1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New thief player self-washing journey 2022

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Traveler_Z, Jul 2, 2022.

1. OP
    OP
    Traveler_Z

Traveler_Z Mano

Jul 1, 2022
    Male
    9:27 AM
    TravelerZach
    Assassin
    Day 9:
    • Play time today: 3 hours
    • Total play time: 17 hours
    • Thanks Nightz777Nightz777 and flowflow for your comments. Yes I do think that might be a bit too early, but I am still not sure when to stop adding int. I feel I need some time to consider the pattern.
    • Did a few quests to level up.
      • Hope the Weird Medicine is helpful!
    Picture15.png
    • First time travelling to deep ant tunnel
    Picture16.png
    • Helped Alex to communicate with his father.
    Picture17.png

Next steps:
    • Save mesos and enjoy travelling!

• Great Work Great Work x 5
  2. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    4:27 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    this is me recalling from memory, on doing maths few months ago, so it will be an estimate of some sort.

if u have 120 base int, and mp wash 500 times, you should have roughly 13k hp at lvl 150-160 or so.

anyone who has done math, or is willing to do. will be glad if u will help out or correct me. here's some rough maths for it:

base hp with no washing: ~3k without washing at lvl 140
    500 fresh ap, 100 levels.
    500 * 10 = 5000mp
    5000 / 12 * 20 = 8.3k hp
    8.3k + 3k base = 11.3k hp
    11.3k + 500 MoN + 1k T10 = 12.8k hp

havemt include the given spare mp. and i guess if u level up afew more times to lvl 170ish, u can hit 14-15k hp if u keep washing mp

3. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    5:27 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    its not 20 hp per wash, its 16 (18 avg if u hp wash using fresh ap method);
    mon gives 300 hp;
    u should consider pet equips and elin ring;
    u should consider how much hp ull get from lv140 that you made the math until 200, which is around 1800 if ur 3000 hp base at 140 is correct (or consider at least the 18x hp base)

anyway it seems to me not efficient but would need more time for this calcs later.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:27 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Haha, when mp washing 500 times became the norm. Time to quit the server.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    either do that or play a mage :'(

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Fix

Fix Slime

Dec 27, 2021
    Male
    Sondre
    Shadower
    Nimbus
    Great thread and great layout on the journal! Looking good so far, and I am looking forward to more content.

Would it not be faster to MP wash with higher INT than 500 times with 120 INT?
    Quick math on top of my head to explain:
    A) 120 INT * 500 MP washes = ~5000 MP
    B) 240 INT * 228 MP washes = ~5016 MP
    Option A requires 116+500=616 APRs.
    Option B requires 236+228=468 APRs.

I guess you could argue that your character is more playable with less INT, but the 148 APR difference for MP washing seems significant in terms for days of voting (over 2 months?).

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Yeah I fully agree. Playability definitely a factor, but spending 500 APR on mp washing with 120 int feels wasteful, unless you have 5m NX laying around for no reason.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    True, but based on the first post, I assumed he wont be leeching.

9. OP
    OP
    Traveler_Z

Traveler_Z Mano

Jul 1, 2022
    Male
    TravelerZach
    Assassin
    Day 10:
    • Play time today: 2 hours
    • Total play time: 19 hours
    • Thanks Cak33Cak33, faelfael, AinzAinz and FixFix for your calculation, feedback and suggestion.
    • Completed Monster book first page!
    Picture18.png
    • Hunting mushrooms!
    Picture19.png

Next steps:
    • Ludi PQ, but my accuracy might be a problem. I should max claw mastery first for that 20 accuracy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Traveler_Z

Traveler_Z Mano

Jul 1, 2022
    Male
    TravelerZach
    Assassin
    Day 11:
    • Play time today: 4 hours (added up last week in total)
    • Total play time: 23 hours
    • It was very interesting when I prepared to travel to Ludi and found the ride would be free. Is that unique to Legends?
    Picture20.png
    Picture21.png
    • Well....I do not want to admit that, but I died for the first time when doing the thief portal in Ludi PQ (cancelled dark sight by attack by mistake).
    Picture23.png
    Picture22.png

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Traveler_Z

Traveler_Z Mano

Jul 1, 2022
    Male
    TravelerZach
    Assassin
    Hi everyone. The update on recharging and cider price increasing are indeed disappointing to a starter.

