1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

NPC which can sell megaphones for mesos?

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by XavieI2uI2u, Jan 23, 2016.

NPC which can sell megaphones for mesos?

1. Good Idea

15 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Bad Idea

12 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. XavieI2uI2u

XavieI2uI2u Slime

Jan 17, 2016
    Male
    Peru
    4:16 PM
    Xaviel2ul2u
    Spearman
    Imagine
    Lately, It's becoming too difficult to find people for any PQs. And not everybody pass the time on FM waiting for someone else to call them for certain PQ or not everybody want to/can spend valuable NX on megaphones.

Many people are just grinding and they don't want to spend their valuable time on only waiting. So they miss the chance about being recluted for an urgent PQ who lacks of participants. And I wonder if It would be a good idea if a NPC can be created in order to sell megaphones for mesos but with the limitation (if it's possible) about customer-X can use one megaphone once time from certain amount of time. Why? Because in order to avoid the mass spam on the dialogue box for everyone. Price? About the price, I suppose 500k is a fair price but I'll leave the decision to everyone. Level? Well, I guess #35 would be a great start.

I hope if It can be accepted by the Community. :)

Thank you for your time.

Xaviel2ul2u

2. Nostaigia

Nostaigia Orange Mushroom

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    2:16 PM
    Leecher
    Magician
    Dalmascus
    (A lot of my suggestions will be in reference to my last server so sorry if anyone is annoyed that every post I write is "well here this happened and this and that.." but I think it helps to show what works and what its like with certain things. )

Well right now are smegas only available in the CS? If anything, I think they should be dropped by monsters. It helps bring the community together and makes communication about certain things, such as selling items, recruiting for PQs, selling zhelms, leech, or looking for parties much easier in a server where the population is rather low and interaction between people can be..scarce at times. It also gives new players an easy way to obtain some small starting cash by selling the smegas they find to other players. Smegas being sold by a vendor should only be done when the server needs a real meso sink - which likely wont happen because this server is 1x drop/meso and doesn't have a very high population.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    11:16 PM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I think pqs can become more populated by useing smegas. I think it would be a nice idea to add like a public announcement just like the happyville one once a party needs 1 or 2 or 3 more members.
    (Make this only available once every 30 minutes to prevent people from spamming it)

So basically an option to click the npc which if you have 3-5 people gives a (blue) message ~Lpq about to begin, need 1-3 more player, head over there now!~.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    5:16 PM
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    Myo myo should sell smegas for 2m ea, or item smega for 5m ea

5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Some custom things I've done already is make SMEGAS much cheaper in Cash Shop than they originally were, same story for all the other megaphone based items (item smega, avatar smega, etc), so that helped the situation a bit already. You can also get them from Gachapon, which did help a bit already too.

I leave it to the community to discuss ideas how the situation can be improved based on their feedback.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I agree but I dont think this is the solution to helping people find pqs more easy. I personally don't think it is fair to make them pay.

7. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    6:16 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Similar to FearMeNowFearMeNow 's idea, I believe the PQ NPCs could be modified to allow party leaders to smega once every 10 minutes. It could be an oltion where you are requires to enter a number (with a limit between 1-5 to prevent troll smegas), then the NPC creates a smega based on that number (*IGN of party leader* needs *Number inserted* people for *PQ of the NPC*) . Of course, if the number inserted is 1, the message would be "1 person" not "1 people".

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dean

Dean Stone Golem

Apr 13, 2015
    Male
    Bulgaria
    12:16 AM
    Dean/Experience
    Corsair
    Demure
    Smegas that drop from mobs/can be acquired from PQs at a small rate sounds like a great idea to improve the communication between players.

9. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I personally don`t like the idea of an npc which sells smegas for mesos. If this is going to happen, then probably nobody will ever buy smega`s at cash shop anymore. Smega being sold at cash shop only is the best, and also part of nostalgia of maplestory.
    However, to stimulate people going to PQ it`s quite usefull to give the PQ NPC an option to recruite members via smega, but only once for a party leader every X minutes, to prevent people spamming recruitment smegas. The PQ smega should be like mentioned above: (IGN) is looking for (X members) for (type of PQ), needs following classes: (Classes).

Smega`s being dropped by monsters is not neccesary in my opinion.

• Like Like x 4
  10. xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    4:16 PM
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    I would be down with this idea if smegas were taken out of gach

11. Murano

Murano Mushmom

Jul 31, 2015
    Male
    5:16 PM
    Murano
    Night Lord
    Demure
    You already know where I stand on the idea

• Like Like x 2
  12. Boggyb

Boggyb Master Chronos

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    10:16 PM
    Pauldaniels
    Bishop
    Misfits
    I was for this idea until the smega spam and resulting bans today. Now I really hope it doesn't get implemented.

• Like Like x 3