1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Official feedback: Inventory Slot upgrades

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Kimmy, Apr 18, 2015.

How should we handle Inventory Slot upgrades?

1. 100% GMS-like

2. Upgrade until max what client can handle (100?)

3. Other (ex: only ETC 100 slots, rest GMS-like due to balance issue, please reply in topic)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:18 PM
    Moderator Post
    Hello,

Here's another official feedback I want opinions of. Over the weeks, I've got people mention how our item slot inventory isn't same as most servers, you need buy inventory slots like in GMS. This is something that will stay. However, other servers also had MORE slots than GMS. This is where the feedback kicks in.

Basically, our slot upgrading in Cash Shop is now 100% GMS-like on how many you can have (48) Private Servers often use 100 slots or something like that.

It IS possible to increase Cash Shop upgrade limit to same amount as other servers often use, but do we want this? It will sink the nx even more but also allow other that want it to hold more slots.

What *ALSO* is possible (so far I know) is to make this change only for example ETC slots so questers can hold more items in their ETC while keeping equip (my most concern due to OP NPCing) the same as GMS.

Let your feedback come out and let me know what you do think.

NOTE: Once again the most amount doesn't automatically win, but it makes us know what our community wants.

2. Combo

Combo Red Snail

Apr 8, 2015
    1:18 PM
    Combo
    Just to verify: the what-the-client-can-handle option means that by default people have the minimum amount of slots and using NX one can purchase more slots up to about 100 or so?

3. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    6:18 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Correct

4. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Yes. Default will always be what we have now, but you would be able to upgrade to more slots than what GMS had to offer.

5. Aegis

Aegis Slime

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    United States
    3:18 AM
    Aegis
    Cleric
    I feel that a lot of people would take advantage of NPCing if equips were able to have more slots than 100 thus flooding more mesos into the economy.
    However, ETC is such an important part of questing / ores that I wouldn't really see any harm done by increasing ETC space at all.
    I vote for Keep it GMS-like, but allow ETC space to be expanded by as much as possible. Kinda annoying only having ~10 slots to use while the rest are filled with Eos Scrolls / Crystals.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kermit

Kermit Red Snail

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    8:18 PM
    Kermit
    Assassin
    I'd prefer a slightly larger max etc upgrade, not 100 though - I think this is too much. 48 is more then enough for everything else, never really had the need to go beyond it anyway.

7. Melon

Melon Blue Snail

Apr 17, 2015
    Male
    iMelon
    Bandit
    I don't see any real point in increasing the max number of slots. Aside from the convenience, it doesn't accomplish too much and on the downside, it deviates from the traditional GMS-style inventory system. I think having less slots forces people to actually manage their space and encourages people to sell their items to get money from what they find--or just drop/NPC/give away the items.

My vote is for keeping it 100% GMS like, after all, that's a trademark of this server.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Betwixt

Betwixt Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Feb 16, 2015
    Betwixt
    Night Lord
    Salty/Demure
    I personally believe that the increase in max slots would be nice. I mean, we're still paying NX for them, so. :V

9. Greg

Greg Red Snail

Apr 11, 2015
    Male
    8:18 PM
    Grisha
    Priest
    Immortal
    This is a problem that I've had a lot of annoyance with. I don't really think that the inventory space should be maxed out, but maybe making the price in the cash shop slightly cheaper to promote it being bought more.

10. Treat

Treat King Slime

Mar 19, 2015
    Treat
    Night Lord
    ♥ Synergy ♥
    The only ones I can ever really see becoming an issue for anyone that has maxed out their inventory slots are the use and etc tabs, so I voted "other".

Increasing etc slots would be convenient for questing and ores, that's about it.
    As far as the use slots go, you could either make ciders stack (most people use them anyway), or you could increase the cap. I would personally prefer if you made ciders stack since 48 slots is more than enough for anything else (stars, pots etc.).

And like Greg said, 1k per slot always seemed pretty ridiculous to me. I'd say lower the price slightly or add the 8 slot expansions (6.4k NX?) to CS.

11. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I like the 8 slots for 6.4k idea but idk if that was available in V.62

12. itzjaacky

itzjaacky Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    IIIIIIIIIIII
    Dark Knight
    Influence
    what treat said ~ Use / etc would be nice :D

13. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    6:18 PM
    I think it's fine the way it is now. If it ain't broken, don't fix it I guess.

Use slots would be very useful to me as a sin but I think that makes the game a little easy, even if we are paying NX for it (which is free to boot). I think the GMS max are enough already. You can always make mules/new accounts if you need more etc/use slots.

To add on to what melon said, it forces people to go through the trouble of making mules (and upgrading the mule inventory slot if they want), or else choose which ores/scrolls/etc. they want to keep and sell off the rest. Allowing players to have 100 slots (even if they paid NX for it) will allow them to hoard everything. While you can still hoard everything if you make mules, you have to at least go through the trouble of making the mules and training them to 7, and transferring all the stuff yourself, rather than pay NX for it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  14. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    You should seriously re-word that option.
    And also allow recasting votes.

15. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    4:18 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The very first thing that should be said here is: Just because GMS did something a certain way, it doesn't mean this server should copy it. Simply put, there's many things Neckson did that were idiotic, questionable, or quite clearly only served to increase their revenue. We need to look beyond what GMS did and actually look at how these decisions affect the game's quality

And, just like in GMS, I am remembering how claustrophobic inventory space was. I suppose you could say I've simply been playing well so far. I've gotten lots of potions from quests and haven't burned through them all, so my use inventory is almost completely full. I only have a few return scrolls too... ETC space is also extremely cramped. I like to actually keep the ores, either to use them for quests or to just save them up and sell to others or something. Maybe I'd even use them for making some equips. But it is pretty hard to keep all my ores, and keep etc items needed for quests, and still have enough etc space just to keep misc loot to sell later.

At the very least, I think 8 additional slots for USE and ETC tabs is needed just to make it playable. Sure, if you just npc all your extra potions but the very best, and if you don't do any quests and don't keep any ores you have plenty of inventory space. But many of us don't actually like to play that way. Someone has to actually hold on to those ores and scrolls so that others may have them later.

16. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    12:18 AM
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    I may be mistaken but I don't think Kimberly was asking what the new default inventory space should be. What i think she's asking is what the max possible amount of slots should be AFTER you have purchased inventory slot upgrades from the cash shop.
    Her second sentence states that changing the starting default inventory slots won't change.

17. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Or maybe she just meant that we won't automatically start out with 100 inv slots like every other private server. *shrug*

18. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    12:18 AM
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    No. That's not what she meant at all. Take a look at the below bold text from her original post.

While grammar was a bit off, the message was clear that she won't be changing the starting slots. She's specifically referring to the amount of upgrades. I can see where the confusion sets in because the wording and structure of the entire post was a bit off.

@Kimberly@Kimberly I would suggest rewording/fixing up your original post to avoid more confusion.

19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    That quote does not even imply that she is not considering increasing the amount of slots we start off with. All that really says is that it's not going to be like other servers where everyone starts off with the max slots and we don't need to buy inventory slot upgrades through the cash shop.

In either case, would you stop trying to tell me what you think Kimberly means, and if she has a problem with it let her say so herself? Thanks.

20. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Starting slots will <not> be increased, ever. Its indeed about what the MAX is.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.