1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New players and meso asking.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Danna, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Timan1

Timan1 Mushmom

Nov 21, 2017
    12:09 AM
    Night Lord
    "we could ask them"..we do, atleast I do, I always throw noobs 100k and refer them to quests/guides/how to make money and whatever, the wave will never end. It never ended all these years and it still will never end which makes it a problem.
    people that know how they can sell smegas and owls and even fames won't ask for "free mesos" so again what they "could do" and what they ARE DOING in reality is very different. OBVIOUSLY they COULD do many things, but they don't. that's exactly what LionheartLionheart suggests, that they could and should read guides and yada yada and I do see how referring 1 new individual player to guides will help, I do that exact same thing myself, BUT! I don't see how it solves a server-wide problem that occurs CONSTANTLY.

A player who don't know how to grind or get 100k WILL be sticking around when he is given these 100k. shot is a good example of it. hes 181 and he mentioned on this thread that he did ask for mesos and continued playing
    also, for the claim many of the comments are mentioning about "greedy" noobs that will continue asking for money: with that feature you DON'T have to actually give them anything because if they DO keep asking after such a feature implemented - here you go, they're greedy. now you can know who's actually trying and who's not. as for noobs who ACTUALLY want a bit mesos to buy pots and yada yada, I don't see a reason why not to implement a feature that WILL help them. and I'm not talking about the 100k one, it can be ANY feature that will help new people. it can be a built-in guide that redirects them to useful quests that you can skip if you're not new, or anything really that will help fix the problem on a SERVER-WIDE scale.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  2. imadde

imadde Mixed Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    1:09 AM
    Sauron/Login/Play.
    Bishop
    Demure
    I honestly dont see a problem adding a command wich will give them some starting money, its not like it gonna destroy the economy. But at the same time it will ruin the nostalgic + the people that going to use the command just gonna quit after 2-4 week anyway, so is it really worth it? Back to topic. I dont mind giving away some pot money or item drop to newcoming players, what bother me more is "old" players trying to lowball the shit out of your items. In 3 years i maybe recived 5 decent offers when trying to sell my shit. Not even sure why i wrote this crap.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    6:09 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You're talking about a problem that doesn't even exist. Because when we get right down to it, even if some person is completely new and ignorant, seems usually when they beg for some mesos and stuff, they'll get it, no? Plus the whole myriad of solutions we have listed for not affording pots.

The OP of this thread actually states that what really bothers her is entitlement and rude players that beg. And this is a problem that cannot be magically fixed. You cannot simply "fix" rude and toxic players. Give them 100k. Give them 10 bil. Doesn't matter, no matter what you do these kinds of players will shit on the server and other players.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Timan1

Timan1 Mushmom

Nov 21, 2017
    12:09 AM
    Night Lord
    what about creating an idk, built-in guide in their faces that directs them to these pot quests. you can't say it doesn't even exist because it does, if a person getting such guides or even the 100k or anything that comes along with it and STILL asks for money, then yeah i agree. he's toxic, he has no intention in PLAYING the game. and i don't talk about these ones, i'm talking about the ones who DO wanna play but they're just unfamiliar with how you can make mesos so they ask for SOME but they're here to stay and play the game. these are the people i want to offer help to, and at the same moment reduce the "plz meso" trades you're missing my point..the "myriad" of solutions you've listed won't help all the newcomers only the one that are lucky enough to stumble upon you or angbak or anyone who will "refer them to guides". these are great solutions, just not on the right scale.

I'm not sure why you've wrote this aswell, as i said i'm not talking about these people who will quit 2-4 weeks later, i don't care about them. i'm talking about helping future community members that WILLING to play this game.

it feels like you think that whoever asks for mesos when they start their game will quit after a while, its not like that.

5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I call that the quest window.

[​IMG]

Once again, it's this marvelous tool players have access to that pretty much tells them what they can do for free stuff.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. imadde

imadde Mixed Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Sauron/Login/Play.
    Bishop
    Demure
    The best way to deal with toxic/rude players is to simply dont give a fuck about them.
    Just ignore every single word they write. After a while you can really feel they are about to explode inside. Thats the time when you whisper them something along the lines like "HAHA Lol xD", It will trigger them to write something inappropriate to you. Thats the time when you take ss and report. Ez ban for them, ez nx for you, thats how i made my 29999 hp nl in 10 days.

TDLR: If you cant ignore someone, well to bad for you.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    5:09 PM
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    Time and time again, the disconnect between those who say "there needs to be more" and those who say "there is enough" is just a bridge in information. There are plenty of resources available, but not every new player makes their way into the forums or into discord before they decide they've had enough. I think bridging that gap would provide a more lasting solution and would even help get players more invested into the game and community.

This is the gist of a checklist idea I've mentioned before.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. atomfire

atomfire Orange Mushroom

Mar 7, 2018
    Male
    9:09 AM
    atomfire
    Hermit
    ThotzRUs
    People should stop having such a huge sense of entitlement. I remember how back in the day (2007 MSEA) I used to be so poor that pots were something close to a luxury. To get by I actually had to depend on chairs to recharge HP, or even resort to hitting slimes with my wand (as a magician) to kill mobs. Was it challenging? Yes. Was it satisfying? Oh yes definitely. This might seem extreme relative to the gameplay we have today, but to be honest if you recall this was what many practiced back in the day and guess what we all still had a hell of a time mapling. Hardwork was the name of the game back in the day. And today? It's all about that instant gratification.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    7:09 PM
    It seems like we want a magical power to exist in the server such that everything goes on the way we want. Well, that's not going to happen no matter how hard we want it. As Lionheart pointed out, there's no actual problem. There are some players whose approach to the game is like: "ugh, I wanna skip the boring part and be at the 'endgame' phase" others do enjoy the early levels as well. So to the OP try to deal with it yourself. The "issue" that bothers you has nothing to do with the game itself but with the people that play the game, I guess you can get the whole point on this ;)

