New players and meso asking.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Danna, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Timan1

Timan1 Mushmom

Nov 21, 2017
    6:42 AM
    Night Lord
    Lol, believe me that i have enough mesos and i don't need anyones money. when i started i never asked for shit, from none, i did it on my own.
    i'm here just to solve this problem, idc wether new people get "free stuff" or not, i have no interest in it. just to suggest a way to stop these stupid trade requests like most servers did

2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:42 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    There isn't a problem due to meso shortage among new players. There is a problem because they're ignorant, need to read some guides, and get some class.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Timan1

Timan1 Mushmom

Nov 21, 2017
    6:42 AM
    Night Lord
    they won't do that doe.. you're here too since 2015 and its STILL the same bs everytime right? i agree that what they need to do is "THIS" but they're not doing it. and they wont. but then again, if any of you have a suggestion that is not "stupid" go ahead please.

4. Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    11:42 PM
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    For me personally, I just avoid FM ch1 or ch1 all together since the population has grown. I ocassionally get asked for mesos around Kerning PQ area, which I don't mind doing since you know they're actually attempting to play at least

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    1:42 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Honestly, had a feature like that were to be implemented, I feel like just as same number of people would be asking for mesos as before. Part of the reason might be most people that asks for mesos (like when I first started) because they are not fully aware of ways they could earn money instead of just simply farming one.

In addition, I'm afraid giving people mesos by a command will cause an inflation because it's mesos that are generated without any efforts at all. 100k might not be much for 1 character, but it quickly adds up as there are more people using one. Other people giving out, on the other hand, is a transfer of mesos so its effects are negligible.

And to be completely honest, Im fairly confident that most people will hand out some mesos if a new player asks nicely. It's just that there are some people in the server acts like they are entitled to it, or take advantage of them.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    Increasing money supply does not have to lead to inflation.

100k assumes all of it flows back into the economy. It's not really the case since NPCs eat out a large chunk of the money they earn (compared to established players). If recipients quit at the end of the first week, they would have already made much more than that from mesos/drops alone. Even if they quit forever, anything in their account becomes inaccessible anyways. It can't really be compared to gobi farming.
    But regarding retention, anything that keeps new players in the game, even if it's temporary, will benefit the rest of us. This is because new players generally "supply" the market and rich players (those who inflate the price of ws like crazy :mad: ) consist of the "demand".

Generally, more players = more votes = more gach = more supply = lower prices

Most of my leeches who were new a few months ago have also won some type of white/chaos scroll that they sold in the market, suggesting that those who won something pricey in gach had more of an incentive to stay on the server.

Just my two cents

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ePyro

ePyro Slime

Feb 20, 2018
    Male
    2:42 AM
    Epyro
    F/P Mage
    Agape
    Shout out to the guy that almost 1 year ago gave me a LPQ Red napoleon cape that i sold for 50k mesos,
    im pretty sure it would have been way more difficult without that pot money, where ever you are, i send you my love.
    On the other hand when i spare "supposedly" new people some mesos, 100k-200k and rigth after they keep spamming in fm asking for more i instantly swap to, "well at least this guy fake nib act got him some mesars in return" 10/10 would oscar.

8. Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    2:42 PM
    Angbak
    Bishop
    Tbh, as what LionheartLionheart has mentioned, all new people need is information. Contrary to what people always say, legends probably isn't dying. I always see about 5 or more new character being made each day.

Has anyone ever considered preventing the problem instead of curing it? Imo, a feature such as getting 100k off the bat isn't going to break the game by people creating multiple accounts but that amount of money is ultimately going to run out, it's not sustainable and they'll be back to begging for mesos.

What could be done?
    If you truly wanna help out the new players, approach them before they become beggars, teach them how to earn mesos, how you shouldn't be buying armor, how they can get free pots from doing job quests.

I don't expect everyone to do this, but over the past month I've been whispering people who have job advanced for first job and asking if they're new. If they are, meet them in the FM, give them a bit of pot money and tell them advice relatwd to their job.

This is probably going to be more useful than giving new people 100k straight up through an in game function.

Also, lf> donations, meso plz

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. imadde

imadde Mixed Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    8:42 AM
    Sauron/Login/Play.
    Bishop
    Demure
    Give me mesos please.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  10. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    This isn't an issue...
    Honest noobs are OK. Greedy noobs are bad. Just remember what they say about teaching a man to fish.

And when did this discussion take such a horrible turn? The server giving new players 100k meso to start is the most un-vanilla thing I've ever heard, and if they really wanted that much at level 15 they could just sell a fame (50-150k) or a smega/owl (500-800k).

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    3:42 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Nah, have a gobi nerf instead

12. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  13. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Sleepywood kill quests give white potions/mana elixirs, ATLEAST 600+ each
    -killing 99 green mushrooms
    -killing 99 horny mushrooms
    -killing 99 zombie mushrooms
    -killing 99 evil eyes

the bonus of doing quests... 3x exp! you can easily hit 20-25 just killing a few
    other quests will give alot of pots as well as low level gear to npc.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Sloppy

Sloppy Horny Mushroom

Apr 15, 2018
    Male
    White Knight
    Giving 100k mesos automatically two new players is pointless because it's already easy as hell to get some. Anyone with basic basic knowledge of GMS should have little to no problems starting a completely unfunded new character. Its not hard, it won't prevent people begging for mesos and is unecassary. Also I hate seeing servers do that. Also you're ridiculously rude for no reason over a ducken game son.
    And at OP if you don't want to give someone mesos who's begging you to, simply don't. Harassing You? Tell them to duck off and stop being a gucamole eating quack of a sad excuse gamer, or report them. But it is annoying I will agree. All these kids these days with their leech, skill mules, begging and stuff so much sighing.

15. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    I think they'll be more likely to. I don't think people really join the server with the intention on staying permanently. Especially not the ones who never knew the concept of "hp wash".
    skill changes, mob changes, and hunting gach tickets aren't really vanilla either. They can get more money elsewhere but you can't expect new players to immediately be a competent player in the market.

16. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    Sarina
    Instead of adding a feature to give 100k to new players, you can make an NPC on Lith Harbor that gives alot of untradable pots and equipments to start off, there could be a max level requirement of 30 to use it

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Or we could just ask our newbies to take a stroll down our wonderful guides section and tell them to git gud.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...-guide-to-starting-out-and-making-money.7563/

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/newbie-meso-factory.7598/

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    9:42 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper

There's a quest to get pots tho :O

https://poof.ml/?p=quest&id=1046

thats enough to help out for a few lvls ~

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    Sarina
    Oh I already know that, but new players don't know that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    personally, i think alot of players know this. because most people talk to Biggs to get the fruit knife and the other quest unlocks