1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted no pet loot in darksight

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by RemiIia, Apr 20, 2021.

1. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    4:04 AM
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    I think people have been disliking Meso Up lately (and mages) but let's talk about meso up.
    I think the better option to fix this other than making MU self buff only, we can make pets unable to loot items/mesos while in darksight that would stop or at least slow down most people, since not everyone has bloodwash their MU mules. it would be a lot of work to make a high level bloodwash MU mule and an extra HB mule to pair it with. also a lot of work to have a high lvl HB mule too. The fun part will be dealing with knock-backs while trying to sweep

It's ridiculous for people to want to nerf meso up, we shouldn't make MU a single-person skill since MU was meant to be a party buff.
    You can't loot in darksight with your character, so why should your pets have the ability to do so?

• Disagree Disagree x 20
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    5:04 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Raphi I know you're trolling hard, but this isn't such a bad idea. Sweeper mules are busted and mega low effort. Plus if you've already got MU on another Hermit, you can pretty much throw as many low-level bloodwashed thieves as you want in a map and pop them into Dark Sight, which is even lower effort.

Then again, the fundamental problem here is Genesis/Meteor/Blizzard, their lack of ANY significant cooldown/charge, insane target count/range, cheapness to cast, and unmatched damage. BirdGenesis (Aerial Strike) can do something similar but with lower damage and a pathetic 6 target count. Dragon Roar is the only other "full-map attack," and it's a bitch to keep up without constantly being healed (unless you're willing to spend millions per hour on Honsters).

The only real way to address the multifarming conundrum is a complete overhaul of Mages - this would involve keeping ults useful but limited while buffing the heck out of the other Mage skills. Remember how cool Chain Lightning is??? Too bad it's completely overshadowed by Blizzard in almost every relevant situation. To this I say, #MAKE MAGES FUN AGAIN

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    I'm not one of those mages that sweeps with a MU mule and I do not like those that do sweep haha

I think we need a server-wide meso wipe too because there are billions of mesos in the server but a large % of it isn't even circulating through the server. like what's the point? reset the economy.

2/3 of the players would their mage quit overnight if they lose their ability to make mesos with mage ultimates.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  4. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    9:04 PM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Are you hearing yourself? You asking for a nerf for something that others do just because you can't/or is lazy to do. Reset the economy? Obviously you've given this absolutely 0 thought.

Next up, obviously you have no idea how the current meta of multi-mage meso farming meta is like. You want to make dark sight not be able to sweep? You're just shifting the target level of the MU sweeper mule from 77 to 130 with max shifter and some meme scrolled avoid/luck gear. It doesn't even cost that much to buy leech. Set pet auto hp to whatever pot the mobs drop and you're set.

"It would be alot do work"

Since when has that stopped anyone? And also, ain't there people from that side of the argument been driving home the point that multi mage farming is soooo easy to execute?

More holes in this argument than ssiws cheese

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    he obviously is trolling, but shiv has said he doesn't use dark sight on some of his sweepers, i think

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rapskal

Rapskal Chronos

Nov 1, 2017
    Male
    Rapskal
    Night Lord
    Lost
    I've never used a sweeper either but it seems like not being able to pet loot in dark sight would make it harder to control the position of your sweepers and so could be an effective way of reducing how many clients people could efficiently control at once. Don't really see any significant problems with the change either, what other people outside of sweeper mules actually care about whether their pet can loot in dark sight.

7. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    8:04 AM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    I feel the urge to call your suggestion 'troll' because it's written in a serious and confident tone despite being obviously useless

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    Lol, stay mad

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  9. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    A pet is its own self, its not one with its owner therefore can loot on its own will as long as it has the item equipped.

Wiping the mesos would make people quit the game because they wouldn't want to farm up mesos up the point to where they have no potions, if a wipe would be introduced people would just find a completely new server to play on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    good.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    8:04 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I sometimes use stance maxed 30k HP warrior for sweeping. seems it's time to nerf stance then.

• Like Like x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    I guess power stance books are skyrocketing in value soon, you guys better buy up now.

J/k, it's too bad that they're very common items.

they'll just nerf it by level lock, lvl 10+ (140~150) lvl 20+ (150+)

13. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Stay mad

14. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    7:04 AM
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    lol

Also why would you bloodwash when you can go full luk + autopot.

15. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    can you please stop with these ridiculous posts.
    if you're wanting to make suggestions, then make them. Not make posts that you know aren't going to be considered.
    especially "being warped to town if you use more than 3 ults in 10secs" and "IP address banning" (what if theres family members who also play the game in the same household?)

All these meme posts just drowns out ACTUAL posts/suggestions by players. its really unnecessary and getting out of hand. Just because you don't play the game anymore and just FM afk, doesn't mean you can just shit /meme post. If you don't like to use multi mages, then dont shit on other people for doing it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    honestly and admittedly. I actually don't care if they use multi mages, What I do care about is when a map or some skills, or something about the game gets nerf because of the multi mage abuse since it could damage aspects of the game. I don't like the idea of any nerfs involving multi mage at all, I only came up with these suggestions because it seems like people are wanting to nerf the game even more and it's likely that things are going to change, so I thought to hell with it, If you can't win then just join them.

But seriously, you can just ignore my suggestions and just don't nerf anything then we're good, capeesh?

am I a hypocrite? apparently not.
    Yes, I'm a retired player

17. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    wow.. I can't believe that you guys don't appreciate suggestions made by me. Me, of all people,
    the Sainte of MapleLegends. I so confidently thought that the development team and Kimmy can look at my ideas and make them better or make improvements, at least that's what I was hoping for, that's why I suggested things in the first place even though I am against any nerfs relating to multi mage use. And yes, I know my posts have trolling aspects but that's to make light of the situation.

good luck with everybody's collaborative suggestions in making the game better (or worse, as always, things can get worse for a certain playerbase)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    1:04 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    This aged pretty well.

I'm not too fond of the mesos only being lootable by the killer thingy but being able to not unequip pet item loot and just hit dark sight when the boss dies is pretty nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    1:04 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Who would have thought that Raphiel was the mastermind behind this change