1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

NPC to guild hall.

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Aero, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    1:34 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Hey, just wondering if it would be possible to get an NPC to take us to the Guild Hall in Orbis. When you leave it takes you back to the previous map.

alot of other versions have it, it gives no advantage to anyone, just makes it easier to get their when you want
    to expand / ally with someone instead of taking a 15-30 minute trip to Orbis and back for a 10 second thing.

ty. x

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:34 AM
    Moderator Post
    How would it exactly work? Like you can warp to GHQ and once you go out you are back at your old place or was it actually a free ticket warp to Orbis too?

3. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    8:34 PM
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    He means he wants it to be like the FM warp. You leave the map and you're back at your previous location.

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:34 AM
    Moderator Post
    By "a lot of other versions" do he refer to official server or Private Servers? Sorry for all the questions, but I am unfamiliar with later version features.

5. OP
    OP
    Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Both, most have it. V83 etc... the amount of things that have it is kind of irrelevant. I just want it because it saves time, it wont impact anything seriously and.. its just... easier. lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    The ride to Orbis was a HUGE deal in early Maple! Taking this out takes out a lot of the nostalgia and teamwork a lot of people crave when coming to a GMS-like server.

I can tell you right now that taking the requirement to ride to Orbis to make a guild will take a huge chunk of the Nostalgia people crave away. This also REQUIRES people who are making a guild to work together and cooperate. It's essential for a standing guild to have people you can rely on and trust. That party of 6 is the first step in a good guild. If you just grab a whole bunch of people together off the FM, port to Orbis in a single click to make a guild, you learn nothing from them and it falls apart.

Rog parties and getting to Orbis has to have the boat, obviously. But I think keeping the boat a requirement for guild creation is vital to the server.

As far as increasing slots in guild and creating an alliance, this is something a guild master agrees to the moment they click the "Create Guild."

This will also increase the number of guilds created by new members, stretching the thin number of members here so far. While having new guilds is GREAT, I don't think the server has enough people to spread if everyone wants to own a guild.

-1 for me =/

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Reply to this^^^^^^

No, it wont rofl. Its a trip to guild hall, not to orbis completely.. its not a big deal, pls stop.

It wont increase the amount of guilds made, whats stopping people making them is the mesos it takes to pay for the guild, not the trip... please..OnionPissed

8. Yell

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    Why devout to a GMS-like server and ask for teleports? The Guild Hall is in Orbis. This is how the game was made in v62. Perhaps now in current GMS patches a teleport isn't a big deal because of how easy it is to get around, but I fail to see how a teleport to the guild hall is even necessary...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Azroa

Azroa Master Chronos

Apr 14, 2015
    Azroa
    Hero
    -
    Increasing your guild's capacity isn't a nostalgic part of GMS. If you're a guild leader and you want to add someone to your guild, you have to commit to the action. If you're training in NLC, thats now two boat rides to expand, and two to get back to your training spot. Adding someone to your guild shouldn't be a project. If I want to add someone, I'll have to tell them: "Sorry, give me 45 minutes while I go expand my guild." The thing stopping people from making guilds, isn't the trip; Its the price. Using Horizon as an example, it has cost us over 50mil to bring it to its current state. Keep in mind, mesos aren't handed out to everyone. We've even had past threads trying to make it more difficult to get mesos.

Adding a slight convenience to the game isn't going to ruin it. The trip to orbis will still be around. It will be the same as the FM button.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Yell

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    Increasing the capacity, no, obviously not a nostalgic thing as much as it is a nuisance. Perhaps I don't see as much of an issue as others because I have never led a guild or cared to, but am simply part of one. It just seems like people keep wanting more things that cut corners to how the game used to be. (Etc the suggestions on things like more nx, nx rewards, more drop rates. I don't see this being much different from Duke's suggestion to be able to log off the Orbis ship and be ported to Orbis anyway or VIC vice versa. If small conveniences are added, they pile up and suddenly everything is convenient just like GMS has turned into now.

Don't get me wrong, this is only MY opinion. And like I said the fact that I've never really been all over the guild leadership side of this topic. I don't know the pain of having to do that first hand, and can only guess.

• Like Like x 1
  11. driverdown

driverdown Orange Mushroom

Apr 18, 2015
    Female
    nowhere
    7:34 PM
    Falling
    Ranger
    buttstuff
    I support this! OnionF2

http://nxcache.Neckson.net/spotlight/112/00BBj-f9f732fc-09cf-499c-bbbe-12e7462d9414.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    I'd prefer that this wasn't added, but I don't feel too strongly about it.

13. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    8:34 AM
    I feel this way too, the teleport will allow people to gather random level 10s and form a guild easily. While they still have to pay a price, currently every single member have to make the trip down to Orbis to form a guild. It's not just paying mesos to form a guild, but travelling to the sacred grounds together that makes it meaningful, and also difficult so that only serious people go with the leader to form one. As for expansions, you can either expand ahead of time, or simply ask the person to wait. If they are serious about joining, or if they applied on the forums, I'm sure they can wait a day or two. The next time you're not grinding you can spend half an hour or so moving to Orbis to get those expansions. Adding this tele would be similar to adding "Create Guild" and "Expand Guild" buttons, just like in the party interface. Furthermore, expansions only require the Guild Master to travel, think of it as part of his responsibilities as a Guild Master. Guild Master don't have much to do apart from that (nothing that appointable Jr's can't do). The entire process of travelling to form a guild and travelling to expand the guild (or add/change logos) are part of the potential commitments the Guild Master has to consider and be prepared to undergo before deciding to lead a guild.

"If it ain't broken, don't fix it." I don't see a major downside to the current system, it only requires people to wait and travel, which is an inconvenience present in other areas of the game (just like travelling to find the Buddy List Admin). So I too would prefer this not to be added.

• Like Like x 4
  14. OP
    OP
    Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Why not just make the NPC useable to people who already have a guild? :confused:... problem solved.

Also.. if it will ruin your personal nostalgia of the game, don't use it rofl.
    We all know you would if it was there! C:

15. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    8:34 AM
    It still makes emblem creation/change and alliance formation easier alongside guild expansion, which makes up more than half of what the Guild Masters have to physically do.

Nostalgia is rarely about what you choose to do, and more of what everyone has to do. An exaggerated example is a server that provides potential cubes and scrolls and still calls themselves nostalgic, because you can choose not to use them on your equipment. But it may not end up feeling the same since everyone else is OP while you're having a hard time. What ruins the nostalgia is often that everyone else does it.

And yes if this were implemented in the end, I would use it. I would much rather not have it in the game, but if this goes through I'm not going to avoid it because everyone would use it (so it doesn't help the nostalgic effect) and I would be wasting my own time, unless of course I feel like it. You could draw similar parallels to the Trade button. I think there are a couple of people totally against the idea of Trade button, but they don't stop themselves from using it since it's in the game. Same goes for my own views on leeching. I dislike that the game is designed to accommodate leeching, but I don't hate people who leech nor do I avoid it entirely myself, because Neckson made that decision and there's nothing much we can do except use it if we will, but given a choice I would rather have it removed from the game.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  16. Yell

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    I'm 100% on this with Bulba. I'm one of those people that dislikes the trade button fm-teleport. However, I understand that a majority of the players probably love it and are okay with it. I use it because it's there, but if it wasn't I would complain either. And you're right, Aero. If it was implemented, I would use it. However, I'd prefer it not even get to that point. I believe I posted something similar earlier today bluntly, and I'll be blunt again. This is convenience, it's a crutch for people who want to change the old GMS because it's "too time consuming."

Once you hit that Create Guild button, you've devoted yourself to the annoyances of expanding and making alliances. Simple as that. I think that if you want to be a guild leader, and you're willing to sacrifice your training time for it, then you're a good guild leader. No, not even that! I won't even go that far because there are lower-populated guilds with FANTASTIC leaders that simply can't afford the upgrades sometimes. Make a Guild Account. Leave it in Orbis if you feel you have too much trouble making it from your training grounds to the Guild Hall.

17. OP
    OP
    Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Lol. well... hopefully kim doesnt take just the forum comments into consideration. Not that I dislike yours its just... Its not really a big of a deal to add it. :/

-end of my point.

18. Yell

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    Meh. I don't see Kim doing something like that. XD If she thinks it's good/bad for the server she'll accept/deny it respectfully. It might not be as big of a deal as I seem to be making it out to be. I tend to over think things. Either way, I do wish you luck on your suggestion. You wouldn't make a thread if it wasn't important to you.

• Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Thanks Yell <3

• Like Like x 1
  20. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    Have a Guild Coordinator NPC only allow for guild spot increases and charge a 10% premium for using her services rather than going to Orbis keeping creation/emblem only in Orbis.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.