1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New World

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by xxS4suk3x93, Jun 30, 2017.

1. xxS4suk3x93

xxS4suk3x93 Blue Snail

May 5, 2015
    Male
    10:30 AM
    xxS4suk3x93
    Bowman
    So MapleLegends has gotten a HUGE boost in popularity lately. It feels like it is rising everyday. I remember seeing a thread suggesting a 2nd world like a year or two ago but many people agreed we had to wait a while and needed a bigger population. I think it's big enough now, and with a new world it would attract even more new players. Honestly it's not like it would ruin the population of the 'original' world as right now we literally have 1k players.

Yes, I am saying this because I want to start fresh. But take that as a compliment. I wouldn't want to start fresh on any other server. They are all buggy, with shit rates, or underpopulated. I think there is something here.

• Disagree Disagree x 16
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    9:30 AM
    Paladin
    no

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    8:30 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    As discussed on some of those other threads, I think a new world would only be a good idea right now if that new world had significantly different settings. For example: even lower rates. Stupid high rates. Lots of custom things. Way different skill changes. Permadeath.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. seemslegit

seemslegit Mushmom

Apr 23, 2017
    Male
    12:30 AM
    Asura
    Night Lord
    wipe hype

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Brie

Brie Mushmom

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    Tundra
    I/L Arch Mage
    Influence
    I'm new here, but I agree. A new world would be nice for those just starting, especially in such high numbers, to shape the economy and actually achieve something on the rankings too. Of course all things considered, it would be a lot more work on the admins.

i think the rates should stay the same barring drop rate at x2 and exp x3 for just a week. When regular MS opened new worlds, drop rates and exp would be x2 for the first week or so to help people get through the grind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    4:30 PM
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    Permadeath seems legit!!! OnionAdore though I think the exp/drop/ rate would be upped so the it would be a little forgiving early on.

7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    7:30 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    i think they should just add more channels to this world.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Multiple worlds has been tried by many private servers bigger than us, and they failed all the time.

Not going to happen anytime soon.

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Spooky

Spooky Brown Teddy

Mar 27, 2015
    3:30 PM
    It splits the playerbase, so unless there's like 3k+ players on one server and it's increasing at a generous rate, it wouldn't be optimal.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    People said the same argument, "oh it'll split the player base!" ... when this server was but 1/10th of the population it is now!

If we have 3k players, people will still say this garbage. So if there would be a good time to have a new world, now is as good as any. Of course, I don't expect one now, now, because to make a new world server that actually serves some purpose, I assume that would take months of planning and implementing.

11. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Ellinia tried one with 2500 users.

Basically, 500 went there, rest stayed. Second world died after wipe hype happened (like your traditional new server), and second world got closed. If we ever get a second world, it needs to be very different. Making a very different second world however takes time again, which will be taken from world 1's time. So yeah, not easy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Nah, a world sort of like Reboot would be pretty sick tho but the community just isnt big enough and no private server will ever be big enough to be able to succeed in something like this.

13. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    both legends and royals will probs open a new world if that v1 server supposedly coming in august garners a bunch of attention in an attempt to cuck them and prevent a third successful lowrate from popping up

14. Exiled

Exiled Horny Mushroom

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    10:30 AM
    Exile
    Chief Bandit
    Wow people actually know about that server? :eek:

Anyway, I think the issue with having multiple worlds is simply the player count. At least from what I could glean, it would seem that the channel limit back in the day was ~1200 users- if we assume for the sake of argument that channel 1 is full and all the others are half full in a 20-channel world, that is well over 10000 players, and is presumably close to the amount Scania had before Broa released. The 2500 that Ellinia had, then, would still be far too little. IMO, a second world would only be worthwhile in a server with at least 10k online players at any given time.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Idk about 10k, maybe 30k ish

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    People can stay on the old one if they want, people can try the new one or migrate to it if they want, the new server should also attract completely new players, and overall it shouldn't negatively impact the old server. Just because a server's population decreases by a bit, that doesn't mean it's Doomsday.

But I don't get what the Ellinia server has to do with anything however. After ML's opening hype, we had a dead period of like a year, population was only like 50 online at a time at one point, there have been several DDoS attacks. We've gotten through all those problems, so to say that the new server will die soon after opening and then the old one will follow suit is just laughable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    Islander
  18. seemslegit

seemslegit Mushmom

Apr 23, 2017
    Male
    12:30 AM
    Asura
    Night Lord
    new world where players can't trade and gain other players equip meso and only from self looted/npced,

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Bontinator

Bontinator Slime

Apr 26, 2017
    Male
    Netherlands
    Oxylus
    Assassin
    Hogwarts
    I would be interested in this. New world will give something to new players to strive for.

20. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    10:30 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Solo self found in maple would be hilarious and entertaining. People would be stuck on using level 40 equips available from shops for so long!

Experimental extra worlds sound very fun to me.