1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New World

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Fiona, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Distance

Distance Dark Stone Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    11:04 PM
    This.

In addition, I want to add that people on private servers (especially, low rate, and this one specifically) tend to acquire the fantasy that they should have a place in the top rankings because the community is small. I wish people would diminish of this fantasy and understand that the game does not revolve around their butts once there are more than 50 players online regularly at once.

The majority here have been asking for a wipe for the wrong reasons - because they want to be the elite (egoism). This perhaps may be understandable in a small community, but in a large community, a GMS-like community, it isn't possible for everyone to be satisfied with their rank. You could clearly see that on GMS, the top ranks were less than a millionth of the population. Were the rest "Nobodies" for this reason? Does this cancel their private experience of the game? No. Everyone still played, in fact, most of the stories you hear about the old maple won't be from Tiger, Suuushi or FangBlade (Has anyone ever even read/heard a monologue by them?). Suppose you walk around in the street and see an ad for a pizza company with insanely attractive people digging into its pizza, would you now tell yourself "Man, I'm not going to have any pizza for the rest of my life. I used to love getting myself a slice of pizza, but now that these beautiful bastards ate one and got featured on a commercial doing so, I'm moving to a different country where I might get the chance to be featured on an ad for eating.". Heck, do you ever think of killing yourself because you're not as rich as Bill Gates? The privilege to be features on the top 20 (economically or ranking-wise) shouldn't be the reason to play the game (or, to quit the game). You can still enjoy your slice of pizza even if others have had a hundred before you.

In this regard, a correct reason to be asking for wipe is to have the rules changed to be more fair, or fun. For example, the fact that you can multi-client and thus leech yourself. This was not possible in GMS. Leeching yourself is wrong imo because it disconnects the community from you for most of your maple career.

• Like Like x 15
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:04 PM
    Moderator Post
    This was especially the case in OpenMaple. Thankfully to that server I have learnt again how some users are.

I wish I could tell you guys what our plans are for future, but its similar as Nintendo example not releasing info on their new console. There's competitors out there and some servers has directly ripped in our .wz files or simply took ideas before we could make it a reality. Some may think the competition between MapleStory servers isn't really serious, but sadly (and I wish it was much less than it is now) it is.

We have plans, and we slowly build towards it, and I know you guys want info and what (transparency), but unfortunately I cannot give it at this point due to above reasons.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 14
  3. Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    4:04 PM
    Vith
    White Knight
    Since we're headed into a serious discussion, I'll add some thought into this as well. First off, I agree with what was said before. A lot of players want a wipe, but not necessarily for the right reasons. If a wipe happened, or a new world opened, it would only hurt the players in the long run — effectively indirectly killing the server. The forums are also the vocal minority of players, not for each player collectively.

• Like Like x 2
  4. PuureDank

PuureDank King Slime

Feb 7, 2016
    Male
    3:04 PM
    I robustly diverge, a new world would potentially be pernicious and would further ravage the population as it is already erroneous enough. The population would just asunder and thus, leave both servers deserted. To be honest, there is no expeditious solution as of right now since the aforementioned propositions would ultimately bring us back to the same position. We need to all tranquillize and just let the GM's do their jobs because I know they have an exquisite plan for us.

*I do however, believe that improved advertisement of our own server would prove to be beneficial. For example, if all players can start posting pictures on their instagrams, facebooks, etc of their time here in MapleLegends, we could attract more and more players

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  5. johnusf

johnusf Orange Mushroom

Dec 27, 2015
    Male
    New York
    1:04 PM
    Camper
    Que???

• Like Like x 11
  6. PuureDank

PuureDank King Slime

Feb 7, 2016
    Male
    Sorry I should have realized people who were taught English as a second language would not be able to understand the complexity of my vocabulary.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    If only you knew half of the words you are using. If you are trying to look smart then I'll be the one to tell you that smart person can easily communicate with other human. You're not doing it, sad.

(Yes, It's an official attack on that member, ban me please, delete my message, and hate plz)

• Like Like x 8
  8. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    • Like Like x 14
  9. PuureDank

PuureDank King Slime

Feb 7, 2016
    Male
    I'm tryna give my advice and people around the community are so quick to hate on whatever I say lol. Whatever.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    See? Now you can talk like 99% of us :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. PuureDank

PuureDank King Slime

Feb 7, 2016
    Male
    Why is that the veterans of this server feel the need to make the lower lvl/new members of the community feel subordinate to you guys?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    It is normal yo. When new player appears and tries to teach more experienced or does whatever you do, he gets hated much ;) Get used to it, it works that way in real life MapleF3

13. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Maybe you guys could stay on-topic here and continue this conversation privately? Thanks.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Piffy

Piffy Pac Pinky

Feb 23, 2016
    12:04 PM
    Honestly, who will do that? >.< I mean, I believe most of us don't want to fill our social medias with MapleStory... (Feel awkward for mine...)

Posting Maple stuff on FB and Instagram will be like :
    1. I achieved level 200! *Update my CV*
    2. I am good in economics and marketing! *Thanks to MapleLegends*
    3. I bombed my equips! #badday #fml #fuckmaplelegendsgJebbfozjwbsi

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    I think something like this should happen with a minimum of 500 players online at once and atleast 5 200's

16. Coco066

Coco066 King Slime

Jun 20, 2016
    Male
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Coco066
    Assassin
    At this point i figure i might as well give my own opinion about both Wipe or a New world.

Just the idea of a wipe is frustrating to me. I think i mentioned that already but a wipe would be perhaps beneficial to those who have one or more character above 3rd job as their progression becomes slow and the content becomes sparse. They have to do bossing and such and it can become tedious. The thing is, imo, with a private server such as this one, a lot of people will join, relive the first month or so of the game and then go back to what they usually play, as they realize they have played this game before and don't necessarily want to grind all this time again to get to the same place as before. Some will also join with the idea that they want to get to that point where they were and perhaps even further, such as I. But for those 2 kinds of people, a wipe would be annoying. We still have content to exploit and do, so why not let us enjoy it. If no one was ever joining and 95% of the community was over 3rd job, perhaps a wipe would be beneficial to most, but i don't think it's the case. As i said in my intro, I don't have all that much time to play, so getting to where i'm at, which is about where i was in GMS back then, took me about 5 months I think. I really don't want to have to do these 5 months of content again. As for a new world, i simply wouldn't join it, and it would split the already scarce community. Imagine the hell of thrying to find people for PQs

Tl;Dr: Wipe may be great for end game players of the moment but would hurt all the new community. Thus I am against it.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    PogChamp

Sorry had to do it, I agree with you though :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    stronk vernacular.
    no wipe plz, i just got to lvl 30, plz dont make me kpq again, i was so lonely waiting for people to show up

• Like Like x 1
  19. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    1:04 PM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    have fun at LPQ

• Like Like x 1
  20. Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    Vith
    White Knight
    But if there's a wipe, and you play right after it wipes, you'll have a ton of people to KPQ with. ;)

• Like Like x 2