10. Holyshiza

Holyshiza Blue Snail

Oct 13, 2018
    Male
    7:09 PM
    Holyshiza
    I just started a couple days ago and I got 80k mesos from selling my drops and picking up everything. I even got a couple gach (hunting) tickets which got me a decent scroll and equipment I plan on selling now that I have enough cash for a merchant. Spent my first vote cash on an etc inventory upgrade so I can even save up ores and gems to get a few thousand mesos each (hopefully). I havent even had to buy potions yet since i've been going around getting the free ones from quests and getting plenty from drops.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HyunSeok

HyunSeok Mano

Apr 3, 2018
    Male
    8:09 PM
    Silvic
    Priest
    Guildless
    I just tell them there's a post on the Legends forums regarding Charity for new players.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Valentine

Valentine Snail

Oct 21, 2018
    Male
    8:09 AM
    Redemption7
    Brawler
    Well i started 1 day before i posted this message, totally new non funded acc just to play with my brother. I didnt had any potion problems till i reach Kpq, during which i got carried by some older players.Because i had no proper equipment and cant hit anything i had to spam tons of potions. @ which point i luckily i got a scroll Cape of LUK 100%, i didnt know how much its worth. Instead of going to FM to beg i went to FM and said anybody willing to buy the scroll off me to Fund new player(s). Someone traded me and gave me 500k meso, and didnt even take the scroll. I dont remember the name of the guy, but i am really grateful for the help so my brother and i had little problems potion for awhile. And thanks to a event i believe, people were willing to buy horny mushroom cap off me for 4k each! I still dont have much to buy decent equipment but its a start. Still cant do LPQ cause of shitty accuracy tho, hahahahaha.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I think many new players will find, as you have, that if they seem as though they are genuinely trying and not simply begging, they will get more than enough help.

14. EastNewsFul

EastNewsFul King Slime

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    PartlyMe
    Corsair
    So i thought of an idea I did myself to gain some fast mesos in game which helped me gain 1-2m really fast depending on the person Alright som when there is events or quest that requires you to farm a lot to gain stuff for the quest themselves its always handy to let people farm for you if you have the mesos to for it. its all about doing some work for someone. in that way you do go out and lvl/farm and while you do that you gain stuff you can sell or use and further you can add on your payment for a job well done. again I know someone or many have already done this but srsly its easy money and its not being rude and you will be able to gain exp and gain stuff through it :) perfect way to help for a bit of coin. NOW before everyone is going to say what about the low levels well someone might need stuff from low-level monsters too so don't worry its all about making you being seen as a guy/girl who can make it easier for those who need all the items :)

So basically if you have the money and dont have the time to farm or just hate it why not give someone a payment for farming it for you? Work work! haha

Remember we can help each other in many ways being social, let someone else have the place you farm/grind at or just generally being nice I don't mind helping people in need if its possible
    Just remember you can't help everyone and that you don't have to feel bad for not helping every goddamm time. they need to try themselves too and they won't learn the game and its ways by getting a hand through everything they can't do themselves. I'm thankful for everyone who has helped me :) // especially my guild and my friend Mel! amazing people everyone.

You all stay amazing out there and happy mapling! <3.

East
    XOXO

15. Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    2:09 AM
    Beginner
    Honor
    Bad suggestion imo, as Kim said, the server thrive to be Gms-like, with some additions to known maplestory problems (hunting gacha, ring, etc) or maps of other regions.
    The part of going through picking every equip and meso on the floor, AND the part of asking people for money is important to the game. I was a bit disappointed even to get the go-to-fm.

I was making a lot of money while i was active (around 800-900m and tons of items by merching for a month) and now i even trade new players and try to catch those who 1st job adv to check if they are new and give them some tips and mesos to start by.

To conclude, players need to help others, not to have some sort of command that MIGHT be abused, and if they do not get that help, they can keep on playing or leaving, as simple as that.

16. Danny

Danny Slimy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    2:09 AM
    ZerkMania
    Dark Knight
    Active
    There are so many ways you can make mesos nowdays in legends its sad people still cry about not having any mesos

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    7:09 AM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    Exploring = costly
    New players (explorers) like exploring = fast draining budget

Guide following = optimal spending =... (wtf are you playing for lmao, watching ppl play on youtube better)

18. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    8:09 PM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    To donate or not to donate is a (debate?) that is historically notorious for having a perfect 50/50 opinion and no conclusion.

Why are we doing this? If you want to give a noob pots, give a noob pots. If you're worried about them spending your mesos on drugs instead of pots, give them.... pots. To each their own, this is stupid.

19. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    9:09 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Not really sure why people would need to request for mesos at low levels when the only possible thing they could need it for is potions and even so, there are plenty of quests that give tonnes of potion if they really bothered with going through the quests scattered all around Victoria island. The ability to stand on one's own feet takes only a little time and effort to achieve if they truly tried.

Although i have offered mesos to new players(previously with my beginner's aid thread) if they are polite and ask nicely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Emmirys

Emmirys Red Snail

Mar 25, 2019
    Female
    5:09 PM
    Came across this thread by accident
    to find out I can get 100k free mesos...
    sweeeet o,o