If I want to contribute as much as I can in LPQ, I almost cannot gain any profit. However, I still think I need to use cider + Ilbi to perform as an average attacker, rather than sort of 'leeching' and taking advantage of my teammates. I would wait for a while and see how things would go.

Picture24.png

Another thing is that I heard some negative comments on the easy life of Night Lord and its dependency to archers, which makes me kinda want to remake to other ranged classes. Also, assassins are too popular based on the new statistics? Being a crossbowman or gunslinger seems more unique. I am a bit lost on this question tbh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    What do YOU want to play. Don’t play a class OTHERS want you to play.

its that simple of a question tbh

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Fix

Fix Slime

Dec 27, 2021
    Male
    Sondre
    Shadower
    Nimbus
    A lot of people play NL because they like the class, and that just proves it's a well designed class.

Don't lean to much into being unique, focus on enjoying yourself.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    It just proves people like easy big dpm :^)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    4:27 AM
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    You're doing really well so far! With that much Int early on you have a bright future ahead of you.

I wouldn't worry too much about an NL's dependency on archers. If you're ONLY looking to play this game solo, there isn't a lot of solo-able content anyways. The only things I can think of are grinding (which is terrible for NLs), and maybe solo Pap or Rav. Regardless, you'll want an HS mule of your own and then you might as well make an SE mule too.

Most party content will recruit an archer anyways since NLs are so prominent, so you won't be the only person dependent on archers.

Go with the playstyle that suits you best. MM and Corsairs take considerably more brain power than NLs (managing snipe cd and boat hp). NL is nice and relaxing. Hold Triple Throw and watch your Shadow Star buff duration. Go with what suits you!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  16. OP
    OP
    Traveler_Z

Traveler_Z Mano

Jul 1, 2022
    Male
    TravelerZach
    Assassin
    Day 12:
    • Play time since last update: 22 hours (~66 LPQ)
    • Total play time: 45 hours
    • Thanks all my teammates in LPQ!
    • I camped in LPQ until 51 and got 3 broken glasses. It seems that broken glasses is the best clean eye accessory for thieves, so I plan to save some for possible future scrolling.
    Picture25.png
    • I feel happy that I can 2-hit mobs within my level range while steadily build up extra mp, and I am looking forward to travelling around the Maple World.
    Next steps:
    • Now it is the time for summer point farming. I plan to do a few quests and farm monster cards in the summer event period.

• Like Like x 2
  17. chano

chano Mano

Sep 23, 2022
    4:27 AM

Is "fresh HP wash" when you level up and have excess mana so you add into HP then take out of mana and add into a stat?

Is this only possible once you have natural base int or int equips in order to get the initial extra mana? So fresh AP wash starting after 2nd probably? I'm still trying to understand and learn HP wash and want to begin a journey very similar to OP soon

18. Fix

Fix Slime

Dec 27, 2021
    Male
    Sondre
    Shadower
    Nimbus
    Yes, kinda.

There is two different kinds of HP washing: Fresh and Stale.
    Fresh washing is when you take Fresh AP (the ones from level up) and put it into HP. This gives a range of HP depending on job. Thief/Archer as an example, it gives 16-20 HP per AP (18 average). The process of removing the AP from MP and put into your main stat does not need to be done right away, and if you do not do this right away you have essentially blood washed (adding AP into HP without removing it, kind of a "third" way of HP washing).
    Stale washing is when you take an AP from your MP and put it into HP. This always gives (for Theif/Archer) the minimum HP: 16. In order to do this you need to already have the bonus MP, and given that you have enough MP you can continue doing this indefinitely.

To recap, you only have a set amount of Fresh AP. To get the most possible HP you want to MP wash with fresh AP and stale wash your MP into HP. For lower HP goals you can save some NX by Fresh HP washing, since you get more HP per APR (AP Reset).

• Like Like x 1