1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Noob's Maple Journey

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Skumbag, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Skumbag

Skumbag Slime

May 1, 2021
    Male
    8:15 AM
    Hi everyone!

After playing a couple of different private servers, I've decided to start MapleLegends as a complete noob to the server.
    I'm journaling my experience as a new player so others can see how I progress and can enjoy the journey along with me. (Thanks Dulce for recommending me to journal!)

GOALS:
    Create a Bishop as my first class. (They can be used to leech future characters, mule in boss runs, generate income, etc)

Vote each day to accumulate NX to wash another character (attacker) on a separate account.

Enjoy the server and encourage others to start playing the server as a new player by showing them my slow progression through this journal.

DAY 1:
    Rolled the dice a bunch for a 11 int start on my future Bishop, IGN Muri. (After the day ended, I wish I rolled for 5 str because of the requirements needed for a Green Paint Brush)

I ended up doing a bunch of quests for the day and also lost my hair from the Amoria hair quest... I'll be wearing my Blue Sporty Cap until I find a hairstyle I like.

Ended the first day of playing at level 23.

• Like Like x 3
  2. OP
    OP
    Skumbag

Skumbag Slime

May 1, 2021
    Male
    Day 2:

I tried my luck with gaching after I found a couple of tickets through random mobs. Unfortunately, nothing I could sell :(

I met Dulce and Bumpkin in the FM, who were kind enough to answer some of my noob questions and gave me money for pots and a Green Paint Brush!

Worked on some quests in Victoria Island and Ariant to level up and advanced to my second job as a Cleric. Ended the second day as level 35.

Day 2.png

I also now have 2 other accounts with a level 11 magician and level 12 magician.
    These will be used to accumulate NX for my future attacker and one for misc NX items (Owls, smegas, etc).

• Like Like x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    Skumbag

Skumbag Slime

May 1, 2021
    Male
    Day 3:
    Leveled up my other mage to level 30! Chose to keep my Cleric at level 35 for a day and finish the Playing Around in Ninja Town quest on both accounts to get the
    Shoes for Jump 30% scroll. This will help me buy potions for a while since I can sell them for around ~4m each.

Store.png

Planning to save my NX to buy a Wedding Ticket so I can APQ in the future for some extra income.

• Like Like x 4
  4. OP
    OP
    Skumbag

Skumbag Slime

May 1, 2021
    Male
    Day 4:
    Did a little bit of LPQ and farmed in ludi with my I/L mage. Definitely enjoying playing the I/L right now and leveled him to 41! Cleric is still level 35.

I'll try and save for a decent Maple Lama Staff and ZHelm service for both of my accounts for now.

day 4.png

• Like Like x 6
  5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    9:15 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
  6. OP
    OP
    Skumbag

Skumbag Slime

May 1, 2021
    Male
    Thank you! The journey to leveling has been fun so far :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Skumbag

Skumbag Slime

May 1, 2021
    Male
    Day 5:

Leveled up my I/L to level 51 by training at Master Chronos and EPQ.
    Ended up buying a Maple Lama staff for 5mil... a bit expensive, but the lowest one in the FM that I can afford.

I saved enough for a Zhelm and I'll be doing the prequest so I can buy one!
    Also joined Perion guild, they seem like nice people and hope to be able to meet more of them.

day 5.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Skumbag

Skumbag Slime

May 1, 2021
    Male
    Day 6:
    Bought a non afk Zak helm and the stats were pretty good. Started grinding a lot at GS2 before the patch and got to level 65!
    Hopefully the Valentine's event lets me earn some more mesos.

day 6.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Skumbag

Skumbag Slime

May 1, 2021
    Male
    Day 7 & 8:
    Day 7 was the patch day!! Had a good break from my Mapling addiction.

Day 8 Shawnie was kind enough to give me a welcoming gift to the server! Thank you again

shitship2.png

I was also able to hit level 70 and get my third job on my I/L mage.
    Wouldn't have been able to grind in GS2 hell till 70 if it wasn't for my friend Auroral, who was willing to train with me even as they were tired!

Here's a screenshot of them falling asleep during our last stretch of grinding to help me get to 70

auro d eath.png

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Skumbag

Skumbag Slime

May 1, 2021
    Male
    Day 9:

Got my first Chaos Scroll!

CHAOSSCROLL.png

Was able to upgrade my overall to a 19 int bathrobe from it and leveled to 85 on my I/L mage.
    Also ended up leveling my cleric to 40 and another mage to 31 for the event raffle quests (So far 2 Cherry Blossom chairs, but I hope I get the Kitty Mug Chair).

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    Skumbag

Skumbag Slime

May 1, 2021
    Male
    Day 10:

Married myself on my cleric and I/L mage! Sadly no one attended my rushed Vegas wedding...

Ran 5 APQs total between two accounts and ended up with 6 apples, 4 GFA 60%, and 2 Cape Int 30%. I definitely recommend APQ for income if you're a new player. It also gives a surprising amount of exp on my level 41 cleric.

Ended the day getting to level 90 on my I/L and I also got a Cat Mug Chair!

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Skumbag

Skumbag Slime

May 1, 2021
    Male
    Day 11, 12, 13:

My I/L is now an Arch Mage!

haider.png

After two weeks of playing I've accumulated some noob gear for my mage:
    19 Int Bathrobe
    5 int 4 matk YWG
    7 int racc mask
    10 int old raggedy cape
    6 int 10 matk stolen fence
    13 int maple bandana

I'll be leveling up my cleric (currently level 52) now to 81 so I can HS mule it and sell some leech.

Plan to make a bucc next once I accumulate some funds through leech selling!

• Like Like x 3
  13. OP
    OP
    Skumbag

Skumbag Slime

May 1, 2021
    Male
    Day 14 and 15:

Casually leveling my I/L with basket training since I need to mp wash a bit and don't have the NX yet. Leveled to 122!

Created my future bucc and hope to make it 30k hp in the long term. Ended up card farming and got the tier 3 ring for now on my bucc. Thank you Sue for all your help :)

tier3.png

It's a bit difficult to find runs for APQ, so feel free to add Haider to your buddy list if you want to APQ together!

14. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    ralphjohnsonralphjohnson, danoninho, darkelve, and fara are some names i remmember that do apq

• Like Like x 1
  15. day4day

day4day Brown Teddy

Aug 7, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    any updates on this journey? i was really enjoying it.. :(:cry: