1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important New System for White Scrolls (Feedback Thread)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Nise, Jul 6, 2021.

How do you feel about the Prestigious Coin system?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2021.
  1. Strongly support

190 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. Slightly support

130 vote(s)
    23.6%
  3. Neutral

90 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. Slightly oppose

71 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Strongly oppose

71 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    9:48 AM
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    First of all, thank you staff for all these amazing changes.

Next, I would like to share my perspective on white scrols (WS) and chaos scrolls (CS). As most already know, the prices of WS and CS are high due to both the low supply and high demand of these precious resources. In this post, I would like to simply focus on the problem of low supply, as the demand for WS and CS will always exist until another resource such as Vega's Spells or something to this creative nature gets introduce.

Here are my thoughts on the question, how to fix the low supply of WS and CS.

I think introducing Prestigious Coins is a step in the right direction, but I do feel that if it's gated behind bossing, it would create a power imbalance between bossing classes and non-bossing classes. Personally, I feel like this could be simply implemented using mesos. By setting a standard pricing in the NPC shop, whether it be 100M/150M/200M, it can accomplish a few problems we already have. First, it can fix the supply problem as anyone with the required amount of mesos will be able to purchase these items. And second, this implementation could serve as a price control for MapleLegends moving forward.

As the are new solutions, there will also be new problems we can forsee coming.

Problem #1: Mages are the power farmers for mesos and, by doing this, will only further cause maplers to resort to quad mages strategy until they are able to fund their future attackers.

Answer #1: I feel that this has been a long existing issue that staff has been trying to fix. There are two ways I could see this getting balanced. First, by reducing the earnings of a mage. And, Secondly, increasing raw mesos profits for profits. Personally, I prefer the latter I believe that the game should reward players for whatever play style they prefer to play with. Just as some people enjoy the pleasures of defeating a hard boss, there are also players who cannot afford to sit in front of a computer game for 2+ hours straight due to their real life duties.

Problem #2: By making WS and CS purchasable using mesos, it would propel maplers faster to end game.

Answer #2: Although this might be slightly mitigated by carefully adjusting WS and CS prices, I feel that this is unavoidable. But I do not believe this is bad for a player either. I feel that a multidimensional game such as MapleLegends should be more than making a character to lvl 200 or spending years to make a single perfect weapon. By slightly speeding up the pace for classes, it'll open up new opportunities for new and old players alike. Better endgame gears could translate to more new contents being introduce, whether it be new bosses or new training spots.

As a final note, I would like to thank you for taking your time to review my comments.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hchaos

Hchaos Slime

Nov 29, 2020
    Male
    12:48 PM
    Hchaos
    Bishop
    Stepbros
    This is an awsome idea and all but how does it help the players that are not end game and still trying hard to get there i have said this multiple times but mid game maps like cwk and temple of times should realy get a droprate up specially on scrolls so players have more of a reason to grind them it feels so unfulfilling to work hard to make it to those maps and to realize u get no returns for that hard work yea u get something every now and then but alot of people don't even bother with it u guys added portals to temple of time (awsome job on that btw) but I feel like that's just the tip of the iceberg maps like cwk TT neo should feel more rewarding coin system is again a great idea but what about the people that can't do those contents?

3. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Not sure which bosses will drop coins but zak/krex are major mid game bosses. I would even argue 12-man HT are run by mid game players and I assume HT would drop coins if this system is implemented. You're addressing a separate issue which is farm-ability of non-meta maps (although Memory Lane 5 is pretty meta in ToT) and I agree with you there. One thing that would be nice would be to introduce a lot of gacha-locked 30/70% scrolls into the drop table of mobs but i think this would be digressing from the point of this thread.

4. Rex Liau

Rex Liau Blue Snail

Feb 8, 2021
    Male
    12:48 AM
    xRexing
    Dark Knight
    Fraternity
    In my opinion, i believe that this coin system is great might help solve bossing rewards issues, most of the high leveled players goes bossing in hopes of good drops and getting fat splits.

HT for example, runs in 12/10/6 party composition and once you're in the party its 2run and about 3-4 hour of commitment depending on how fast the runs are.

i think the coin system might be beneficial as it is better to get coins as a guaranteed drops where the host may sell for Mesos assuming the boss drops prestige coins. However, This mean that players will be getting more Mesos which also may lead to the increase of prices other than WS/CS.

The coin system will definitely help Veteran Players but may not help new players as much. If the goal is to make bossing in general more profitable then the coin system will definitely help.

I like to suggest that the coins are to be made so that everybody gets them like NT coins. however if it is done this way many people will bring in mules to ht in order to farm these coins, so to stop this from happening, what can be done is to only allow one client in the "Boss" room like what is done during the anniversary PBPQ and Puff Daddy.

I believe this will make bossing change as well such as people selling afk service to getting their mule a boss equipment, but classes such as Buccs or Bishops cant be multi-cliented so they will be able to find bossing slot easier.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Eldric

Eldric Slime

Mar 2, 2019
    Male
    Eldric
    Bishop
    Well it seems like I am quite late to this thread so not gonna say much (everything I write has probably been covered by the last 14 pages of replies).

I am indifferent towards this system but I predict several outcomes if this system is implemented :

1) Prestigious coins become the next currency/store of value for bossers. There will be some kind of informal exchange rate between coins and mesos, just like the one we have for WS/CS and mesos right now. If there is insufficient coins per member of the party then the coins will be sold off for mesos which will be split between members.

2) There is a possibility that a new meta might appear - people creating multiple characters to boss. Of course this is not easy but if its very profitable people will certainly do it instead of selling leech or farming which I think is one the main purpose of this new system.

3) Points 1 and 2 completely depending on two things. The number of prestigious coins needed for 1 WS/CS and the drop rate of the coins. Both of which I think should be carefully tweaked by the GMs to achieve a good balance between farming and bossing classes and keep the game healthy for end game/mid game/beginner players.

• Useful Useful x 2
  6. Maplemaple

Maplemaple Orange Mushroom

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Priest
    Slam expiration date on em. Use or lose.. or sell. Maybe its time to increase the availability of these items. Could be a part of nt boss drops or make them slightly more easier to obtain during events? Idk. People already hit end game while these scrolls were cheaper. No doubt its alot harder to upgrade gears nowadays since theyre so pricey and idt it solely has to do with more ppl reaching that end game status since im pretty sure ppl already AT end game still wanna get better shit as well. Its always been on demand and will continue to be. Passing them is all about rng anyway right? Its all gamble. You can be a trillionaire but without luck youll lose it all. Maybe remove some yakisobas from rare gach? It wouldnt hurt to "up" the availability of these scrolls by a little bit more. Im not saying hand em out like candies but making them slightly less difficult to obtain wouldnt significantly drop the prices and crash the market either. I feel like somebodys gonna find a way to be a smartass about this coin system and ultimately will lead to similar issue. Its the individual human greed by nature. Why is there a need to create a new form of currency when there is meso? Why not just increase max meso capacity in inv / storage? Having coins drop from bosses isnt different from having these scrolls drop from bosses. They can hold onto apples or some shit if they dont wanna hold meso. Less complication

7. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I feel like Prestigious Coins could make or break the game, this seems really good on paper albeit a different server also did something in regards to this and they aren't a server anymore.

There should be a better alternative to something similar to this but I don't believe this is the right step in that direction, after reading where I left off it seems to be sort of a double-edged sword.

I really enjoy MapleLegends as a server and want to see it flourish and I'm sure others feel the same.

8. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    CS now 200m. Can CS be part of this system?
    Throw in GFA 30/70/60s too pls.

9. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    i just think this is a pointless solution to tackle the ws/cs situation, nevertheless its a good + for bossing and thats more than welcomed over multiple mage muling to farm meso and gach (a few hours of farming can earn meso worth 1 ws/cs and the gach possibility). As u can see, ws/cs are easily inflated in prices and this change is perceived as a way to drive them back down and at the same time increase quantity (coins) in server, but u're forgetting how bossing is a limited daily instance compared to farming meso and it's superiority. Sure we may see a drop in prices and increase in quantity after launch, but i'm pretty sure the meso farmers will be back buying up the scrolls (coins) and raising its prices yet again.

But still, u guys are avoiding the main issue of sweaty mule mages being too attractive as compared to boss runs for ws/cs even with the loot nerf. rather than doing weird nerfs such as meso loot only available for killer, u shld limit mages multi clienting. By doing so, there would be less generation of meso in the server and less purchasing power, and most likely leading to a drop in prices in the long run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Aimerrhythm

Aimerrhythm Horny Mushroom

Feb 17, 2020
    Banan1ce
    Hero
    请gm直接介入控制价格谢谢
    比如cs/ws/bwg/gfa30%
    在这样下去要变成R服了

11. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    As CS price is slowly approaching the price of WS...
    Is this a sign that both of them can now be pegged to the same coin?

12. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    7:48 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    If you look at the main post, it included CS.

13. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    5:48 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Yes but pegging them on the same coin is bad since both have their own market price that should be able to change individually

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    3:48 AM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    May I ask which strategy will earn 1ws/cs every few hours? And how many ppl have the multitasking ability, skill and patience to do this strategy for any reasonable period of time?

Makes perfect economic sense in theory, but there are just too many other factors in play to precisely identify multi mage farming as the main culprit (look at ws/cs price after sweeper nerfs).
    The condition of ceteris paribus doesn't hold true when put in a real life context.

Imo, there just isn't enough players earning >40m/hr to significantly singlehandedly cause the prices to increase.

15. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Yes. I do know that.
    There was an initial concern that CS and WS have their own seperate demand/supply that it would be wrong to peg both is the same coin, since then the coin will be always related to the price of the higher valued item.
    Now with the CS price pretty close to the WS price, such concern is more or less gone.

• Like Like x 1
  16. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    People in hopes of ws/cs would fail and the individual would go and owl and search for more ws/cs and if that person is a multi-mage meso farmer it puts other players at a disadvantage when purchasing them.

Having the supply on demand basically there for only the meso farmer (multi-mage) to only be able to afford it lets other players not have enough, would give the player an incentive to make multi-mages to meso farm if its been nerfed or not.

Some people with an MU mule would be incredibly sweaty about mesos that they wouldn't sell leech because the meso would go towards the leechers, and decide to farm meso solo.

The reason sweepers were nerfed was because it wasn't fair to the player base that didn't have multiple mages and have the APM(Actions Per Minute) to control 3 if not 4 mages or more along with a sweeper at once, with the amount of raw meso it gives is completely broken.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. boon

boon Mano

Jun 21, 2020
    BuccLah
    Buccaneer
    Crowns
    i think there is a misconception on the raw meso generated with multimage farming, you can attempt to try it yourself and see its not so outrageous as 30m/hr, thats my personal experience alongside with some other multimage farmers.

and also regarding about the point on unfairness, whats stopping anybody else from making mages and farm themselves? it's not unfair if they have the ability, its just unwillingness stopping them

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    What's broken is hoarding and merc-ing. GFA 30 be 30m pls.

19. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Haha yeah let's not inplement this hugely beneficial change for bossers because it doesn't do enough to nerf the 5 people that sweat their asses off for 40m/hr.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Keep in mind that single client mages got hit the hardest with the sweeper change, not the multi mages.

• Like Like x 1