1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Non-leech/minimal HP wash Corsair guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by spencil2, Apr 27, 2021.

Tags:
  1. spencil2

spencil2 Zakum

Dec 17, 2017
    Male
    8:16 AM
    GetSmoked
    Corsair
    Hey all,

Here is my non leech corsair guide. Few words do trick.

Journal showcasing what I did from level 1-200
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/my-maple-journal-inspired-by-skuire.23765/

Akash's guide for more details:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...ir-works-a-comprehensive-corsair-guide.27336/

Training:
    Quests. Party quests. Grinding.
    Grinding at mobs you can kill efficiently either alone or with others.
    Certain quests give thicc exp such as the ones requiring killing a boss

Making mesos:
    Quests require grinding, grinding earns gach, gach earns mesos.
    Certain quests give good stuff.
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/valuable-scroll-quest-list.17708/
    Go to Maplelegends library, pick monster around your level that you can kill efficiently and drops good stuff, grind there. Simple. Go exploring to avoid the meta

Maple island:
    All AP into INT but make sure to have enough for job advancement (20 dex)

1st job:

AP management:

I got to 80 base INT, was able to progress comfortably without leeching at all.
    INT equips before level up if financially viable at this time
    Min STR for guns
    Rest to DEX

SP management:
    Bullet time: max it, need all the avoid you can get in the future
    Double shot: max it, main damage skill
    Flash fist: no
    Dash: max it, helpful with mobility
    Somersault kick: whatever SP is left, helpful with grinding large mobs (evil eye)

2nd job

AP management:
    Vital equips: deputy star/zak helm
    INT equips + MW20 (if it makes a difference) before level up, INT should be divisible by 10
    Keep STR at minimum to wield new guns
    Everything else into DEX

SP management:
    Recoil shot: max it, great for mobility
    Wings: max it, great for mobility
    Gun mastery: max it, more damage
    Gun booster: max it, more damage
    Invisible shot: max it, more damage
    Blank shot: lvl 16 for max duration stun
    Grenade: lvl 16 for max number of enemies hit, good for luring mobs together

Macros:
    Recoil + wings + any buff: good for traveling

3rd job:

AP management:
    Same as before
    Can look for low STR requirement overalls to scroll with DEX (cheaper than STR scrolls)

SP management:
    Burst fire: max it, more damage
    Octopus: max it, more damage
    Homing beacon: max it, more damage
    Gaviota: lvl 15 for aerial strike (4th job), can increase later for more damage (can double click to activate while attacking with other skill with no delay)
    Flamethrower/ice splitter: lvl 25 for max number of enemies hit

Macros:
    Ice splitter + flamethrower: mob damage (just hold the key down for continual damage)

4th job

AP management:
    Vital equip: horntail necklace
    Can look for higher STR requirement overalls to scroll with DEX (cheaper than STR scrolls)
    AP reset once you meet your HP goal
    Can MP wash if you got extra nx to spend and stored fresh AP

SP management:
    Bull's eye: max it, more damage
    Wrath of octopi: max it, more damage (will be even more useful at next patch)
    Maple warrior: max it, more damage
    Aerial strike: max it, more damage
    Battleship: max it, more ship HP
    Battleship cannon: max it, more damage
    Rapid fire: max it, more damage while boat on cooldown
    Elemental boost: optional, good for grinding while boat on cooldown
    Hypnotize: optional, de-aggro bodyguard A/weaken mobs on inconvenient platforms (skill can dc you sometimes so use at your own risk)

Macros:
    Aerial strike + battleship + battleship: reduce aerial strike delay so you can move again sooner
    Octopus + gaviota + battleship: summon octopus/gaviota with minimal delay
    Note: the battleship for third slot of macro can be moved if you press battleship yourself

ETC:

Equip sets:

Recommend having two sets of equips
    Bossing: avoid equips (sauna robe with LUK, yellow strap shoes with avoid, face with avoid)
    Grinding: damage equips (DEX stuff)
    Did some math and found out that 4 DEX = 1 avoid for damage output

Final words:
    Go at your own pace. Enjoy the journey, not the destination. The key to scrolling is to expect the worst outcome and be pleasantly surprised when they don't occur...
    earring.png face.png eye.png gun.png overall.png glove.png cape.png hat.png
    shoe.png

• Great Work Great Work x 26
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    5:16 AM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Do you think the timeless set (gun/oa/shoe) is viable? Seems like you can gain a lot of the extra 10-20 str needed just from the timeless equip levelups. The potential 15 avoid from oa levelup seems extremely juicy for sairs.

3. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    2:16 PM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    Been following your journal for a while, I really dig your approach and dedication to the game. Legit inspiring. Gz again on 200!!

4. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    1:16 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    I would like to add that there's nothing wrong with leeching through some of the more painful levels to keep the fun-factor high.

But yeah, 100% support the grinding message. Don't focus on meta spots and just grind where you're most happy. Some non-meta spots have super relaxing gameplay loops/rotations.

I would like to add onto your guide: for second job, try to get more mobility asap after mastery. Your damage will suck and double shot is a solid main attacking skill. More movement means more fun. Get that wings/recoil shot combo up. And for third job don't put any points in burst fire until you can instantly max it (cuz it's a lot slower than doubleshot and will replace it :( RIP doubleshot)

5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    1:16 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Wanted to say that GetSmoked's journey wasn't only one of my favorite journals to read, I think it's also an incredibly important thread for new players to read that wonder whether or not you can make/wash an attacker as first character. Very informative and inspirationalOnionLoveOnionLove

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1