1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nix Chance of Failure for Demonic Pet Food Crafting

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by postcard, Nov 6, 2019.

1. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    7:40 AM
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    To create the Demonic Pet Food, you need to turn in 250 candies in order to obtain the Dungeon Ticket. From there on, you kill Mal Violence who has a chance of dropping 5-6 Demon Essence. Therefore, if you want to collect all three of the cats, you'll need at least 500 candy to get them.

I say at least because when you craft the Demon Essence, there's a chance that the crafting will fail. I get that it's in the spirit of Halloween and all (hehe spooped) BUT it is pretty frustrating when it happens if you only got 5 essence from Mal Violence. It means you have to collect 250 candy again for another chance to possibly only receive 5 more essence again for a crafting that could fail.

It's a frustrating barrier! Particularly for lower level players who can't farm candy as quickly/efficiently, but really, for everyone in general who just wants a cute pet as a souvenir from the event, or because they have no NX due to washing, or a variety of other reasons.

So I think that getting rid of the chance for the Demon Essence crafting to fail would add to the overall enjoyability of the event. Considering the high cost of the Dungeon Ticket and the fact that you aren't guaranteed 6 Demon Essence (aka 2 pets), getting rid of the boom rate feels more balanced to me.

And I'd prefer getting rid of the failure rate over making 6 Demon Essence drop every time because I've seen people fail spectacularly with mastery books.

• Agree Agree x 9
  2. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    10:40 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I don’t think the fail rate is the real problem but it does fix some of the problem. I think the bigger problem is how low the candy drop rate is especially compared to recent events. If the candy drop rate got buffed and it was easier to collect 250 candies then the fail rate wouldn’t really matter as much.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    3:40 PM
    ControlPanel / WireLess / FireWall / HotSpot
    Bandit
    Beaters
    Have to agree here.
    Another option would be lowering the price of everything (because the candy rate is so low) so a ticket would cost like 50 it won't be as frustrating if is fails.
    Pets and chairs are the best memories of events and the fact it is extremely hard to get both this year and last year is a frustrating. (last year you needed like ~1K candy to raffle once iirc).

4. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    5:40 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Hello fellow cat lovers, hopefully after the recent discord announcement where:

This should make the entry to get your daily dose of demonic essence much easier, cheaper and more noob friendly! As for the failure chance upon crafting the Demonic Pet Food, it will remain.

Good luck on getting your lovely cats!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    Bandit
    Beaters
    THANK YOU :D
    It helps a lot!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    i love being the unofficial guinea pig for events [​IMG]

7. OP
    OP
    postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    that being said, will there be any compensation candy wise? 250 -> 50 is a lot and it's recently come to my attention that demon essence should have been a drop from the PQ which requires no ticket to get into -- except the PQ was (is?) broken and nothing was dropping like it was supposed to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MissRainbow

MissRainbow Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Female
    Bandit
    Beaters
    So I got a ticket, went in, killed the boss and got nothing.
    Was there a change in droprate of essence and it supposed to not drop it? or is it a glitch?
    Or did I do something wrong? 0.o
    Halp?

• Like Like x 1