1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New to Old School MS

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Fix, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Fix

Fix Slime

Dec 27, 2021
    Male
    11:15 AM
    Sondre
    Shadower
    Nimbus
    Hey guys!

I'm Mooph.
    I have been playing MapleStory a lot, on and off since pre Big Bang (mega noob though).
    I have been contemplating to try out an Old School server several times, and now I have decided to go for it. After some research, this server (MapleLegends) seems to be exactly what I am looking for.

Before I start, I do have a couple of questions in regards to choosing a class, funding and the state of the server.

I am thinking of playing either Shadower or Bowmaster, as these best represents classes I have played in the past (chief bandit/mercedes/wind archer/dual blade).
    My question is then, how are players distributed among the classes (in general, not only in respect to these two) on the server? With this, I am generally asking "How easy is it to fund LUK/DEX characters?"

Secondly, I am considering to start out by making a Bishop. My thought here is to start of by gaining some easy money to fund the characters, or if this is unnecessary. Thoughts?

Lastly, as I am brand new to this whole shebang, I am looking for a friendly community and guild. Please reach out if you got room for a lonely newbie on your buddy list or guild.

Mooph

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    Welcome Mooph!

I suggest just diving into it, a Shadower is an excellent choice for a first character and so is making a Bishop.

Don't forget to vote for NX (and even making a secondary account, for your bishop, to vote on as well). You will thank yourself later.

There's a lot of odd and overwhelming things for a noob with these old school servers that will soon become evident... like HP washing and leech for example. All unfamiliar to me when I started. You will learn about that as you go and there's a lot of resources here on the forums about all that stuff, check out the guide section.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Fix

Fix Slime

Dec 27, 2021
    Male
    Sondre
    Shadower
    Nimbus
    Great!
    Thanks for the replies. I'll work on a shadower and a bishop alt then! Looking forward to getting started. :)
    See you in game.

4. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    5:15 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    5:15 AM
    Vibin
    Beginner
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. S_tieralbum

S_tieralbum Brown Teddy

Jul 17, 2021
    7:15 PM
    Dragon Knight
    I would say ideally don't do bowmaster first if you plan on playing for a while. Shadower is a very good first choice, behind mages and warriors

7. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    2:15 AM
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Best way is to get your hands dirty. Don't worry about hp washing and adding int. Focus first on learning the game :D GL~

8. 0000

0000 Slime

Jan 4, 2022
    12:15 PM
  9. OP
    OP
    Fix

Fix Slime

Dec 27, 2021
    Male
    Sondre
    Shadower
    Nimbus
    TTE="0000, post: 295455, member: 52117"]Welcome SlimeSmile[/QUOTE]
    Thanks!
    I believe we've PQ'd together, my current IGN's Chedi. :)

• Like Like x 1