1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

NX Clothes: Cancel Gender Dichotomy

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Distance, Jan 8, 2016.

Do you agree?

1. Yeah!!! ^__^

45 vote(s)
    84.9%
  2. No >:(

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    11:16 AM
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Let me explain something. You're asking one of the worst things. This literally means the staff would have to change the clothes for males and females. A male can't wear female armor/clothes because they don't have boobs which literally makes sense. If you've ever noticed the warrior male/female armors they're a little bit different. It also would make your character look funny if you're female because it would not be modified to the female's body which means every armor/nx clothes in the game would have to be edited for a female. I don't think the staff will work on this. This just means, you'll be stuck having boobs as a male that pop out of no where when you put nx clothes on.

2. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    I've already explained why it won't work. Look at my previous comment.

3. Togain

Togain Orange Mushroom

Sep 28, 2015
    Horntail's Cave
    10:16 AM
    Togain
    Dark Knight
    First of all, we're not talking about anything except NX clothes.

I get what you're saying about it being a large time investment though, that seems to be what everybody's jumped to at this point and I'll say it right now to the staff and everybody else: I have plenty of experience working on v62 servers, specifically with wz editing. If it's a matter of time and energy, I have both of those in spades, and I'm more than willing to single-handedly alter every NX cosmetic, should this suggestion be accepted.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    5:16 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Far as I know the body of a male and female is exactly the same (in maple anyways). It's the equip that changes the shape or size.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Buffles

Buffles Dark Stone Golem

Dec 9, 2015
    Male
    Buffles
    Paladin
    If you didn't know, the amount of time it takes to remove the gender restriction in cash shop clothes is negligible to the amount of time that needs to be invested in Magatia, APQ, CWKPQ and/or Ulu City.

Like Soblet mentioned above, the in-game models for both the male and female bodies are exactly the same. It's been quite a while since I last looked at MapleStory code but I believe the gender difference was identified by a 0 and 1? Either way it has nothing to do with the visual models. Additionally, the original sources for the game come with a built-in GM command to switch genders. I've done this before and equipped male clothes, female clothes and even a mixture of both. Whether it is removed here or not, it proves the simplicity of this.

None of your arguments regarding the time required by the staff are valid. Before you mention that even if it takes no time, it's still time that can be put in Magatia, APQ, etc, this thread is about removing the gender restriction not about what needs to be worked on next.

• Like Like x 1
  6. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    9:16 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    All discussion points aside, what a biased poll lmao

7. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    But it does have everything to do with what I stated though. The actual bodies are the same when "nude". When a female puts the clothes on, it should look different then if a male is wearing the same clothes. It's either that, or just remove gender entirely. Would definitely make scrolling easier.

8. Buffles

Buffles Dark Stone Golem

Dec 9, 2015
    Male
    Buffles
    Paladin
    Yes, but that is part of cross-dressing. If someone wants to cross-dress, they are aware that if they're putting on a female top/overall they will get boobs. It's not like everything will be modified to fit the gender, it's simply to allow one gender to use the other gender's attire. OP hasn't suggested editing the current clothes, simply to remove the gender lock. Additionally, no it would not make scrolling easier since OP indicated in the title this is for NX Clothes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Distance

Distance Dark Stone Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    6:16 PM
    This has everything to do with morality. When you make an argument about what should be in a global game that involves many people you are making a moral argument.

You mentioned islanders demanding extra content after choosing to give up on their right to job advance. The difference between cross-dressing and islanders is that cross-dressing isn't allowed. Imagine that an islander would want to level to level 11 on Maple island and then *poof* the game code would warp him to Lith Harbor. Is that fair?

The cancellation of gender dichotomy on NX clothes will allow the in-game expression for cross dressers. It won't damage dichotomic dressers in any way.

10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Wrong.

The bus should have been here by now.

All mages should max their increase max mp skill first.

Cars should look sleek and classy.

None of these statements actually have anything to do with morality whatsoever. They don't even necessarily have anything to do with fact. It's just a word used to express an opinion. And quite frankly, I am getting sick and tired having people shove words down my throat and claiming I mean something when I repeatedly insist I am not saying such things.

Islanders were just brought up because what I was really getting at was the extremely small, niche group of people that would even do such a thing, much less seriously care about their effort. This has nothing to do with fairness at all. The only difference is that one thing is hard-coded, another is not. It actually might be more "fair" to kick islanders off maple island, though, because that is an area meant for newbies. :rolleyes:

See now, here's the thing. Why would anyone want to express being a cross dresser in a game? I've seen it done in fable.. and yes the NPCs do react to you like a weirdo. But still, ironically, I am actually trying to keep real life out of this.

Think about it. Why do people crossdress in real life? Isn't it usually from a desire to experience what it might be like to be the other gender? Now think of maplestory, where you consciously choose the gender of your character beforehand, and you can make multiple characters, all who can look vastly different, have different abilities, and have their own unique identities in and of themselves? Why is it so necessary to have to bring crossdressing into the game anyway when you can choose whatever gender you'd like and practically be multiple genders at the same time by going to the character select screen?

Anyway, you know what? Fine. In the name of "Freedom", I'll change my vote to yes. Enjoy, whenever staff get around to changing it.

Coming Soon™ :coffee:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  11. Conjuring

Conjuring Master Chronos

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    6:16 PM
    You can't change your vote though...

12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Oh well. Who cares anyway, right? Like 85% are saying yes. So that means they will definitely follow the poll results...
    Oh wait. Onionthehehe

• Like Like x 3
  13. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:16 PM
    Moderator Post
    Closed for time being since unless we manually remove all tags from .wz's (which is a really big pain) we believe this is currently not possible, unless we remove the gender check for both non-Cash items and Cash items, which probably is not the best thing to do, since it effects the game.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.