1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New to being a Perma Beginner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zeroxlr, Oct 14, 2020.

1. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    7:26 PM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    I everyone!

I'm starting a perma beginner, and its my first time!

I read lots of different guides, and not sure how to allocate AP.

Apparently, the best AP allocation for Unfunded/Semi-funded Beginners:

Base:
    60 - 80 AP --> Dex
    Rest of AP --> Str
    20 - 30 AP --> HP

Additional AP Allocation after Base:
    4 Str and 1 HP

This is contentious, since most Perma Beginner Guides only push beginners to lvl 100, then suggest beginners to leech.

The Non-Leech Perma Beginner guides suggest Str + HP allocation after the Dex, to be able to survive Zakum for the Z-Helm, and being able to eventually survive high level bosses/mobs.

For the equips, most of the guides have suggested to Scroll into Dex / HP / W.Atk.

I'm not sure what to do with Training Grounds past lvl100, although it is suggested in the guides to keep killing mobs that give enough EXP and still survive.

My IGN: BuBuSnuggles @ lvl30

I attached my stats. Currently using a Frozen Tuna and Blue Old Wisconsin.

For Reference:
    https://mapleroyals.com/forum/threads/disorienteds-permanent-beginner-guide.67505/

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/permbeginners/adam-39-s-perma-beginner-guide-t411.html

https://obsidian.shivtr.com/forum_threads/103599

https://forums.mapletip.com/index.php?/topic/139169-readers-extraordinary-permanent-beginner-guide/

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. braidgame

braidgame Pac Pinky

Jun 21, 2015
    Pluto
    10:26 AM
    Outside
    Beginner
    Flow
    Yo a new perma beginner! Welcome!
    Many perma beginners here are just leeching their way to lv120 or even more though, but there are still a few ppl like me self-grinding to level up.

I recommend you can read Slime's Comprehensive Permanent Beginner Guide first.
    It's the best guide for new perma beginner training in Maplelegends.

If you are interested in PQ, you can go to HPQ, KPQ, LPQ ... any PQ you want as long as there are ppls want PQ, it's probably the easy way for non-leeching to level I think so?

You don't need to worry about past lv100 stuff since it's hard to tell a non-leeching perma beginner could stay active after lv70 (it's quite hard but doable), lemme know ur discord id if you want to know more.

GL on noob life!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles

Yay!! Thank you!

I'm inspired by your blog and posts about Perma Beginner Life!

I didn't know that it gets harder to level around lvl70, although I did see in a few guides that my Frozen Tuna could only push me to lvl70, then drop off after that.

This is my current grinding areas, and starting to slow abit. Probably going to switch spots when I get to level 40.

upload_2020-10-14_10-27-36.png

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed that your base stats are high in Dex!!

I'm interested in your high base Dex, since I found a mini forum that talks about how 150 accuracy is for Endgame Farming:

https://mapleroyals.com/forum/threads/how-much-acc-is-needed.127661/
    upload_2020-10-14_10-37-23.png

Seems like about 10dex/8acc = Ndex/150acc --> 187.5dex

So about 188 Dex is need to get to 150 Acc without equips or buffs to be able to hit everything at the end?

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking of doing the AP distribution: 3str/1dex/1hp

Then capping at: 4str/150dex/1hp

At level 100: 325str/150dex/25hp worth of AP

Question: Is this AP allocation strong enough in DMG?

Using the calculation: let Pole-Arm multiplier = 5.0, frozen tuna = 94 weapon attack
    Max_Dmg_Range = [(str * Pole-Arm) + dex] * weapon attack / 100

[(325str * 5.0) + 150dex] * 94 / 100 = 1,668.5 range @ lvl100

It seems like 2million = Dmg_Range_Cap ? (below):
    https://ol.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/3e9n3i/can_an_beginner_hit_cap/

4. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    10:26 PM
    DMsRebirth
    I don't think getting enough HP to survive zakum is worth it any more since there are now afk runs that can keep ressing you through until zak is dead.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    a perma beginner is strongest when you have a bishop mule to leech u.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. braidgame

braidgame Pac Pinky

Jun 21, 2015
    Pluto
    Outside
    Beginner
    Flow
    In my experience, I would like to use other common weapon such as surfboard, snowboard or red whip(1-handed-sword weapon) when hitting lv3x or lv4x.
    Since the attack speed is the problem for perma beginner, we don't have "booster" skill for pumping up attack speed.
    A nice-scrolled lv45 surfboard, like a 80wa one, I think the dpm of surfboard would outperform tuna's.

That's because I want to uplift my low damage cap since we don't have weapon mastery skill.

That depends on how you define "hit everything at the end".
    Currently I believe the best end-game mobs for perma beginner to grind with is Fancy Amplifier.
    Let's assume you are already lv74, the 100% hit formula is : (55+2*lvl difference)*mob avoid/15.
    So the accuracy you need is 55*37/15 = about 135.7, which means when your accuracy reach 136, their is no miss pop up when grinding it.
    136/0.8 = 170 Dex; although you don't need that much Dex, I think 80~120 Dex is fine enough. Depends on your late game equips though.

Not that strong but the damage would be a little stable.
    Str weighs very much is the formula, so try to add more Str and use weapon attack 100+ polearm to deal more dmg.

The max damage cap here is 199,999 I think.
    The link you provide is post big bang stuff.

Agree, now zakum service is more convenient. If you can't find a afk runs, you can borrow some hp equips to help you survive this.

The perma beginner in maple island reaches lv70 is the strongest.MapleF5

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    oh! I didn't know! Thank you! haha

This is actually my only character at the moment. I also read up about HP washing today too, and made a second perma beginner for HP Washing!

So... hopefully I didn't waste too much time investing in my perma beginner without learning the game mechanics first haha

RegalStarRegalStar
    What's a Zakum AFK run? Is it possible to do without needing to pay mesos for it?

cakesogoodcakesogood
    Leech as in like two clients running at the same time, and use the mule to give exp? or Leeching, as in to make mesos for the perma beginner?

8. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Afk zakum run means you go in and die, the service providers resurrect you over and over until zak dies and you can collect your helmet.

Market price is 15m. You could theoretically get it free if you are close friends with a squad strong enough to run afk zak, but if you dont have such connections (and are unlikely to do so by level 50 on your first character) then I'd say get the mesos ready.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    braidgamebraidgame
    Since I'm going unfunded with the mesos from drops, its it possible to HP Wash to get the desired HP of 3k to survive Zakum 1, and at the same time reach the 80-100dex range and still have lots leftover for str by the time I hit lvl100?

I'm currently trying the 40-80INT (base) method of HP Washing, as noted in the guide:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/slimes-comprehensive-permanent-beginner-guide.9513/

Or should I try for MAX-int HP Washing up to the desired stats, then wait for the daily votes so I can AP Reset the INT back to STR?

I was able to get my current Frozen Tuna from a friend, but they aren't on often haha

10. braidgame

braidgame Pac Pinky

Jun 21, 2015
    Pluto
    Outside
    Beginner
    Flow
    Depends on what level you want to get a zakum helmet. The lowest level for zakum quest is lv50. It's near impossible for perma beginner reach 3k HP in lv50 except for madness MP wash and then HP wash, or just have godly HP equips to boost HP.
    Also, you only need 2.1k HP to survive in zakum, but need Hyper Body though.
    As xadra said that afk zakum service is 15m, you can earn it before lv50 I guess, not that hard though.

Another common HP gear is Monster Ring, and you can do it as perma beginner. It takes time to complete a set but still doable.
    Or make your own HP gears when you have some extra mesos.

