1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information October 2022 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    5:10 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Did u guys mean to post in the challenges thread ^

2. FatSloth

FatSloth Windraider Retired Staff

Nov 15, 2020
    Male
    7:10 AM
    FatSloth
    Buccaneer
    ImACatMeow
    Oops I just got a notification and expected it to be in the the challenge thread :V

3. HouseAuburn

HouseAuburn Capt. Latanica

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    8:10 AM
    Huge!! Celestalia's Arrow Rain is only at 10 for the moment (due to MP cost increase at 11), so this is a really nice buff. Cheers! FoxF2

4. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    yeah I thought this was the challenges thread for some reason my bad

5. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    rip timeless list dream
    Onion...

6. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    1:10 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    If I may be so free to also use this thread sa a bit of a feedback thread:

Just did my first shad playing with the revamped nate and I'm so very happy.
    Perhaps it was my network causing frequent dashes, but it felt like every third nate would make me dash.
    No dashes now unless I want to dash to reposition. In the cases where I wanted to reposition, it felt as smooth as I expected it to and it always registered correctly.

Huge props and thanks to staff for making shad lives matter and better.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  7. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    [​IMG]

Please increase the range of Dragon Knight's Crusher as well. It is too short.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    [​IMG]

You missed Crusher.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    [​IMG]
    Still not Crusher..

The only DK skill that really matters.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    No need to make 3 separate posts to get your point across.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    That was the point. :p

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    8:10 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I am just curious, why is mortal blow identified to be a bug, that it doesn't 1 hit kill a mob. But snipe isn't.
    Their description pretty much say the same thing? Fyi, I dont have prior knowledge of other maple games.

Mortal Blow
    upload_2022-10-10_22-4-48.png
    Snipe
    upload_2022-10-10_22-4-59.png

13. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Would have expected a DK main to notice this change actually but we forgot to mention in the patch notes that we did in fact increase the range from Crusher so thanks for the reminder.

• [​IMG] Pole Arm Crusher increased vertical range at level 30
    • [​IMG] Spear Crusher increased vertical range at level 30
    Crusher was given the same vertical range as Brandish to help Dark Knights with positioning and allow them to reach certain bosses from certain platforms they previously were unable to.

Will edit this into the Balance notes now.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  14. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    We just have to make 3 posts in a row? It's that easy?

Please increase the range of Crusader's Panic as well. It is too short.

1/3

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We cannot make skill changes like these without a patch, so it was actually forgotten to be listed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    Assassinate change has been good. No longer having awkward dashing when I didn't want it to and feeling a lot safer during boss fights (since I know I wont nearly suicide into them anymore). Good job to the dev who coded.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    Im not a DK main tho lol

EDIT: I was mostly focusing on horizontal range increase, but I guess this is a good change nonetheless.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Are the ults going to be fixed so that it isn't a rather confusing nerf for the 99% of players just playing regularly? Casting AR/Cannon/Crusher/Paralyze/Chain Lightning 5 times locking you out of your big skill just seems incredibly janky for folks just trying to boss. If it's a bug then why wasn't the concept tested before release? It was noticed within 5 minutes of the server being up by multiple people just trying to figure out how it worked. If it's intentional then shouldn't more thought have been put into the consequences of the change for the vast majority of players?

It sort of chips away at the credibility of the changes as a whole, and that notion is only further strengthened by the fact that it wasn't even the correct Ninto map that was hit by nerfs. After the files were released, it was noticed before the server was even up that the Ninto map that wasn't used for farming was the one that was changed. As a player, it mostly makes me wonder how well vetted any of these ideas are or even how well understood multimaging is in general by staff. If it's not well understood, then how can changes even be justified? Shouldn't the very basis of criticism and change include figures like how much money is made, what maps are used, how much investment does it take, how it compares to other methods of making money, and how changes would affect the rest of the server's players? If those questions don't have answers, then is it really possible to say that the changes are informed enough to justify being pushed through? Or are changes simply being pushed to try and justify a predetermined conclusion?

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  19. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We can't take into account of everything when we are working on things. The purpose of this pre-halloween patch is also so we can see if we encounter any problems and have them fixed for the upcoming halloween event, instead of having everything at halloween event which stresses us more on top of people having problems during the event itself.

The whole "do we have any idea what we need to do" is in my honest opinion completely unjustified and sometimes more simple things just slip through when doing CLIENT edits, which is already modifying the game to do things its not meant to do. All really is needed is report the bug and let us look into it, and not immediately come into conclusions and assume its intentional somehow.

We have the logs, we have the data, and we have everything. I say it again even though I already did about 10 times by now, but we can't address everything at the very same time on the very same patch, and we already have stacks of things that we are working on, and have even more so things that we want to implement already or wanted implement a long time ago. We just don't have all the time in the world unfortunately.

And this doesn't even take into account the 50 other things we wanted to re-code from scratch which we just can't even get started or finish because of the other things we need to do, and constantly get pulled back because of new issues occurring (ex: the Duey losing items issue)

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    9:10 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Both Ninto maps along with the remainder of ToT maps were in the process of being changed but after getting covid for the second time last week, I fell behind on the changes, which is why only part of the map changes were released with the patch. However, map changes being something that doesn't require a restart, the remaining changes that I couldn't do while knocked out last week were applied as of a couple hours ago on live servers asap. Remainder of the criticism I believe was adequately responded to by Kimmy, and I am still too conked out from post-covid symptoms to construct a decent reply. But hope that clears up some stuff~

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 1