1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Night Raven's Claw

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Mstweaker, May 9, 2015.

1. alan576

alan576 Red Snail

Apr 16, 2015
    Male
    12:23 PM
    There is a big problem in your proof.
    You are proving that "A dexless is more powerful with DragonPurpleSleeve"
    but what I concern is "dexxless is overpowered with NRC"
    BTW, a dexless is nearly impossible to use a sleeve in reality.

If we remove NRC, it do motivate people to get sleeve with the least dex.
    But with NRC, this game become so easy......

I think I have to state my opinion clear
    "NRC make dexless overpowered and brainless"
    sin might have a OP damage,
    but I think this is not what we are going to discuss in this thread

2. Invictus

Invictus Chronos

May 14, 2015
    Male
    Lonely planet
    7:23 AM
    Invictus
    Priest
    This is a GMS like server, the fact NRC were available, I'd say they should also stay, it's enough maple weapons were taken away, ruined the experiences for many.
    To sum it up, reasons I think NRC gotta stay:
    1) Removing them will ruin the game for those who enjoy the dexless build and the sin experience.
    2) Removing them will only hold people from becoming "OP" for a certain amount of time
    3) let us say that a sin decides to add 40 points to dex and still goes by the same build to equip dragon sleeve, it won't make much a difference.
    4) In a year from now there will be better items out there and more scrolls, allowing players to easily boost their stats.

• Like Like x 1
  3. alan576

alan576 Red Snail

Apr 16, 2015
    Male
    If we have to keep NRC, I think we should at least make it untradable.
    so you have to do some work to get it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Eh these 2 points are more or less what I support the removal of NRC for. I'm not looking at permanently nerfing sins, instead just getting them to bother with a low dex build. I'm perfectly fine with them reaching same end-game potential with dragon sleeve, but at least they had to add/scroll dex for it. And yes, in the end this simply holds them from reaching their potential for a certain amount of time.

As for (4), with time everything becomes more available and players get progressively stronger. Still that doesn't mean we should give them everything from the start. We can't stop people from getting stronger in the end, but we can at least moderate it. Not saying that we should always moderate such things, but the fact that everyone gets stronger with time doesn't really come into consideration for such matters, because it happens regardless of what we do.

5. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    6:23 AM
    Beginner
    That's why I used a spreadsheet.
    Put in the numbers you want to if you think what I used is not achieveable.

6. Invictus

Invictus Chronos

May 14, 2015
    Male
    Lonely planet
    7:23 AM
    Invictus
    Priest
    So you just wanna give people a hard time? the server is relatively still new, there aren't even ZHs around... and you wanna kill off any progress? just so you know, a dexless still requires some serious funding to deal all the damage you're talking about, ilbis and decent equips, why do you wanna see sins nerfed so badly?
    I'd say it would hurt the growth of the server to have NRCs taken away, why? sins are the main attackers on many bosses, if they struggle to deal damage, you'll struggle getting Zhs and bossing in general.
    Another thing is that you completely ignored the main point of making this server as close as possible to the original old school GMS, which is IMO the pivotal point of discussion.
    Taking the NRCs away is way too much for sins to handle in general if they are low on funding, let alone on a new server.

7. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    9:23 PM
    What spreadsheet are you talking about, out of curiosity? The math I used shows that NRC is better basically... always. Not quite but pretty darned close.

Found it, nvm: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19qDMlcDCZOZ2_i1KcbtJCMaR3L_L5GVraxUw51zEY3c/edit#gid=0

This doesn't show anything as far as I can tell though. It's just the obvious... yes, if you get enough DEX from gear to wear a higher attack claw... it will be better.

The thing about removing the NRC is that the Shinobi Bracer isn't that much lower. I don't think it will make a big difference to promote a low dex build.

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    10:23 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Something's always confused me. When people say "Sins are supposed to deal damage," it makes me wonder what the other classes are supposed to do then? Oh. Right. All the other classes are supposed to deal damage, with the exception of cleric who's expected to support. It might seem like I'm just being petty and jealous of another class's damage but believe me, when people start filling up parties, there will be many left out because the organizers picked a lower level sin.

9. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    9:23 PM
    Maple has a "holy trinity" (or we could say 4 classes). The Bowmaster (Sharp Eyes and damage), The Night Lord (Raw damage), and The Dark Knight (Hyperbody and damage), and sometimes a Bishop (Resurrection and Holy Symbol).

Other classes have some nifty support skills. Buccaneers have Time Leap and Speed Infusion. Shadowers have Smokescreen. Heroes have Rage. After the balance patch, Paladin's Threat was useful. The problem is just that MapleStory has few mechanics and mediocre design, so these support skills are often overlooked and aren't really worth it compared to just having more raw damage to make boss runs go faster. I genuinely think their idea was in the right place, it's just that their execution was really poor.

In fact, Night Lord and Corsair are the only two classes I can think of that don't really have a useful support skill. (You could argue Haste from Night Lords, but what boss requires mobility...? It's the least helpful.) I don't think it's coincidence that the top two damage output classes don't have any supportive functions while nearly every other class does.

10. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Yes, sins have an arguably easy time now, so I wanna make it harder. Shinobi Bracers are common, that serves as a substitute weapon before you get your end-game claw. thetavi says that they're kinda strong too, but i don't know about that, didn't calculate that far. So it's not like they're forced to endure garnier all the way, you get bracer at 55 and be ready to go low-dex by 110, not too spartan. In other servers I had people who were willing to stick with Skanda for life even after I told them to switch to Sleve as well. So to answer your point, I'm skeptical it will "kill off all progress".

You might suffer in bossing but not by that much. If sins went low dex or used a bracer they could still deal considerable damage. Then maybe you'd have to recruit an extra sin or two to beat zak in the same time as before.

I understand that NRC was introduced slightly before v62, so if the admins want to keep it that way it's fine. In the meantime, I'm bringing up plus points for their removal despite the fact that they were supposed to be around.

With regards to funding, Assassins were a class where you needed funding to excel. If you're poor, you were stuck with normal dex build and cheap stars or you played a cleric for funding. Right now it is easier than in the past to be a sin because of cheap and plentiful bracers and cheaper stars, free gach for some passive income, plus some players are willing to give you Tobis if you're new. But you definitely need funding if you plan on doing well in the end-game, otherwise you might wanna consider other jobs if you hate being a low-funded sin. In any case I don't think you need that much funding here to achieve a decent range, but that's for you guys to calculate and confirm.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  11. Berz

Berz Orange Mushroom

May 26, 2015
    Male
    Not close enough to the fridge
    11:23 PM
    Beginner
    -
    Time to necro some ;). It can kinda go either way. It all depends on what you see as possible in equips being made. Here my input on chew's table (thank you so much man for making that)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1upm8VERf0-wEoQKR-b3XiHq3OEyGcTp3q6D4eToCZqA/edit#gid=0

These aren’t perfectly optimized equips but look better then what the top 10%'s equips will look like in the next year or two. Throw Att buffs in the blue spot as not to screw up totals. Made that mistake and was getting weird totals. I added the other 2 main DPS classes to compare with similar equips across the board. My thoughts are NRC are in no way game breaking or op, but can be used as an end-game claw if you do not want to re-scroll a claw.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  12. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    6:23 AM
    Beginner
    you gotta give public access for ppl to see it :) and thx

13. Berz

Berz Orange Mushroom

May 26, 2015
    Male