Sure but you need some calculation first and btw if you wants to do all Int wash, I strongly recommend you play a bishop first.
    It will be a lot more easier, or it should be very hard and frustrating.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    3:26 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I've been reading this thread and want to suggest you to :

1) Don't Bloodwash your perma beginner (higher HP ain't worth it to survive zakum) just buy an AFK zhelm run it's like 10-15m nowadays anyway (cheap af)
    2) Beginner needs 80int iirc to wash (in profit) so I'd say stick those HP APs into INT.
    3) Keep your DEX low, you don't need 60... heck 40/50 is good enough, when you're higher level you'll be farming 24/7 nightmares in haunted mansion... so you'll have a stockpile of acc potions, dw about it.
    4) Given you have lower DEX pump that into INT (if you want more HP on long run... but meh not worth it)

bonus:
    5) You can most likely easily get to tier 5/6 monster ring (I suggest looking for sku shadower journal where he grinds out loads of mobs to get tier 10 fast... iirc by lvl 90 he had tier 10 or something)

edit : when Slime agrees with your post <3

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    4:26 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Yeah I agree, 40-50 dex is probably enough, if you ever get to higher levels you'll want even less. Scroll for accuracy where possible and have high str.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I re-did some calculations related to HP Washing a beginner.
    Tell me if I'm wrong but

HP Level UP = +14 || MP Level UP = +11
    From AP Reset => HP Gain = +10 || MP Loss = -8

That means that, to possibly wash once per level you'd need a minimum of 80 INT (gear or base)
    If you were to pull 10 INT (dice roll) and put +5 INT until you get 80 base INT... you'll gain 800HP by lvl 90

So that means that you'll have 2.2k by lvl 90... not gonna lie... it's not worth it (given you have to AP reset all INT and washes) and it would cost over 500k NX to clean all this up.

If I were you I'd put a maximum of 20 INT (lvl 1 to 3 only INT)... it won't hurt your gameplay and would mean you gain +10HP every 3lvls, of course it's not much but on the long run it would mean like 150-200 more HP at higher lvl.

Increase your HP range by farming cards, one thing that the Slime guide doesn't have (because back in 2016 there was no mob cards to farm) you'll easily get +500 / +600 by lvl 70

brb looking at sku thread and editing this for showcase

edit : so yeah, you can basically farm tier 5 by lvl 60ish (lotsa mobs) and by lvl 80 have a tier 7/8 (hard as beginner)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    braidgamebraidgame
    Cool!! Okay, so for the Bishop, is it like a cleric and just do the usual skill sets for it or a special one?
    I also looked into the Free Market place, and not sure what to do to sell good stuff.
    What are some common items that are easy to sell for money? Should I save up Vote Cash to buy a shop?

MottoMotto
    Oh! Good idea! So, not AP into HP --> AP into INT only (up to 80int), then stick to 40dex with acc potions + the monster journal for HP ring?
    For the Wash with (80int), would I then pump only into STR for higher dmg range?

15. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I wouldn't suggest HP Washing at all as a perma begginer, you're not gaining much for that amount of NX you have to put in

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    4:26 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    All true, I personally did 30 base int, and tried to level up with int gear when possible, and I reset all of it back to strength when I got to around level 60, cause I couldn't see myself get my no-party Beginner much farther than that.
    Also about Monster Book Ring, it's much harder than you probably think it is, for a Beginner. :x

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    SlimeSlime
    Ooo!! That makes more sense! Is the Dexless/Pure Str Build as good as good as the base 40dex Build, after using the acc potions?
    Is putting AP into HP necessary after lvl +100, or just keep going with Str?

18. braidgame

braidgame Pac Pinky

Jun 21, 2015
    Pluto
    Outside
    Beginner
    Flow
    Dexless/Pure Str Build is for funded perma beginner when you have another meso-making mule.
    The highest damage cap for Dexless/Pure Str Build is larger than base 40dex Build indeed.

About after lv100+ things, I recommend you get through lv70 first then we can talk about it.MapleF18

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. braidgame

braidgame Pac Pinky

Jun 21, 2015
    Pluto
    Outside
    Beginner
    Flow
    Yup, for me now I only reach Tier 2 monster ring.
    It takes more time for perma beginner to complete.

Having another hand to help would be easier, but self-collecting is much more fun.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    • Like Like x 1