1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New World

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Fiona, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    2:23 PM
    Paladin
    one person isn't an achievement honestly

• Like Like x 1
  2. Distance

Distance Dark Stone Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    10:23 PM
    Well, I experienced all the new content too since I've been leveling like a snail since beta. That makes two...

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Fiona

Fiona Red Snail

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    3:23 PM
    Hero
    I mean to me it looks like the majority of the community wants a wipe. I don't think it's a question anymore if it should happen, but rather how (changes that need to be made)

4. Colin

Colin Orange Mushroom

Jun 8, 2016
    Male
    2:23 PM
    Trinative
    Dragon Knight
    Basic
    Have to disagree. I'm pretty indifferent myself, but I know a lot of people that don't want / would quit if a wipe happened. It just seems like a lot more want a wipe because the ones that are for it voice their opinions in this thead and it's more open to the community. I'm not super against it, but just a little concerned what would happen to the server if it did happen.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Spooky

Spooky Brown Teddy

Mar 27, 2015
    8:23 PM
    -1, haven't even read the whole thread over yet, pardon me if what I'm about to post has already been said.
    A new world would split the community and make it even more dead. A wipe is more detrimental because it's catering to n00bs who don't feel comfortable amongst pros and it removes all the progress the veterans have made. Should they wipe GMS because some guy started and doesn't have 2m-2m? Of course not.
    What happens after a wipe? A year passes and the cycle continues. Should we wipe every year? What's the point in playing if all your progress will be lost within a short amount of time? I'm honestly appalled at some people believing this server needs a wipe. The only thing we wipe is our asses. This is not OriginMS, this is not OpenShittle, this is not Egglinia, this is not SlimeTre- I mean LocalM- I mean Mapleclassi- I mean ded server ran by idiots-- We don't need a wipe.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:23 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Why are we talking about wipes when the main topic was about a new world? I mean, there is absolutely no point in wiping the current server if we open up a new world. But there's also no point in opening up a new world if nothing is different about it either.

The best suggestion would be to take all those balance changes that were discussed before and apply them to a new world. That way there's no wipe and still a classic server, so all the veteran players and nostalgia junkies are happy. Then we do all sorts of stuff with the 2nd server, like nerfing HS, tweaking other skills, adding bosses to maple island, and the people who wanted all these other changes are happy.

Threats that the server population will split off and die is nothing but false doom and gloom. If anything, both servers would be better off simply because it's highly likely that many old players would return.

7. Seuldy

Seuldy Horny Mushroom

Sep 7, 2015
    Beginner
    5 months late to the server but it only took like 2 months and a few days and subpar training gear to get to 188 or 189. It's never too late to start. The only disadvantage that you might have that I didn't run into is having a clean 70/130 ewand available in FM.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    8:23 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Tbh, don't even consider wiping until you have more content & ideas. Once you have that, plus a solid coded fully working V62 server (which I know legends is known for) then whype.

To my knowledge all V62's apart from legends are coded like absolute fucking shit. It could be that if you have the content + solid coding that no one else has, you will get even more popular through the whype.

• Like Like x 3
  9. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    12:23 PM
    NSFW
    Why not just #Hype4Wipe? Start clean and nuke the whole thing. Nothing is real, this server will eventually shut down anyway. Dematerialize. Nihilism is the way.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Distance

Distance Dark Stone Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    10:23 PM
    Because then you let Al Qaeda win, duh.

11. Zark

Zark Orange Mushroom

Jul 23, 2015
    Male
    Zark
    Crossbowman
    Late to the party, but since wipe hype is too stronk I am compelled to post:
    I'm not super regular, I play for a month and take 3 for a break. I also alt like a bitch so I've been playing the exact same maps quests etc 3 times over (commitment is hard, ok?). That said, I do not favor the wipe as things are right now, I absolutely hate losing progress and distinctly remember losing my shit (in both interpretations of that phrase) when GMS had some big rollbacks one summer so many years ago. I'd like to know what exactly we're getting into before a wipe happens, what changes are coming, etc... I get the impression that on the whole, this community is pretty tight and loyal so maybe if posting details on the changes to the forums is too much of a liability, maybe there should be an in-game way to communicate the changes we should expect? I want my Donor CS items insured tho undecidedmush

Also, the assumption that we'll get new players by wiping is naive. Wipes are typically a sign of server instability, not exactly something a potential new player is looking for in a server.

12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:23 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I think the kind of people a wipe mainly attracts are those who want to race to the top and be #1 amongst the hordes of other competitors. Of course, there can only be one #1, 10 in the top 10, etc, so the super-competitive people who fall behind for one reason or another quit. Then there's a massive domino effect of friends leaving because friends leave, and we're in a much worse position than before we started.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Salamander

Salamander Timer

Jun 16, 2015
    Male
    5:23 AM
    Salamander
    Dark Knight
    wipe hype

• Like Like x 1
  14. Andrew

Andrew True Hunter

Dec 14, 2014
    Male
    12:23 PM
    Andrew
    Assassin
    Opposites
    In my honest opinion, first fix any minor glitches, bugs, exploited shit, etc. Just the usual shit that harms players gameplay. Once that gets fixed, then we can focus on the not so important things like leeching, and multi clienting, if we should allow such measures to exist. I get most hardcore bossers use programs such as VMWARE for the purpose of HT to help with GFX glitches, but that should be the bottom line. To me, self leeching tears you away from the community and you miss out on the fun things like PQing and such. So I feel until things balance out completely, then things need to be left as is.